1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Vaping Christians - Support, Inspiration, Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Apr 7, 2015.

1. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

GOSPEL READING: Luke 6:27-38

27 "But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. 29 To him who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from him who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt. 30 Give to every one who begs from you; and of him who takes away your goods do not ask them again. 31 And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them. 32 "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the selfish. 36 Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. 37 "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; 38 give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back."

2. daleron

Psalm 84:1-12

1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts!
    2 My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God.
    3 Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
    4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! [Selah]
    5 Blessed are the men whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion.
    6 As they go through the valley of Baca they make it a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools.
    7 They go from strength to strength; the God of gods will be seen in Zion.
    8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer; give ear, O God of Jacob! [Selah]
    9 Behold our shield, O God; look upon the face of your anointed!
    10 For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
    11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; he bestows favor and honor. No good thing does the LORD withhold from those who walk uprightly.
    12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in you!

3. daleron

A Life Built on a Solid Foundation
    SATURDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    FACEBOOKTWITTERCOPY LINKWHATSAPPSHARE
    GOSPEL READING: Luke 6:43-49

43 "For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit; 44 for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thorns, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush. 45 The good man out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil man out of his evil treasure produces evil; for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. 46 "Why do you call me `Lord, Lord,' and not do what I tell you? 47 Every one who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: 48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep, and laid the foundation upon rock; and when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house, and could not shake it, because it had been well built. 49 But he who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation; against which the stream broke, and immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great."

Meditation: Why does Jesus set figs and grapes over against thorns and brambles? The fig tree was the favorite of all trees for the people of Palestine. It symbolized fertility, peace, and prosperity. Grapes, likewise, produced wine, the symbol of joy. Thorns and brambles were only good for burning as fuel for the fire. There's a proverbial saying that you know a tree by its fruit. Likewise a person will produce good or bad fruit depending on what is sown in the heart. Charles Read said: "Sow an act and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny." Character, like fruit, doesn't grow overnight. It takes a lifetime.

4. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. daleron

Psalm 28:2,6-9

2 Hear the voice of my supplication, as I cry to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your most holy sanctuary.
    6 Blessed be the LORD! for he has heard the voice of my supplications.
    7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
    8 The LORD is the strength of his people, he is the saving refuge of his anointed.
    9 O save your people, and bless your heritage; be their shepherd, and carry them for ever.

6. daleron

Psalm 101:1-6

1 I will sing of loyalty and of justice; to you, O LORD, I will sing.
    2 I will give heed to the way that is blameless. Oh when will you come to me? I will walk with integrity of heart within my house;
    3 I will not set before my eyes anything that is base. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cleave to me.
    4 Perverseness of heart shall be far from me; I will know nothing of evil.
    5 Him who slanders his neighbor secretly I will destroy. The man of haughty looks and arrogant heart I will not endure.
    6 I will look with favor on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me; he who walks in the way that is blameless shall minister to me.

7. daleron

upload_2021-9-15_7-5-23.jpeg

8. daleron

Psalm 32:1-2,5,7,11

1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
    2 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD imputes no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
    5 I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not hide my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"; then you forgave the guilt of my sin.
    7 You are a hiding place for me, you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with deliverance.
    11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

9. daleron

4EE10149-580B-4ED1-8AB0-3EA0682F5B82.jpeg

10. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

11. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Luke 8:16-18

16 "No one after lighting a lamp covers it with a vessel, or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a stand, that those who enter may see the light. 17 For nothing is hid that shall not be made manifest, nor anything secret that shall not be known and come to light. 18 Take heed then how you hear; for to him who has will more be given, and from him who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away."

13. daleron

Psalm 122:1-5

1 I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD!"
    2 Our feet have been standing within your gates, O Jerusalem!
    3 Jerusalem, built as a city which is bound firmly together,
    4 to which the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, as was decreed for Israel, to give thanks to the name of the LORD.
    5 There thrones for judgment were set, the thrones of the house of David.

14. daleron

Psalm 119:29, 72, 89, 101, 104, 163

29 Put false ways far from me; and graciously teach me thy law!
    72 The law of thy mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.
    89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is firmly fixed in the heavens.
    101 I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep thy word.
    104 Through thy precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.
    163 I hate and abhor falsehood, but I love thy law.

15. daleron

Psalm 149:1-6a,9b

1 Praise the LORD! Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of the faithful!
    2 Let Israel be glad in his Maker, let the sons of Zion rejoice in their King!
    3 Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with timbrel and lyre!
    4 For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with victory.
    5 Let the faithful exult in glory; let them sing for joy on their couches.
    6a Let the high praises of God be in their throats.
    9b This is glory for all his faithful ones. Praise the LORD!

