1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Vaping Christians - Support, Inspiration, Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Apr 7, 2015.

1. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Prayers for the family of Reddhott, she was a beloved of many .

upload_2021-8-20_6-28-56.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  2. daleron

Whoever Humbles Oneself Will Be Exalted
    SATURDAY 21 AUGUST 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    FACEBOOKTWITTERCOPY LINKWHATSAPPSHARE
    GOSPEL READING: Matthew 23:1-12

1 Then said Jesus to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 "The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; 3 so practice and observe whatever they tell you, but not what they do; for they preach, but do not practice. 4 They bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with their finger. 5 They do all their deeds to be seen by men; for they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, 6 and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues, 7 and salutations in the market places, and being called rabbi by men. 8 But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. 9 And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10 Neither be called masters, for you have one master, the Christ. 11 He who is greatest among you shall be your servant; 12 whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Meditation: Who doesn't desire the praise and respect of others? We want others to see us at our best with all of our strengths and achievements - rather than at our worst with all of our faults and shortcomings. God sees us as we truly are - sinners and beggars always in need of his mercy, help, and guidance. Jesus warned the scribes and Pharisees, the teachers and rulers of Israel, to teach and serve their people with humility and sincerity rather than with pride and self-promotion. They went to great lengths to draw attention to their religious status and practices. In a way they wanted to be good models of observant Jews. "See how well we observe all the ritual rules and regulations of our religion!" In their misguided zeal for religion they sought recognition and honor for themselves rather than for God. They made the practice of their faith a burden rather than a joy for the people they were supposed to serve.

True respect for God inclines us to humble ourselves and to submit to his wisdom and guidance. We cannot be taught by God unless we first learn to listen to his word and then obey his instruction.

3. daleron

upload_2021-8-22_6-8-34.jpeg

Psalm 34:2-3,17-19,22

2 My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and be glad.
    3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!
    17 When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.
    18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit.
    19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the LORD delivers him out of them all.
    22 The LORD redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

4. daleron

Psalm 149:1-6,9

1 Praise the LORD! Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of the faithful!
    2 Let Israel be glad in his Maker, let the sons of Zion rejoice in their King!
    3 Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with timbrel and lyre!
    4 For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with victory.
    5 Let the faithful exult in glory; let them sing for joy on their couches.
    6 Let the high praises of God be in their throats
    9b This is glory for all his faithful ones. Praise the LORD!

5. daleron

Psalm 139:1-6

1 O LORD, you have searched me and known me!
    2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.
    3 You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.
    4 Even before a word is on my tongue, lo, O LORD, you know it altogether.
    5 You beset me behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.
    6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it.

6. daleron

Psalm 139:1-3,7-12

1 O LORD, you have searched me and known me!
    2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.
    3 You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.
    7 Whither shall I go from your Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from your presence?
    8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
    9 If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
    10 even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.
    11 If I say, "Let only darkness cover me, and the light about me be night,"
    12 even the darkness is not dark to you, the night is bright as the day; for darkness is as light with you.

7. daleron

Are You Ready to Meet the Lord?

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 24:42-51

42 Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect. 45 "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master when he comes will find so doing. 47 Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. 48 But if that wicked servant says to himself, `My master is delayed,' 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and eats and drinks with the drunken, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, 51 and will punish him, and put him with the hypocrites; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.

8. daleron

Psalm 78:1-7

1 Give ear, O my people, to my teaching; incline your ears to the words of my mouth!
    2 I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings from of old,
    3 things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us.
    4 We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders which he has wrought.
    5 He established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers to teach to their children;
    6 that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children,
    7 so that they should set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments;

9. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 25:14-30

14 "For it will be as when a man going on a journey called his servants and entrusted to them his property; 15 to one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them; and he made five talents more. 17 So also, he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, `Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.' 21 His master said to him, `Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a little, I will set you over much; enter into the joy of your master.' 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, `Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.' 23 His master said to him, `Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a little, I will set you over much; enter into the joy of your master.'

24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, `Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you did not winnow; 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.' 26 But his master answered him, `You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sowed, and gather where I have not winnowed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to every one who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.'

10. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. daleron

Psalm 96:1-5,11-13

1 O sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth!
    2 Sing to the LORD, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day.
    3 Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!
    4 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; he is to be feared above all gods.
    5 For all the gods of the peoples are idols; but the LORD made the heavens.
    11 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
    12 let the field exult, and everything in it! Then shall all the trees of the wood sing for joy
    13 before the LORD, for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with his truth.

12. daleron

Psalm 27:1,4,13-14

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
    4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
    13 I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!
    14 Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the LORD!

13. daleron

He Laid His Hands on Every One and Healed Them
    WEDNESDAY 1 SEPTEMBER 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:

GOSPEL READING: Luke 4:38-44

38 And he arose and left the synagogue, and entered Simon's house. Now Simon's mother-in-law was ill with a high fever, and they asked him about her. 39 And he stood over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her; and immediately she rose and served them. 40 Now when the sun was setting, all those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to him; and he laid his hands on every one of them and healed them. 41 And demons also came out of many, crying, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them, and would not allow them to speak, because they knew that he was the Christ. 42 And when it was day he departed and went into a lonely place. And the people sought him and came to him, and would have kept him from leaving them; 43 but he said to them, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." 44 And he was preaching in the synagogues of Judea.

