1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Vaping Christians - Support, Inspiration, Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Apr 7, 2015.

1. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  2. daleron

From Darkness and Death to Light and Life
    MONDAY 3 JANUARY 2022 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    FACEBOOKTWITTERCOPY LINKWHATSAPPSHARE
    GOSPEL READING: Matthew 4:12-17,23-25

12 Now when he heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee; 13 and leaving Nazareth he went and dwelt in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, 14 that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: 15 "The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, toward the sea, across the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles -- 16 the people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, and for those who sat in the region and shadow of death light has dawned." 17 From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
    23 And he went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every infirmity among the people. 24 So his fame spread throughout all Syria, and they brought him all the sick, those afflicted with various diseases and pains, demoniacs, epileptics, and paralytics, and he healed them. 25 And great crowds followed him from Galilee and the Decapolis and Jerusalem and Judea and from beyond the Jordan.

3. daleron

They All Ate and Were Satisfied
    TUESDAY 4 JANUARY 2022 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    GOSPEL READING: Mark 6:34-44

34 As he went ashore he saw a great throng, and he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and he began to teach them many things. 35 And when it grew late, his disciples came to him and said, "This is a lonely place, and the hour is now late; 36 send them away, to go into the country and villages round about and buy themselves something to eat." 37 But he answered them, "You give them something to eat." And they said to him, "Shall we go and buy two hundred denarii worth of bread, and give it to them to eat?" 38 And he said to them, "How many loaves have you? Go and see." And when they had found out, they said, "Five, and two fish." 39 Then he commanded them all to sit down by companies upon the green grass. 40 So they sat down in groups, by hundreds and by fifties. 41 And taking the five loaves and the two fish he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and broke the loaves, and gave them to the disciples to set before the people; and he divided the two fish among them all. 42 And they all ate and were satisfied. 43 And they took up twelve baskets full of broken pieces and of the fish. 44 And those who ate the loaves were five thousand men.

4. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

You were created with God’s purpose in mind. Until you discover His purpose for you—and follow through on it—there will always be a hole in your soul.

As Ephesians 2:10 says, you are God’s workmanship. Don’t let this important reality slip by. Say it out loud: “I am God’s workmanship.”

Do you know what that means? It means you are the product of God’s vision. God has decided what you could be and should be. Through Christ He has brought about, and continues to bring about, changes in you in accordance with His picture of what you could and should be.

But His vision for you is not complete simply because God has the vision. It has to be made into a reality. So you have a crucial part in it. As Paul says, you have been crafted to do good works. The particular works God has in mind for you are important and are different from the ones He has in mind for me or for anyone else.

The God of the universe has something in mind for us to do. After all, doesn’t he have other things to think about? But the apostle Paul assures us that God has prepared something specific for us to do.

This means you and I have no right to live visionless lives. If God has a vision for what we are to do with our allotment of years, we had better get in on it, don’t you think? What a tragedy it would be to miss it!

God’s vision for you is what you were made for. More than that, His individual vision for your life is a small part of a grand plan for the universe that He envisioned and put in motion long before you or I came on the scene. I’m not exaggerating one bit when I say that your vision came from eternity past and fulfilling it will have effects lasting into eternity future.

Think about what it means to be God’s workmanship and begin trying to discern the purpose God has built into you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. daleron

he Spirit of the Lord Is upon Me
    THURSDAY 6 JANUARY 2022 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    Alternate reading: Matthew 2:1-12

GOSPEL READING: Luke 4:14-22

14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee, and a report concerning him went out through all the surrounding country. 15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified by all. 16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up; and he went to the synagogue, as his custom was, on the Sabbath day. And he stood up to read; 17 and there was given to him the book of the prophet Isaiah. He opened the book and found the place where it was written,

18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, 19 to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."
    20 And he closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant, and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, "Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing." 22 And all spoke well of him, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth; and they said, "Is not this Joseph's son?"

6. daleron

Lord, You Can Make Me Clean
    FRIDAY 7 JANUARY 2022 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    GOSPEL READING: Luke 5:12-16

12 While he was in one of the cities, there came a man full of leprosy; and when he saw Jesus, he fell on his face and besought him, "Lord, if you will, you can make me clean." 13 And he stretched out his hand, and touched him, saying, "I will; be clean." And immediately the leprosy left him. 14 And he charged him to tell no one; but "go and show yourself to the priest, and make an offering for your cleansing, as Moses commanded, for a proof to the people." 15 But so much the more the report went abroad concerning him; and great multitudes gathered to hear and to be healed of their infirmities. 16 But he withdrew to the wilderness and prayed.

7. MRSpivey

“A Beacon in the Darkness

God’s ultimate plan for your life reaches beyond the visions he’s given you for your family, business, ministry, and finances. He has positioned you in your culture as a singular point of light. A beacon in a world that desperately needs to see something divine, something that is clearly not of this world.

Above and beyond the achievements associated with your vision, he wants to draw people to himself. Our visions are means to a greater end, namely the glory of God and the salvation of men and women. This is his ultimate objective, his ultimate desire.

Have you ever prayed anything along these lines: “Father, let my light shine before people in such a way that they may see my good works and glorify you”?

I don’t hear prayers like that very often. Our prayers hover close to our personal visions and dreams. All too often we focus our prayer energies on trying to get God to bless something, change somebody, or grant us success with a project. Yet he is far more interested in the consistency of our light in environments where light is not appreciated. All our projects, dreams, and visions are merely potential opportunities for the Father to draw attention and people to himself.

When you pray for your family, don’t limit your request to “protection” and “blessing.” Pray that God would establish your family as a light in your community. Ask him to use your family relationships to attract others’ attention to him. Ask him to allow others to detect a divine element in your family’s life and lifestyle.

When you pray for financial and business success, ask God to grant it in such a way that those outside the faith sit up and take notice. Pray that the people around you would realize that your success was accomplished with the help of your God.

You are here to be a light to your world. You are a beacon in this dark night.

The success God grants you is not for your sake alone. It is a means to a much greater end. An eternal end. There is a divine potential in all that you do.

Put yourself in the shoes of the nonbelievers in your life. What do they see when they observe how you live your life?”

“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
    ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. daleron

Thank you Mark, your post really struck my heart this morning and gives me hope that my life could still have something to offer.

9. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. MRSpivey

“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
    ‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:1-2‬ NIV

11. daleron

Psalm 8:2,5-9

2 By the mouth of babes and infants, you have founded a bulwark because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger.
    5 Yet you have made him little less than God, and did crown him with glory and honor.
    6 You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet,
    7 all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field,
    8 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the sea.
    9 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

12. MRSpivey

“Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph.”
    ‭‭Amos‬ ‭5:14-15‬ ‭NIV‬‬

13. daleron

upload_2022-1-13_6-27-29.jpeg

14. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Enlist God’s Aid through Prayer

Beginning to sink he cried out, ‘Lord, save me.’

Matthew 14:30

Sinking times are praying times with the Lord’s servants. Peter neglected prayer at starting upon his venturous journey, but when he began to sink, his danger made him a suppliant, and his cry, though late, was not too late.

In our hours of bodily pain and mental anguish, we find ourselves as naturally driven to prayer as the wreck is driven upon the shore by the waves. The fox runs to its hole for protection; the bird flies to the wood for shelter; and even so the tried believer hastens to the mercy-seat for safety. Heaven’s great harbor of refuge is All-prayer; thousands of weather-beaten vessels have found a haven there, and the moment a storm comes on, it is wise for us to make for it with full sail.

Short prayers are long enough. There were but three words in the petition that Peter gasped out, but they were sufficient for his purpose. Not length but strength is desirable. A sense of need is a mighty teacher of brevity. If our prayers had less of the tail feathers of pride and more wing, they would be all the better. Verbiage is to devotion as chaff to the wheat. Precious things lie in small compass, and all that is real prayer in many a long address might have been uttered in a petition as short as that of Peter.

Our extremities are the Lord’s opportunities. Immediately a keen sense of danger forces an anxious cry from us, the ear of Jesus hears, and with Him ear and heart go together, and the hand does not long linger. At the last moment we appeal to our Master, but His swift hand makes up for our delays by instant and effectual action. Are we nearly engulfed by the boisterous waters of affliction? Let us then lift up our souls unto our Savior, and we may rest assured that He will not suffer us to perish. When we can do nothing, Jesus can do everything; let us enlist His powerful aid upon our side, and all will be well.

15. daleron

upload_2022-1-15_7-25-53.jpeg

16. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. daleron

Psalm 110:1-4

1 The LORD says to my lord: "Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool."
    2 The LORD sends forth from Zion your mighty scepter. Rule in the midst of your foes!
    3 Your people will offer themselves freely on the day you lead your host upon the holy mountains. From the womb of the morning like dew your youth will come to you.
    4 The LORD has sworn and will not change his mind, "You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek."

18. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Mark 2:23-28

23 One Sabbath he was going through the grain fields; and as they made their way his disciples began to pluck heads of grain. 24 And the Pharisees said to him, "Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?" 25 And he said to them, "Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry, he and those who were with him: 26 how he entered the house of God, when Abiathar was high priest, and ate the bread of the Presence, which it is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those who were with him?" 27 And he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath; 28 so the Son of man is lord even of the Sabbath."

19. daleron

Is It Lawful... to Save Life or to Kill?
    WEDNESDAY 19 JANUARY 2022 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    GOSPEL READING: Mark 3:1-6

1 Again he entered the synagogue, and a man was there who had a withered hand. 2 And they watched him, to see whether he would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse him. 3 And he said to the man who had the withered hand, "Come here." 4 And he said to them, "Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?" But they were silent. 5 And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was restored. 6 The Pharisees went out, and immediately held counsel with the Herodians against him, how to destroy him.

Meditation: What is God's intention for the commandment, keep holy the Sabbath (Exodus 20:8; Deuteronomy 5:12)? The scribes and Pharisees wanted to catch Jesus in the act of breaking the Sabbath ritual so they might accuse him of breaking God's law. In a few penetrating words Mark the Evangelist records that Jesus looked at them with anger, and grieved at their hardness of hearts(Mark 3:5).

God's purpose and intention for the Sabbath commandment
    The legal scholars and religious-minded Jews were filled with fury and contempt for Jesus because they put their own thoughts of right and wrong above God. They were ensnared in their own legalism because they did not understand or see the purpose of God for the Sabbath commandment (remember the Sabbath day - to keep it holy - Exodus 20:8).. Jesus shows their fallacy by pointing to God's intention for the Sabbath: to do good and to save life rather than to do evil or to destroy life (Mark 3:3).