1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Vaping Christians - Support, Inspiration, Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Apr 7, 2015.

1. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

upload_2021-10-19_6-27-49.jpeg

2. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Equal to the Greatest Christian

Infants in Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:1

Are you mourning, believer, because your spiritual life is so weak, because your faith is so small, your love so feeble?

Cheer up because you have reason to be grateful. Remember that in some things you are equal to the greatest and most mature Christian.

• You are as much purchased with blood as he is.

• You are just as much an adopted child of God as any other believer. An infant is as truly a child of its parents as is the full-grown man. You are as completely justified, for your justification is not a matter of degree: Your little faith has made you clean every bit.

• You have as much right to the precious things of the covenant as the most advanced believers, for your right to covenant mercies does not lie in your growth but in the covenant itself; and your faith in Jesus is not the measure but the token of your inheritance in Him.

• You are as rich as the richest—if not in enjoyment, yet in real possession. The smallest star that gleams is set in heaven; the faintest ray of light has affinity with the sun. In the family register of heaven, the small and the great are written with the same pen.

• You are as dear to your Father’s heart as the greatest in the family. Jesus is very tender toward you.
    You are like the faintly burning wick; a rougher spirit would say, “Put out that useless flame; it fills the room with an offensive odor!” But the feeble wick He will not quench. You are like a bruised reed, and any less tender hand than that of the Chief Musician would tread upon you or throw you away; but He will never break the bruised reed. So instead of being downcast by reason of what you are, you should rejoice in Christ. Am I but small and feeble in the vast company of believers? Yet in Christ I am made to sit in heavenly places. Am I poor in faith? Yet in Jesus I am heir of all things. I do not need to boast or elevate myself; even as an infant in Christ I will rejoice in the Lord and glory in the God of my salvation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  3. daleron

Be Ready to Answer - the Lord Draws Near
    WEDNESDAY 20 OCTOBER 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    FACEBOOKTWITTERCOPY LINKWHATSAPPSHARE
    GOSPEL READING: Luke 12:39-48

39 But know this, that if the householder had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have left his house to be broken into. 40 You also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an unexpected hour." 41 Peter said, "Lord, are you telling this parable for us or for all?" 42 And the Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and wise steward, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master when he comes will find so doing. 44 Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. 45 But if that servant says to himself, `My master is delayed in coming,' and begins to beat the menservants and the maidservants, and to eat and drink and get drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will punish him, and put him with the unfaithful. 47 And that servant who knew his master's will, but did not make ready or act according to his will, shall receive a severe beating. 48 But he who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, shall receive a light beating. Every one to whom much is given, of him will much be required; and of him to whom men commit much they will demand the more.

4. daleron

Psalm 1:1-6

1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
    2 but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
    3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
    4 The wicked are not so, but are like chaff which the wind drives away.
    5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
    6 for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

5. daleron

Psalm 119:66,68,76-77,93-94

66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments.
    68 You are good and do good; teach me your statutes.
    76 Let your steadfast love be ready to comfort me according to your promise to your servant.
    77 Let your mercy come to me, that I may live; for your law is my delight.
    93 I will never forget your precepts; for by them you have given me life.
    94 I am yours, save me; for I have sought your precepts.

6. daleron

Psalm 24:1-6

1 The earth is the LORD's and the fulness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein;
    2 for he has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the rivers.
    3 Who shall ascend the hill of the LORD? And who shall stand in his holy place?
    4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully.
    5 He will receive blessing from the LORD, and vindication from the God of his salvation.
    6 Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob.

7. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. daleron

Psalm 1:1-6

1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
    2 but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
    3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
    4 The wicked are not so, but are like chaff which the wind drives away.
    5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
    6 for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

9. daleron

What God's Kingdom Is Like
    TUESDAY 26 OCTOBER 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    GOSPEL READING: Luke 13:18-21

18 He said therefore, "What is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I compare it? 19 It is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his garden; and it grew and became a tree, and the birds of the air made nests in its branches." 20 And again he said, "To what shall I compare the kingdom of God? 21 It is like leaven which a woman took and hid in three measures of flour, till it was all leavened."

Meditation: What can mustard seeds and leaven teach us about the kingdom of God? The tiny mustard seed literally grew to be a tree which attracted numerous birds because they loved the little black mustard seed it produced. God's kingdom works in a similar fashion. It starts from the smallest beginnings in the hearts of men and women who are receptive to God's word. And it works unseen and causes a transformation from within.

The transforming power of the Holy Spirit within us
    Leaven is another powerful agent of change. A lump of dough left to itself remains just what it is, a lump of dough. But when the leaven is added to it a transformation takes place which produces rich and wholesome bread when heated - the staple of life for humans. The kingdom of God produces a transformation in those who receive the new life which Jesus Christ offers. When we yield to Jesus Christ, our lives are transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. Paul the Apostle says, "we have this treasure in earthen vessels, to show that the transcendent power belongs to God and not to us" (2 Corinthians 4:7). Do you believe in the transforming power of the Holy Spirit?

