1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Vaping Christians - Support, Inspiration, Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Apr 7, 2015.

1. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

First Take the Log out of Your Own Eye
    MONDAY 20 JUNE 2022 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    FACEBOOKTWITTERCOPY LINKWHATSAPPSHARE
    GOSPEL READING: Matthew 7:1-5

1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

2. daleron

Do Not Throw Your Pearls before Swine
    TUESDAY 21 JUNE 2022 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    GOSPEL READING: Matthew 7:6,12-14

6 "Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot and turn to attack you. 12 So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets. 13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

3. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Remain Unshaken

. . . In order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain.

Hebrews 12:27

We have many things in our possession at the present moment that can be shaken, and it is not good for a Christian to rely upon them, for there is nothing stable beneath these rolling skies; change is written upon all things. Yet we have certain “things that cannot be shaken,” and I invite you this evening to think of them—that if the things that can be shaken should all be taken away, you may derive real comfort from the things that cannot be shaken and that will remain. Whatever your losses have been, or may be, you enjoy present salvation.

You are standing at the foot of Christ’s cross, trusting alone in the merit of His precious blood, and no rise or fall of the markets can interfere with your salvation in Him; no breaking of banks, no failures and bankruptcies can touch that. Then you are a child of God this evening. God is your Father. No change of circumstances can ever rob you of that. Even if by loss you are brought to poverty and stripped bare, you can still say, “He is still my Father. In my Father’s house are many rooms; therefore I will not be troubled.” You have another permanent blessing, namely, the love of Jesus Christ. He who is God and man loves you with all the strength of His affectionate nature—nothing can affect that. The fig tree may not blossom, and the flocks may dwindle and wander from the field, but it does not matter to the man who can sing, “My Beloved is mine, and I am His.” Our best portion and richest heritage we cannot lose.

Whatever troubles come, let us play the man; let us show that we are not like little children cast down by what happens to us in this poor fleeting state of time. Our country is Immanuel’s land, our hope is fixed in heaven, and therefore, calm as the summer’s ocean, we will see the wreck of everything earthborn and yet rejoice in the God of our salvation.

4. daleron

The Wise Who Built Their House upon the Rock
    THURSDAY 23 JUNE 2022 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    Alternate reading: Luke 1:5-17

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 7:21-29

21 "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' 23 And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.' 24 "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; 25 and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; 27 and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it." 28 And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, 29 for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

5. daleron

Lord, You Can Make Me Clean
    FRIDAY 24 JUNE 2022 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    Alternate readings: Luke 15:3-7; Luke 1:57-66,80

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 8:1-4

1 When he came down from the mountain, great crowds followed him; 2 and behold, a leper came to him and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, if you will, you can make me clean." 3 And he stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, "I will; be clean." And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 4 And Jesus said to him, "See that you say nothing to any one; but go, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a proof to the people."

6. daleron

Say the Word and My Servant Will Be Healed
    SATURDAY 25 JUNE 2022 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    GOSPEL READING: Matthew 8:5-17

5 As he entered Capernaum, a centurion came forward to him, beseeching him 6 and saying, "Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, in terrible distress." 7 And he said to him, "I will come and heal him." 8 But the centurion answered him, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, `Go,' and he goes, and to another, `Come,' and he comes, and to my slave, `Do this,' and he does it." 10 When Jesus heard him, he marveled, and said to those who followed him, "Truly, I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such faith. 11 I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, 12 while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth." 13 And to the centurion Jesus said, "Go; be it done for you as you have believed." And the servant was healed at that very moment. 14 And when Jesus entered Peter's house, he saw his mother-in-law lying sick with a fever; 15 he touched her hand, and the fever left her, and she rose and served him. 16 That evening they brought to him many who were possessed with demons; and he cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick. 17 This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah, "He took our infirmities and bore our diseases."

7. daleron

Psalm 16:1-2,5,7-11

1 Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
    2 I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you."
    5 The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot.
    7 I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me.
    8 I keep the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; my body also dwells secure.
    10 For you do not give me up to Sheol, or let your godly one see the Pit.
    11 You show me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy, in your right hand are pleasures for evermore.

8. daleron

Psalm 50:1-5, 23

1 The Mighty One, God the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
    2 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth.
    3 Our God comes, he does not keep silence, before him is a devouring fire, round about him a mighty tempest.
    4 He calls to the heavens above and to the earth, that he may judge his people:
    5 "Gather to me my faithful ones, who made a covenant with me by sacrifice!"
    23 He who brings thanksgiving as his sacrifice honors me; to him who orders his way aright I will show the salvation of God!"