1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Vaping Christians - Support, Inspiration, Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Apr 7, 2015.

1. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Psalm 124:1-8

1 If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, let Israel now say --
    2 if it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us,
    3 then they would have swallowed us up alive, when their anger was kindled against us;
    4 then the flood would have swept us away, the torrent would have gone over us;
    5 then over us would have gone the raging waters. 6 Blessed be the LORD, who has not given us as prey to their teeth!
    7 We have escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped!
    8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

2. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Sorry I've been MIA over here :oops:

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  3. daleron

Will You Be Exalted to Heaven?
    TUESDAY 13 JULY 2021 / DON SCHWAGER /
    GOSPEL READING: Matthew 11:20-24

20 Then he began to upbraid the cities where most of his mighty works had been done, because they did not repent. 21 "Woe to you, Chorazin! woe to you, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I tell you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you. 23 And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You shall be brought down to Hades. For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I tell you that it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom than for you."

Meditation: If Jesus were to visit your community today, what would he say? Would he issue a warning like the one he gave to Chorazin and Bethsaida? And how would you respond? Wherever Jesus went he did mighty works to show the people how much God had for them. Chorazin and Bethsaida had been blessed with the visitation of God. They heard the good news and experienced the wonderful works which Jesus did for them. Why was Jesus upset with these communities? The word woe can mean misfortune, calamity, distress, sorrow, sadness, misery, grief, or wretchedness. It is as much an expression of sorrowful pity and grief as it is of dismay over the calamity and destruction which comes as a result of human folly, sin, and ignorance.

Why does Jesus lament and issue a stern warning? The people who heard the Gospel here very likely responded with indifference. Jesus upbraids them for doing nothing! Repentance demands change - a change of heart and way of life. God's word is life-giving and it saves us from destruction - the destruction of heart, mind, and soul as well as body. Jesus' anger is directed toward sin and everything which hinders us from doing the will of God. In love he calls us to walk in his way of truth and freedom, grace and mercy, justice and holiness. Do you receive his word with faith and obedience or with doubt and indifference?

4. daleron

Aw it’s hard to remember everything ;)

5. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 11:25-27

25 At that time Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to infants; 26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. 27 All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

Psalm 103:1-8

1 Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
    2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
    3 who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
    4 who redeems your life from the Pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
    5 who satisfies you with good as long as you live so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
    6 The LORD works vindication and justice for all who are oppressed.
    7 He made known his ways to Moses, his acts to the people of Israel.
    8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

6. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

7. daleron

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 12:1-8

1 At that time Jesus went through the grain fields on the Sabbath; his disciples were hungry, and they began to pluck heads of grain and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said to him, "Look, your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath." 3 He said to them, "Have you not read what David did, when he was hungry, and those who were with him: 4 how he entered the house of God and ate the bread of the Presence, which it was not lawful for him to eat nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have you not read in the law how on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are guiltless? 6 I tell you, something greater than the temple is here. 7 And if you had known what this means, `I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of man is lord of the Sabbath."

Psalm 116:12-19

12 What shall I render to the LORD for all his bounty to me?
    13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD,
    14 I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people.
    15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
    16 O LORD, I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your handmaid. You have loosed my bonds.
    17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the LORD.
    18 I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people,
    19 in the courts of the house of the LORD, in your midst, O Jerusalem.

8. daleron

Psalm 136:1,10-15,23-24

1 O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures for ever.
    10 to him who smote the first-born of Egypt, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    11 and brought Israel out from among them, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    12 with a strong hand and an outstretched arm, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    13 to him who divided the Red Sea in sunder, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    14 and made Israel pass through the midst of it, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    15 but overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red Sea, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    23 It is he who remembered us in our low estate, for his steadfast love endures for ever;
    24 and rescued us from our foes, for his steadfast love endures for ever;

9. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. daleron

Psalm 50: 5-9, 16-17, 21-23

5 "Gather to me my faithful ones, who made a covenant with me by sacrifice!"
    6 The heavens declare his righteousness, for God himself is judge! [Selah]
    7 "Hear, O my people, and I will speak, O Israel, I will testify against you. I am God, your God.
    8 I do not reprove you for your sacrifices; your burnt offerings are continually before me.
    9 I will accept no bull from your house, nor he-goat from your folds.
    15 and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me."
    16 But to the wicked God says: "What right have you to recite my statutes, or take my covenant on your lips?
    17 For you hate discipline, and you cast my words behind you.
    21 These things you have done and I have been silent; you thought that I was one like yourself. But now I rebuke you, and lay the charge before you.
    22 "Mark this, then, you who forget God, lest I rend, and there be none to deliver!
    23 He who brings thanksgiving as his sacrifice honors me; to him who orders his way aright I will show the salvation of God!"