10. daleron

Psalm 13:3-6

3 Consider and answer me, O LORD my God; lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
    4 lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him"; lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
    5 But I have trusted in thy steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
    6 I will sing to the LORD, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

11. daleron

Psalm 109: 21-22, 26-27,10

21 But you, O GOD my Lord, deal on my behalf for your name's sake; because your steadfast love is good, deliver me!
    22 For I am poor and needy, and my heart is stricken within me.
    26 Help me, O LORD my God! Save me according to your steadfast love!
    27 Let them know that this is your hand; you, O LORD, have done it!
    30 With my mouth I will give great thanks to the LORD; I will praise him in the midst of the throng.
    31 For he stands at the right hand of the needy, to save him from those who condemn him to death.

12. daleron

They Were Watching Jesus
    FRIDAY 29 OCTOBER 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    GOSPEL READING: Luke 14:1-6

1 One Sabbath when he went to dine at the house of a ruler who belonged to the Pharisees, they were watching him. 2 And behold, there was a man before him who had dropsy. 3 And Jesus spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath, or not?" 4 But they were silent. Then he took him and healed him, and let him go. 5 And he said to them, "Which of you, having a son or an ox that has fallen into a well, will not immediately pull him out on a Sabbath day?" 6 And they could not reply to this.

13. daleron

Every One Who Exalts Himself Will Be Humbled
    SATURDAY 30 OCTOBER 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    GOSPEL READING: Luke 14:1, 7-11

1 One sabbath when he went to dine at the house of a ruler who belonged to the Pharisees, they were watching him. 7 Now he told a parable to those who were invited, when he marked how they chose the places of honor, saying to them, 8 "When you are invited by any one to a marriage feast, do not sit down in a place of honor, lest a more eminent man than you be invited by him; 9 and he who invited you both will come and say to you, `Give place to this man,' and then you will begin with shame to take the lowest place. 10 But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, `Friend, go up higher'; then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you. 11 For every one who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

14. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

How Do We Pray?

Pray then like this:
    ‘Our Father in heaven. . .’

Matthew 6:9

This prayer begins where all true prayer must start, with the spirit of adoption: “Our Father.” There is no acceptable prayer until we can say, “I will arise and go to my Father.”1 This childlike spirit soon perceives the grandeur of the Father “in heaven” and ascends to devout adoration, “hallowed be your name.” The child lisping, “Abba, Father” grows into the cherub crying, “Holy, holy, holy.” There is but a step from rapturous worship to the glowing missionary spirit, which is a sure expression of filial love and reverent adoration—“your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”

Next follows the heartfelt expression of dependence upon God—“Give us this day our daily bread.”

Being further illuminated by the Spirit, the one praying discovers that he is not only dependent but sinful; so he cries for mercy, “Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors”; and being pardoned, having the righteousness of Christ imputed, and knowing his acceptance with God, he humbly prays for holy perseverance, “Lead us not into temptation.” The man who is really forgiven is anxious not to offend again; the possession of justification leads to an anxious desire for sanctification. “Forgive us our debts”—that is justification; “Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil”—that is sanctification in its negative and positive forms.

As the result of all this, there follows a triumphant ascription of praise, “For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen.” We rejoice that our King reigns in providence and shall reign in grace, from the river even to the ends of the earth, and of His dominion there shall be no end. So from a sense of adoption, up to fellowship with our reigning Lord, this short model of prayer conducts the soul. Lord, teach us then to pray.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Luke 14:12-14

12 He said also to the man who had invited him, "When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your kinsmen or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return, and you be repaid. 13 But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just."

17. daleron

upload_2021-11-2_5-26-35.jpeg

18. daleron

The True Cost of Discipleship
    WEDNESDAY 3 NOVEMBER 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    GOSPEL READING: Luke 14:25-33

25 Now great multitudes accompanied him; and he turned and said to them, 26 "If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. 27 Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple. 28 For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? 29 Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, `This man began to build, and was not able to finish.' 31 Or what king, going to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and take counsel whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? 32 And if not, while the other is yet a great way off, he sends an embassy and asks terms of peace. 33 So therefore, whoever of you does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.

19. daleron

Psalm 27:1,4,13-14

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
    4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
    to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
    13 I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!
    14 Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the LORD!

20. daleron

Psalm 98:1-4

1 O sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have gotten him victory.
    2 The LORD has made known his victory, he has revealed his vindication in the sight of the nations.
    3 He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness to the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the victory of our God.
    4 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises!