1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Vaping Christians - Support, Inspiration, Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Apr 7, 2015.

1. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Psalm 81:1-5, 9-10a

1 Sing aloud to God our strength; shout for joy to the God of Jacob!
    2 Raise a song, sound the timbrel, the sweet lyre with the harp.
    3 Blow the trumpet at the new moon, at the full moon, on our feast day.
    4 For it is a statute for Israel, an ordinance of the God of Jacob.
    5 He made it a decree in Joseph, when he went out over the land of Egypt.
    9 There shall be no strange god among you; you shall not bow down to a foreign god.
    10 I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt.

2. daleron

Psalm 67:1-7

1 May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, [Selah]
    2 that your way may be known upon earth, your saving power among all nations.
    3 Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you!
    4 Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you judge the peoples with equity and guide the nations upon earth. [Selah]
    5 Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you!
    6 The earth has yielded its increase; God, our God, has blessed us.
    7 God has blessed us; let all the ends of the earth fear him!

3. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. daleron

Psalm 145:8-9,15-18

8 The LORD is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
    9 The LORD is good to all, and his compassion is over all that he has made.
    15 The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season.
    16 You open your hand, you satisfy the desire of every living thing.
    17 The LORD is just in all his ways, and kind in all his doings.
    18 The LORD is near to all who call upon him, to all who call upon him in truth.

5. daleron

It Is I - Have No Fear
    TUESDAY 3 AUGUST 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    FACEBOOKTWITTERCOPY LINKWHATSAPPSHARE
    GOSPEL READING: Matthew 14:22-36

22 Then he made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds. 23 And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, 24 but the boat by this time was many furlongs distant from the land, beaten by the waves; for the wind was against them. 25 And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. 26 But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, saying, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear. 27 But immediately he spoke to them, saying, "Take heart, it is I; have no fear." 28 And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, bid me come to you on the water." 29 He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus; 30 but when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." 31 Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him, "O man of little faith, why did you doubt?" 32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. 33 And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God." 34 And when they had crossed over, they came to land at Gennesaret. 35 And when the men of that place recognized him, they sent round to all that region and brought to him all that were sick, 36 and besought him that they might only touch the fringe of his garment; and as many as touched it were made well.

Meditation: Does the Lord Jesus seem distant when trials or adversity come your way? It was at Jesus' initiative that the disciples sailed across the lake, only to find themselves in a life-threatening storm. Although they were experienced fishermen, they feared for their lives. While Jesus was not with them in the boat, he, nonetheless watched for them in prayer. When he perceived their trouble he came to them on the sea and startled them with his sudden appearance. Do you look for the Lord's presence when you encounter difficulty or challenges?

Fight fear with faith
    This dramatic incident on the sea of Galilee revealed Peter's character more fully than others. Here we see Peter's impulsiveness - his tendency to act without thinking of what he was doing. He often failed and came to grief as a result of his impulsiveness. In contrast, Jesus always bade his disciples to see how difficult it was to follow him before they set out on the way he taught them. A great deal of failure in the Christian life is due to acting on impulse and emotional fervor without counting the cost. Peter, fortunately in the moment of his failure clutched at Jesus and held him firmly. Every time Peter fell, he rose again. His failures only made him love the Lord more deeply and trust him more intently.

The Lord keeps watch over us at all times, and especially in our moments of temptation and difficulty. Do you rely on the Lord for his strength and help? Jesus assures us that we have no need of fear if we trust in Him and in his great love for us. When calamities or trials threaten to overwhelm you, how do you respond? With faith and hope in God's love, care and presence with you?

6. daleron

Psalm 67:1-7

1 May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, [Selah]
    2 that your way may be known upon earth, your saving power among all nations.
    3 Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you!
    4 Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you judge the peoples with equity and guide the nations upon earth. [Selah]
    5 Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you!
    6 The earth has yielded its increase; God, our God, has blessed us.
    7 God has blessed us; let all the ends of the earth fear him!

7. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 16:13-19

13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do men say that the Son of man is?" 14 And they said, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." 15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"16 Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon BarJona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

8. daleron

Whoever Loses His Life for My Sake Will Find It
    FRIDAY 6 AUGUST 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:
    FACEBOOKTWITTERCOPY LINKWHATSAPPSHARE
    Alternate reading: Matthew 17:1-9

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 16:24-28

24 Then Jesus told his disciples, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life? 27 For the Son of man is to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay every man for what he has done. 28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

Meditation: What is the most important investment you can make with your life? Jesus poses some probing questions to challenge our assumptions about what is most profitable and worthwhile. In every decision of life we are making ourselves a certain kind of person. The kind of person we are, our character, determines to a large extent the kind of future we will face and live. It is possible that some can gain all the things they set their heart on, only to wake up suddenly and discover that they missed the most important things of all. Of what value are material things if they don't help you gain what truly lasts in eternity. Neither money nor possessions can buy heaven, mend a broken heart, or cheer a lonely person.

The great exchange - my life for His Life
    Jesus asks the question: What will a person give in exchange for his or her life? Everything we have is an out-right gift from God. We owe him everything, including our very lives. It's possible to give God our money, but not ourselves, or to give him lip-service, but not our hearts. A true disciple gladly gives up all that he or she has in exchange for an unending life of joy and happiness with God. God gives without measure. The joy he offers no sadness or loss can diminish.