11. daleron

Who Are My Brothers and Sisters?
    TUESDAY 20 JULY 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE:

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 12:46-50

46 While he was still speaking to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him. 48 But he replied to the man who told him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" 49 And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, and sister, and mother."

Meditation: Who do you love and cherish the most? God did not intend for us to be alone, but to be with others. He gives us many opportunities for developing relationships with family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers. Why does Jesus seem to ignore his own relatives when they pressed to see him? His love and respect for his mother and his relatives is unquestionable. Jesus never lost an opportunity to teach his disciples a spiritual lesson and truth about the kingdom of God. On this occasion when many gathered to hear Jesus he pointed to another higher reality of relationships, namely our relationship with God and with those who belong to God.

God offers the greatest of relationships
    What is the essence of being a Christian? It is certainly more than doctrine, precepts, and commandments. It is first and foremost a relationship - a relationship of trust, affection, commitment, loyalty, faithfulness, kindness, thoughtfulness, compassion, mercy, helpfulness, encouragement, support, strength, protection, and so many other qualities that bind people together in mutual love and unity. God offers us the greatest of relationships - union of heart, mind, and spirit with himself, the very author and source of love (1 John 4:8,16).

God's love never fails, never forgets, never compromises, never lies, never lets us down nor disappoints us. His love is consistent, unwavering, unconditional, unrelenting and unstoppable. There is no end to his love. Nothing in this world can make him leave us, ignore us, or withhold from us his merciful love and care (Romans 8:31-39). He will love us no matter what. It is his nature to love. That is why he created us - to be united with him and to share in his love (1 John 3:1).

12. daleron

Psalm 71:1-6,15,17

1 In you, O LORD, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame!
    2 In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me; incline your ear to me, and save me!
    3 Be to me a rock of refuge, a strong fortress, to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.
    4 Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of the unjust and cruel man.
    5 For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O LORD, from my youth.
    6 Upon you I have leaned from my birth; you are he who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of you.
    15 My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge.
    17 O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.

13. daleron

Psalm 36:5-10

5 Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.
    6 Your righteousness is like the mountains of God, your judgments are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O LORD.
    7 How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
    8 They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
    9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.
    10 O continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your salvation to the upright of heart!

14. daleron

Whoever Hears the Word and Understands It
    FRIDAY 23 JULY 2021 / DON SCHWAGER / PRINT / SHARE
    GOSPEL READING: Matthew 13:18-23

18 "Hear then the parable of the sower. 19 When any one hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what is sown in his heart; this is what was sown along the path. 20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away. 22 As for what was sown among thorns, this is he who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the delight in riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. 23 As for what was sown on good soil, this is he who hears the word and understands it; he indeed bears fruit, and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty."

Meditation: How good are you at listening, especially for the word of God? God is ever ready to speak to each of us and to give us understanding of his word. This parable of Jesus is a warning to those who hear and who preach the word of God. What makes us ineffective and unresponsive to God's word? Preoccupation with other things can distract us from what is truly important and worthwhile. And letting our hearts and minds be consumed with material things can easily weigh us down and draw us away from the treasure that lasts for eternity.

Allowing God's word to take root in our heart
    God's word can only take root in a receptive heart which is docile and ready to hear what God has to say. One lesson is clear: the harvest is sure.While some seed will fall by the wayside and some fall on shallow ground and never come to maturity, and some be choked to death by the thorns; nonetheless a harvest will come. The seed that falls on good soil, on the heart that is receptive, will reap abundant fruit. Are you teachable and eager to learn God's truth? And do you allow anything to keep you from submitting to God's word with joy and trusting obedience?