16. daleron

Who Do You Say That Jesus Is?
    FRIDAY 24 SEPTEMBER 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    FACEBOOKTWITTERCOPY LINKWHATSAPPSHARE
    GOSPEL READING: Luke 9:18-22

18 Now it happened that as he was praying alone the disciples were with him; and he asked them, "Who do the people say that I am?" 19 And they answered, "John the Baptist; but others say, Elijah; and others, that one of the old prophets has risen." 20 And he said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" And Peter answered, "The Christ of God." 21 But he charged and commanded them to tell this to no one, 22 saying, "The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised."

Meditation: Who is Jesus for you - and what difference does he make in your life? Many in Israel recognized Jesus as a mighty man of God, even comparing him with the greatest of the prophets. Peter, always quick to respond whenever Jesus spoke, professed that Jesus was truly the "Christ of God" - "the Son of the living God" (Matthew 16:16). No mortal being could have revealed this to Peter, but only God. Through the "eyes of faith" Peter discovered who Jesus truly was. Peter recognized that Jesus was much more than a great teacher, prophet, and miracle worker. Peter was the first apostle to publicly declare that Jesus was the Anointed One, consecrated by the Father and sent into the world to redeem a fallen human race enslaved to sin and cut off from eternal life with God (Luke 9:20, Acts 2:14-36). The word for "Christ" in Greek is a translation of the Hebrew word for "Messiah" - both words literally mean the Anointed One.

Jesus begins to explain the mission he was sent to accomplish
    Why did Jesus command his disciples to be silent about his identity as the anointed Son of God? They were, after all, appointed to proclaim the good news to everyone. Jesus knew that they did not yet fully understand his mission and how he would accomplish it. Cyril of Alexandria (376-444 AD), an early church father, explains the reason for this silence:

There were things yet unfulfilled which must also be included in their preaching about him. They must also proclaim the cross, the passion, and the death in the flesh. They must preach the resurrection of the dead, that great and truly glorious sign by which testimony is borne him that the Emmanuel is truly God and by nature the Son of God the Father. He utterly abolished death and wiped out destruction. He robbed hell, and overthrew the tyranny of the enemy. He took away the sin of the world, opened the gates above to the dwellers upon earth, and united earth to heaven. These things proved him to be, as I said, in truth God. He commanded them, therefore, to guard the mystery by a seasonable silence until the whole plan of the dispensation should arrive at a suitable conclusion. (Commentary on Luke, Homily 49)

God's Anointed Son must suffer and die to atone for our sins
    Jesus told his disciples that it was necessary for the Messiah to suffer and die in order that God's work of redemption might be accomplished. How startled the disciples were when they heard this word. How different are God's thoughts and ways from our thoughts and ways (Isaiah 55:8). It was through humiliation, suffering, and death on the cross that Jesus broke the powers of sin and death and won for us eternal life and freedom from the slavery of sin and from the oppression of our enemy, Satan, the father of lies and the deceiver of humankind.

We, too, have a share in the mission and victory of Jesus Christ
    If we want to share in the victory of the Lord Jesus, then we must also take up our cross and follow where he leads us. What is the "cross" that you and I must take up each day? When my will crosses (does not align) with God's will, then his will must be done. To know Jesus Christ is to know the power of his victory on the cross where he defeated sin and conquered death through his resurrection. The Holy Spirit gives each of us the gifts and strength we need to live as sons and daughters of God. The Holy Spirit gives us faith to know the Lord Jesus personally as our Redeemer, and the power to live the Gospel faithfully, and the courage to witness to others the joy, truth, and freedom of the Gospel. Who do you say that Jesus is?

17. daleron

Psalm 90:3-6,12-14,17

3 You turn man back to the dust, and say, "Turn back, O children of men!"
    4 For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.
    5 You sweep men away; they are like a dream, like grass which is renewed in the morning:
    6 in the morning it flourishes and is renewed; in the evening it fades and withers.
    12 So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.
    13 Return, O LORD! How long? Have pity on your servants!
    14 Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
    17 Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us, yes, the work of our hands establish it.

18. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  19. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Luke 9:46-50

46 And an argument arose among them as to which of them was the greatest. 47 But when Jesus perceived the thought of their hearts, he took a child and put him by his side, 48 and said to them, "Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me; for he who is least among you all is the one who is great." 49 John answered, "Master, we saw a man casting out demons in your name, and we forbade him, because he does not follow with us." 50 But Jesus said to him, "Do not forbid him; for he that is not against you is for you."

20. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Luke 9:51-56

51 When the days drew near for him to be received up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem. 52 And he sent messengers ahead of him, who went and entered a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him; 53 but the people would not receive him, because his face was set toward Jerusalem. 54 And when his disciples James and John saw it, they said, "Lord, do you want us to bid fire come down from heaven and consume them?" 55 But he turned and rebuked them. 56 And they went on to another village.