Meditation: Who do you take your troubles to? Jesus' disciples freely brought their troubles to him because they found him ready and able to deal with any difficulty, affliction, or sickness which they encountered. When Simon Peter brought Jesus to his home for the Sabbath meal (right after Jesus preached in the synagogue in Capernaum), his mother-in-law was instantly healed because Jesus heard Simon's prayer. Jesus could not avoid drawing a crowd wherever he went.

Jesus wants to set us free today
    No one who asked Jesus for help was left disappointed. Jesus' numerous healings and exorcisms demonstrated the power and authority of his word, the "good news of the kingdom of God." When he rebuked the fever, it immediately left. When he rebuked the demons, they left as well. Why did the demons shudder at Jesus' presence? They recognized that he was the Christ, the Son of God and that he had power to destroy their kingdom by releasing those bound by it. Jesus came to set us free from bondage to sin and evil. Do you seek freedom in Christ and trust in his power to set you free?

When Jesus and the disciples sought a lonely place to regroup and rest, they found instead a crowd waiting for them! Did they resent this intrusion on their hard-earned need for privacy and refreshment? Jesus certainly didn't but welcomed them with open-arms. Jesus put human need ahead of everything else. His compassion showed the depths of God's love and concern for all who are truly needy. Jesus gave the people the word of God and he healed them physically as well as spiritually.

Jesus never tires of hearing and answering our pleas
    We can never intrude upon God nor exhaust his generosity and kindness. He is ever ready to give to those who earnestly seek him out. Do you allow Jesus to be the Lord and Healer in your personal life, family, and community? Approach him with expectant faith. God's healing power restores us not only to health but to active service and care of others. There is no trouble he does not want to help us with and there is no bondage he can't set us free from. Do you take your troubles to him with expectant faith that he will help you?

14. daleron

Psalm 98:2-6

2 The LORD has made known his victory, he has revealed his vindication in the sight of the nations.
    3 He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness to the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the victory of our God.
    4 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises!
    5 Sing praises to the LORD with the lyre, with the lyre and the sound of melody!
    6 With trumpets and the sound of the horn make a joyful noise before the King, the LORD!

15. daleron

upload_2021-9-3_7-45-7.jpeg

16. daleron

The Son of Man Is Lord of the Sabbath
    SATURDAY 4 SEPTEMBER 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    FACEBOOKTWITTERCOPY LINKWHATSAPPSHARE
    GOSPEL READING: Luke 6:1-5

1 On a Sabbath, while he was going through the grain fields, his disciples plucked and ate some heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands. 2 But some of the Pharisees said, "Why are you doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?" 3 And Jesus answered, "Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: 4 how he entered the house of God, and took and ate the bread of the Presence, which it is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those with him?" 5 And he said to them, "The Son of man is lord of the Sabbath."

Meditation: What does the commandment "keep holy the Sabbath" require of us? Or better yet, what is the primary intention behind this command? The religious leaders confronted Jesus on this issue. The "Sabbath rest" was meant to be a time to remember and celebrate God's goodness and the goodness of his work, both in creation and redemption. It was a day set apart for the praise of God, his work of creation, and his saving actions on our behalf. It was intended to bring everyday work to a halt and to provide needed rest and refreshment.

The Lord of the Sabbath feeds and nourishes us
    Jesus' disciples are scolded by the scribes and Pharisees, not for plucking and eating corn from the fields, but for doing so on the Sabbath. In defending his disciples, Jesus argues from the Scriptures that human need has precedence over ritual custom. In their hunger, David and his men ate of the holy bread offered in the Temple (1 Samuel 21:2-7). On every Sabbath morning twelves loaves were laid before God on a golden table in the Holy Place. Each loaf represented one of the twelve tribes of Israel. No one was allowed to eat this bread except the priests because it represented the very presence of God. David understood that human need took precedence over rules and ritual regulations.

Seek the Lord's rest and refreshment
    Why didn't the Pharisees recognize the claims of mercy over rules and regulations? Their zeal for ritual observance blinded them from the demands of charity. Jesus' reference to the bread of the Presence alludes to the true bread from heaven which he offers to all who believe in him. Jesus, the Son of David, and the Son of Man, a title for the Messiah, declares that he is "Lord of the Sabbath." Jesus healed on the Sabbath and he showed mercy to those in need. All who are burdened can find true rest and refreshment in him. Do you seek rest and refreshment in the Lord and in the celebration of the Lord's Day?

17. daleron

18. daleron

Psalm 62:6-9

6 He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
    7 On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
    8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. [Selah]
    9 Men of low estate are but a breath, men of high estate are a delusion; in the balances they go up; they are together lighter than a breath.

19. daleron

Psalm 19:1-5

1 The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.
    2 Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge.
    3 There is no speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard;
    4 yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun,
    5 which comes forth like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and like a strong man runs its course with joy.

20. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Luke 6:20-26

20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said: "Blessed are you poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 "Blessed are you that hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. "Blessed are you that weep now, for you shall laugh. 22 "Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, on account of the Son of man! 23 Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets. 24 "But woe to you that are rich, for you have received your consolation. 25 "Woe to you that are full now, for you shall hunger. "Woe to you that laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep. 26 "Woe to you, when all men speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets.