1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Sub Ohming..... So what is so great?

Discussion in 'Clearomizers, Tanks and eGo Style Devices' started by SteveS45, Jul 20, 2016.

1. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Yup. Is getting kinda late.
    Sleep tight and we'll pick it up tomorrow.
    Might even try posting a couple short videos as examples

2. dubya

dubya Blissfully bewildered billet box blip

Hi Steve, couple of my observations/opinions. I agree with Ghost about the Atlantis setting. 40/45 watts with .3 coil should be a good vape, and no where near hot. I like to run mine closer to 60 watts, but maybe I am ok with warmer, that's all subjective.

On the dlh/mtl thing, I look at it this way, when you take a mouth to lung hit, you draw the vapor into your mouth, then store it there, then inhale it into your lungs. With a direct lung hit, you just inhale, with much more air flow, and vapor goes directly to your lugs. So on both accounts, of course it always touches your lips and mouth, but direct is never STORED, therefore making it directly to your lungs. Hope that makes sense and helps.

I use mini Nautilus daily, and Atlantis frequently. You should see a difference in vapor production no matter what, but another big thing to consider is your pg/vg balance. If I run 50/50 juice in my Atlantis, yes, there is more vapor, but kind of hard to tell because it is not any thicker. More of it, but still spread out. Sub ohming and looking for clouds, very high vg is a must, imo.

3. DuckysVapeReviews

DuckysVapeReviews Seriously Committed

Try Atom gClapton coils. They are rated 25-45w but recommend 35w for usage. At 35w I am getting a tasty cool to very slightly warm vape. Clouds are pretty decent as well. I usually am only satisfied if I vape at over 100w if that tells ya anything. I got the Atlantis replacements that are 0.30 ohms in my Playboy Vixen right this second and loving it.

4. SteveS45

SteveS45 Blip, Blippit, Blip Blip.................

I have tried 2 different coils in my Atlantis and at present I have a CoilArt TiNi TC installed. If I got anywhere near the output og my Minis i would be satisfied. I get crap clouds that are so hot it is un-vapeable. Glad i did not invest too much in building coils or Sub Ohm tanks because the way it is going these are going to get boxed back up soon.

5. DuckysVapeReviews

I won't use coilart coils. Only TC coils I will use is ones by the manufacturer of the tank or from Atom. I too have yet to figure out what's so awesome about TC. I have ran 2 different TC tanks, one specifically designed for "clouds" and both were just okay. I run a playboy vixen tank and it came with TC coils. It was a good vape, but pretty much the same vape was obtainable by using the regular coils. People talk about TC like it's the holy trail of vaping, I understand the whole control your temp of vape thing but, IMO it is not the perfect balance of flavor, clouds and adjustable heat of inhaled vape that people make it out to be. Maybe it's just me, or maybe I just haven't experienced it in its glory fully. If you want a good coil for flavor that kicks decent clouds without toasting your tonsils I recommend the Atom gClapton or gCeramic coils. Just my two copper and zinc pieces used for monetary purposes.

6. SteveS45

I tried both the Aspire and the CoilArt Coils for the Atlantis. The only time I actually got an increase in performance was when I threw it on my iStick TC40W. With less actual Max Wattage using TC that was a slight difference but not anything like the Minis. Your description of the Holy Grail fits my quandary to a tee! Now is it the cup of a King or the cup of a Carpenter?

7. DuckysVapeReviews

For me, TC has been nothing more than a sippy cup of water. Nothing to write anyone about. If you got the spare change, try the Atom coils. You can PM me and I can send you link to where I bought mine for like $10 I think for 4. It's a eBay seller, but I checked mine out, they are authentic.

8. SteveS45

I am waiting on my Gragas to get here and have some 15 wrap Claptons waiting for it. Should be just barely Sub Ohm and then I might experiment with some single coil builds. But I can't see one coil delivering more vapor than a dual build because it defies logic. Naturally less heat but more vapor? I don't think it is possible.

9. DuckysVapeReviews

I got some custom one coil builds in some of my RDAs that kill it. But, as I said, they are custom cloud build coils. They would be tons better in dual coil build though, just not a whole lot of room in them with one. Sub ohm isn't for everyone, despite what some "professionals" in the industry might say. Just like a 100w TC mod isn't necessarily a great beginner mod for someone starting out.

10. SteveS45

Yeah, most of the video reviews are a bunch of ID-10-T's acting like fools. Not a lot of valuable information that I have found. Lots of stuff on coil building and such but nothing on achieving a the perfect cool smooth vape.

11. DuckysVapeReviews

I personally like a slightly warm vape. I still on the hunt for the perfect TC vape though, just to see what the fuss is all about.

12. DuckysVapeReviews

I must add though, the TC coils that came with the playboy tank produced a vape pretty much just like the o.50 ohm non TC coil that came with it, just able to regulate temp of it. Unless I vape a RDA, temp never really comes into factor as I only hit my vape a few times every now and then usually.

13. SteveS45

If I got the same Cloud as I see in the videos I would have never started this thread. I can expect a slightly warm tank and I can heat of a mini chain vaping but having a tank so hot it is almost to hot to touch before I even get a decent vape is crazy. I went to the Atlantis V2 thinking it was me and my builds or wicking but get the same results. I can get my RDA's to fire and start some vapor in my hand but nothing near the Minis. The Answer it there but I guess I need Indiana or maybe I will put on a Fedora!

14. SteveS45

So against my better judgement even though I am tired I decided that I must see if I can fit those 15 wrap Clapton's I made into the Gragas and I was able to fit one perfectly. It is just barely 2 Ohms so with Dual coils I should just be at the Sub Ohm threshold.

15. SteveS45

Bump!

So I installed a TiNi coil in my Atlantis V2 and still disappointed with every mode I have tried. Low Wattage TC in both Ti or Ni modes. In TC barely getting any vape. In VW can get some cloud but way too hot still. Appreciate any suggestions from experienced TC users.

16. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Titanium Nickel and straight Nickel wire is STRICTLY for temp control, not wattage. You are actually inhaling nickel fumes when you get it too hot.
    Capture.JPG

17. SteveS45

Have not tried it for any length of time in Wattage mode.

18. ghost62

Whew. That's good!

19. SteveS45

Ghost these are premade coils and not custom built.

20. ghost62

But the property of the metals is still the same.