1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Night Glam........sleep tight

Just got done with supper. Things put up but got some wiping down myself.

2. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good night Glam :wub:
    I kept ice on it and some numbing cream. Finally stopped hurting :thumb:

Good night JJ, Luvy, Mark , Tink and Blue :wub:

3. jj2

Night Dale and hope it stays away.

Guess I'll scoot too so good night beach :) :wub:

4. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good night Beachers!

5. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

I have some running around to do tomorrow... along with another meeting with my lawyer... I am not going it alone again for ssi.....
    Good night Beach........

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  6. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Morning (0345) beachmates :D

Tonight has not been good. Started my evening by having to do a case of putting a patient on ECHMO (it is like a heart-lung bypass machine that is used during heart surgery, except it is managed in the ICU). It is a last ditch ‘Hail Mary’ for this 36 yr old man with Covid. My partner had to do a Code Stroke on a woman who is also Covid +. Then I had to do a ureteral stent case - normally a quick case but seemed like everything that could happen to delay/slow down the case happened :facepalm:

Hearing about a lot more Covid cases, making young people very sick. We have had 4 CRNAs in our department get it, despite being vaccinated. However, having the vaccine does seem to keep you from getting as sick with it. Hubs has been thinking about getting the vaccine bc of the Delta variant. After tonight (from doing that case as well as hearing of several young people dying from it) I am going to encourage him to get it. I have an appointment for Sept 1 for my first dose.

I have a dentist appointment after work to get my permanent crown put on, then plan to sleep the rest of the day! Except for working 2 hours ( :censored: critical points) Thursday afternoon, I am off for 8 days :headbang: Unfortunately I won’t be going to the mountains this time bc of hubs’ work schedule. I am going to do some serious (and much needed) cleaning in the house. Have somebody coming on the 10th to look at the master bathroom that I am going to remodel.

Hope everybody’s Wednesday goes well :wub:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  7. MRSpivey

Good morning Beachers!

8. daleron

Good morning beach :)

Tink! That is so sad about all the Covid illnesses :( I’m sorry you had such a bad night ((Hugs))

We were going to get vaccinated too but there is none available here. DH is looking for the both of us.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. daleron

Good morning Mark :wub:
    You posted while I was typing ;)

10. MRSpivey

Good morning Dale. Late start for me… vertigo.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning Tink, Mark, Darlin. Slept a little late. I've been doing that more often lately for some unknown reason.

12. jj2

You have no idea how great it is to hear this. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Good morning beach :) :wub:

Got energetic yesterday and got the house cleaning done so that is out of the way. It paves the way for a lazy lazy day.
    Yep absolutely no to-do list. Now if life would just go along with this.

13. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.

Tink...how interesting to read about Covid from someone on the front line instead of all the political b.s. coming from both sides. You just do not know what to believe any more. I like hearing from someone I can trust. Was happy to read you are getting the vax......I have read all the talking points from both sides, and came to the conclusion you are better off with it.....I think.:rolleyes:

I have been making vacation plans....during labor day week, we are going to visit friends in the north woods of Wisconsin, then driving over and down into the lower peninsula of Michigan where we have rented a lake house with a boat. Our daughter and hubs will join us for a couple of days for r and r.

Another same ol' day here....weather is going to start warming gradually, hot again this coming weekend.

Hope your vertigo improves, Mark. I have a friend with that, and it is no fun.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  14. jj2

Just backs up the decision we made a long time ago. Get the vaccine but remain vigilant which means staying somewhat isolated especially when it comes to large crowds and strangers.
    As you probably guess we did ditch keeping ourselves away from friends and family.
    I got a few minor things that need to be done medically. Bone density and mammo that I'm putting off. Just not important enough to put myself in Covids path. On the other hand, I have decided to do the cataract thing and want it done before I have to renew my drivers license.
    Basically its down to doing things in a smart way but still live life. It's the way life is right now especially and will remain that way since we are living with an open border.

15. jj2

This is the guy I've listened to from the get-go. Son of our family doctor and a doctor and surgeon himself. He has kept a lot of us up to date. This guy stepped into fatherhood in one great leap---had four or five kids the first time and only time around. Can't even imagine it.
    https://www.facebook.com/tom.pliura

16. jj2

Oh I should add the guy is 100% conservative. :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  17. daleron

Good morning JJ, Glam and Luvy :wub:

Hate to hear that you are dealing with that Mark:(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards.......
    Sorry Mark...that sucks..
    And Tink... I am really sorry....
    but fyi the one guy from here is now paralyzed because of the vax... he got the Pfizer one...2 doses... and the heat that we had was enough to knock him out... he is just now starting to get some feeling back in his hands...(5 weeks later).....
    I got my running around done but waiting on another call from the lawyer...
    and HHD!!!
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. daleron

Good afternoon Blue :wub:
    That’s terrible about the guy :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  20. MRSpivey

We are planning on being at HHI that week!

It was bad from 6:30-8:15 this morning. Then I got to do a rather intense 11 hour work day.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List