1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Wicks and Coils

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Drippers aka RDA's' started by muth, Apr 13, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

I came up with a different wicking technique for my drippers that I drip through the cap or drip tip with. It might have been done before but I haven't seen it. It's similar to The Rollercoaster made with ReadyxWick only it's done with cotton and pulled tighter over the center post(s).

I cut a long strip of Japanese cotton and thread it through one end of the first coil. I pull it through in a continuous string up and over the center post diagonally to the other coil where I thread it through again. It creates a 'Z' or 'S' shape depending on which direction you start from. I trim the ends to the side of the deck, keeping them fluffy, then tuck them in. The juice rolls down to the coils which are covered top and bottom. I get a nice, full hit and can use more juice even if the deck is shallow.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Midniteoyl

Midniteoyl Seriously Committed

I read the topic title as 'wicked coils'... And, well, it is :)

3. Eric DeCastro

Eric DeCastro More than a blip!

I used to wick my dual coils that way but on my drippers now I just use two separate pieces of cotton. I don't see any difference in performance.

4. neojuice

neojuice PiL b

Nice. I think I'll coil and wick up my derringer tonight using this method! Great; I've been looking for a way to go over-the-top. Interesting that you'd never really seen it before. Me neither.

5. GFrost

GFrost blips on parade

Nice! I'm going to try that out

6. muth

muth More than a poop!

My thinking was that when I drip through the top cap it just hits the center post then 'eventually' the ends of the wicks would absorb it from the bottom of the deck. This way, instead of absorbing up, it's trickling down and there's a bit more cotton catching heat (but doesn't obstruct airflow). LOL, just saying, I like it.

7. muth

muth More than a poop!

[​IMG]WTF??!!

8. thewandererNick

thewandererNick Seriously Committed

i might need to try this method tomorrow. I have a shallow well in my atty and i think this might be the ticket.

9. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hiya Nick. Hope it works out for you. I find it convenient.