Psalm 77:11-15,20

11 I will call to mind the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your wonders of old.
    12 I will meditate on all your works, and muse on your mighty deeds.
    13 Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God?
    14 You are the God who works wonders, who has manifested your might among the peoples.
    15 You did with your arm redeem your people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. [Selah]
    20 You led thy people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

9. daleron

Psalm 98:1-3, 8-9

1 O sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have gotten him victory.
    2 The LORD has made known his victory, he has revealed his vindication in the sight of the nations.
    3 He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness to the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the victory of our God!
    8 Let the floods clap their hands; let the hills sing for joy together
    9 before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with equity.

10. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. daleron

Psalm 148:1-2,11-12,14

1 Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens, praise him in the heights!
    2 Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his host!
    11 Kings of the earth and all peoples, princes and all rulers of the earth!
    12 Young men and maidens together, old men and children!
    14 He has raised up a horn for his people, praise for all his saints, for the people of Israel who are near to him. Praise the LORD!

12. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 18:1-5, 10, 12-14

1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them, 3 and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me; 10 "See that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that in heaven their angels always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven.12 What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray? 13 And if he finds it, truly, I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine that never went astray. 14 So it is not the will of my Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

13. daleron

Psalm 66:1-5, 8, 16-17

1 Make a joyful noise to God, all the earth;
    2 sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise!
    3 Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you.
    4 All the earth worships you; they sing praises to you, sing praises to your name." [Selah]
    5 Come and see what God has done: he is awesome in his deeds among men.
    8 Bless our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard
    16 Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for me.
    17 I cried aloud to him, and he was extolled with my tongue.

14. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 18:21-19:1

21 Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" 22 Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.23 "Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants. 24 When he began the reckoning, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents; 25 and as he could not pay, his lord ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26 So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, `Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.' 27 And out of pity for him the lord of that servant released him and forgave him the debt.

28 But that same servant, as he went out, came upon one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and seizing him by the throat he said, `Pay what you owe.' 29 So his fellow servant fell down and besought him, `Have patience with me, and I will pay you.' 30 He refused and went and put him in prison till he should pay the debt. 31 When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their lord all that had taken place. 32 Then his lord summoned him and said to him, `You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you besought me; 33 and should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?' 34 And in anger his lord delivered him to the jailers, till he should pay all his debt. 35 So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart." 19:1 Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from Galilee and entered the region of Judea beyond the Jordan.

15. daleron

Psalm 136:1-3,16-18,21-22,24

1 O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures for ever.
    2 O give thanks to the God of Gods, for his steadfast love endures for ever.
    3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    16 to him who led his people through the wilderness, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    17 to him who smote great kings, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    18 and slew famous kings, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    21 and gave their land as a heritage, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    22 a heritage to Israel his servant, for his steadfast love endures for ever.
    24 and rescued us from our foes, for his steadfast love endures for ever

16. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. daleron

Psalm 34:1-8a

1 I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
    2 My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and be glad.
    3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!
    4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.
    5 Look to him, and be radiant; so your faces shall never be ashamed.
    6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
    7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.
    8 O taste and see that the LORD is good!

18. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 19:23-30

23 And Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 25 When the disciples heard this they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?" 26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." 27 Then Peter said in reply, "Behold, we have left everything and followed you. What then shall we have?" 28 Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of man shall sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life. 30 But many that are first will be last, and the last first

19. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 20:1-16

1 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 After agreeing with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3 And going out about the third hour he saw others standing idle in the market place; 4 and to them he said, `You go into the vineyard too, and whatever is right I will give you.' So they went. 5 Going out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour, he did the same. 6 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing; and he said to them, `Why do you stand here idle all day?' 7 They said to him, `Because no one has hired us.' He said to them, `You go into the vineyard too.' 8 And when evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his steward, `Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last, up to the first.' 9 And when those hired about the eleventh hour came, each of them received a denarius.

10 Now when the first came, they thought they would receive more; but each of them also received a denarius. 11 And on receiving it they grumbled at the householder, 12 saying, `These last worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat.' 13 But he replied to one of them, `Friend, I am doing you no wrong; did you not agree with me for a denarius? 14 Take what belongs to you, and go; I choose to give to this last as I give to you. 15 Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity?' 16 So the last will be first, and the first last."
    God is generous and gives us work for his kingdom
    God is generous in opening the doors of his kingdom to all who will enter, both those who have labored a life-time for him and those who come at the last hour. While the reward is the same, the motive for one's labor can make all the difference. Some work only for reward. They will only put in as much effort as they think they will get back. Others labor out of love and joy for the opportunity to work and to serve others. The Lord Jesus calls each one of us to serve God and his kingdom with joy and zeal and to serve our neighbor with a generous spirit as well.​

20. daleron

Psalm 40:1,4,6-9

4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after false gods!
    6 Sacrifice and offering you do not desire; but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required.
    7 Then I said, "Behold, I come; in the roll of the book it is written of me;
    8 I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."
    9 I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; behold, I have not restrained my lips, as you know, O LORD.