1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Morning beachmates :D

Last night was rough :( When I went in at 6:30 there was one case scheduled. By 8:30 there were 5, and they kept adding on. We worked all night, non-stop. Three patients were traumas from head-on collisions, one was a gunshot to the leg which broke the bone (14 years old :rolleyes: ) and four cases were from the DHS.

The only good thing about it was that our manager was on call all night. She had to come in at 10:30 and didn't leave until 6:30. Never hurts to reinforce to her what nights can be like ;)

So ... getting ready to crash. I feel like I could sleep for 48 hours straight ... and I might :tongue:

Hope everybody's Saturday is just how you want it :wub:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  2. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning Beach Blips.

LOL. I do that just the opposite. I make the egg rolls and buy the orange chicken. I do occasionally make General Tso's chicken. When I make egg rolls we freeze most of them. M says mine are the best she's ever tasted. Takes several hours to make them so when I do I make enough to last a while. Also use a cheat and buy the cole slaw mix instead of grating the cabbage.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  3. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.

We should have made the egg rolls too, Wuzz. They were awful....we threw them away. The orange chicken was delicious. Hubs used orange marmalade and sweet chili sauce and added chopped sweet peppers and onions to make the "gravy".

I am better today....I think. Whatever was wrong with me comes and goes. This morning, it has only been in the "goes" stage so hopefully I am recovering.

Hubs is out putting up gutter guards on our house....slow going because of the up and down the ladder so many times. We have needed this to be done for years....we got an estimate from Leaf Guard.....that spurred hubs to buy the guards himself from our local hardware store and put them up. What a markup!!! Leaf Guard salesman started at $15,000, dropped 3 times to $5,000. Hubs is doing it himself for around $400.

I am doing some laundry, and other house wifey things that have been pretty much ignored for 4 days. Hope you are enjoying your day. :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • List
  4. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards....
    [​IMG]

5. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

I hope you do!

Good morning beach :) :wub:

Today is doing some stuff outside: Pre close the pool stuff. At some point this afternoon, I might be headed over to son's. Nothing set in stone of the latter.

6. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good afternoon everyone :wub:
    Our internet service has been out most of the morning :hmmm:

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 2
    • List
  7. SteveS45

SteveS45 Fade to black.................

Started early, pulling some Tomato Plants and trimming a couple of bushes. Then I cut. edged and blew the lawns. Ate some quick leftover Grandmas Sicilian for lunch before washing and semi detailing my truck. Now having a White Claw and will take a shower before dinner.

8. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Hey y’all! Im enjoying camping.

• Love This! Love This! x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  9. SteveS45

SteveS45 Fade to black.................

So much for planning on relaxing~! Mom and I were sitting in the backyard and she reminds me we have a Wasp Nest in the Light on the back wall under the awning. Empty and no activity but I originally wanted to paint the fixture so I just cleaned it with bleach. All going smooth until I tighten it up and the Lead Plugs pull out of the Mortar~! Fuck me~! Go into the garage get a dead Blow Hammer and a punch to re-seat the lead plugs. A 15 minute job took almost 2 freaking hours. Now I finally had my shower and drinking some Villa Armando. Think I will get a good buzz on tonight~!

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. daleron

Good evening beach :)

‘That’s great Mark , glad you’re getting some down time :thumb:

Sorry about the loss of your relaxing evening Steve :(

‘Elly stopped eating Thursday, I finally made her some turkey and rice and she ate some of that with interest :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • List
  11. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Glad Elly started eating Darlin. I know how you feel watching her.
    Grilled pork chops and zucchini for dinner. Fired up the city boy gas grill. Used a little butter and some Cavender's Greek seasoning on the zukes and grilled them too. Yum. Found some thick really nice chops this morning while picking up a few things and they tasted as good as they looked. Going to say nite nite now and watch some tv with M. Hope y'all are having a great weekend.

12. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good evening, Beachers.

Just got done with a yummy dinner. Grilled ribeye, grilled baguette, steamed cauliflower and broccoli, sliced garden tomatoes. We had stocked our freezer with beef we bought from our friend who raises cattle and had purchased some ribeyes from Costco. And we were finding it was much tougher than it should be. We have another friend who is owns a cattle farm and he said the beef was tough this year because it did not hang long enough in the butcher shops....probably do to back ups from Covid. Anyway, we purchased one of these from Amazon....and voila! No more tough meat. Best purchase of the year.

[​IMG]

Going to join hubs in front of the tv now....I have been pretty much pain free today....only a couple of twinges in the gut.

Good night....sleep well. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  13. jj2

Now that thing looks interesting so will have to check it out. Was going to have hubs grill some steaks out but son got home late which meant running over there and back was going to collide with supper time. In the end we had hotdogs and baked beans. Something that was easy since we'd be eating at different times.

14. daleron

Yeah it’s kind of twisting my heart :(
    Good night :wub:
    Good night Glam:wub: Glad you’re feeling better :)

We’ve been invited to DS’s tomorrow afternoon for a meal; first time ever :)

Good night JJ and beachmates :wub:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  15. jj2

Cool and may there now be many times to follow.

Guess I'll scoot too so good night beach :) :wub:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

Good night Beach....

17. daleron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]