1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good morning beach :)

‘Good morning Mark :wub: Here we go again ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Yep… already working.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 2
    • List
  3. daleron

You always are ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. MRSpivey

LOL
    Hopefully that will change before I have to leave this world.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  5. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning Mark, Darlin, Beach. Stayed in the country last night. Had a doe and yearling eating corn in the back yard and a flock of turkeys cleaning up. Our Monday night meeting tonight is going to be an eating meeting so dinner wil be potluck. Hope everybody's Monday goes well.

When it changes I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I've been retired 15 years and loved every day. Even the worse day of retirement beats the best day at work.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.

Dropped into the 50s last night....a preview of autumn. Feels so nice to walk out to those temps.

Not much on my plate today....daily house chores and making chicken and noodles for dinner. Some things in life we cannot retire from. Especially if you own a couple of very destructive cats and have a dinner-loving hubby.

Back on a low carb (not keto) diet....started a couple of days ago. Mainly deleting refined sugar, flour from my diet.....will be hard for this bread lover. And no noodles for me tonight. :rolleyes: Not too hard to do if you put your mind to it.

Hope the day is good to you.:)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Well, as I had desert last night, I did not have my mind on it. :D

Good morning beach :) :wub:

Took a tree swing over to the kids last night and they, of course, loved it. Gonna take Izzy a bit to get use to walking away dizzy or learn to walk away before it gets bad.

House cleaning on the agenda and since I don't plan on doing it in a speedy manner it will be on the agenda for the next few days.

8. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards.......
    Another Munday.... not exactly sure what this week will bring... I hope to find out my fate as to the moving or not...I am really not ready.. I am still trying to recover from last weekend...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. MRSpivey

Hang in there. Hugs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Afternoon beachmates :D

I only did one case last night, but it was a long one :rolleyes: A 69-yr-old man was trimming branches and fell 25' and broke his neck. Fortunately no spinal cord damage so no paralysis. Just had to fuse the broken vertebrae. So, my manly men friends of the beach - hire someone to clean your gutters, trim trees, or other tasks that require a tall ladder :tongue:

Speaking of manly men, hubs left this morning for a few days at the mountains house. He is going to sand and refinish the upstairs deck and put protectant on the back porch. So, not a "fun" trip. The back deck needs a couple of boards replaced and some more intensive sanding/protecting, so he is hoping to find somebody around there who is more knowledgeable (and has the tools) to get that done.

I slept in, in the call room, til almost 9 this morning. Going to try for a nap now, before having to get ready to go back in for night 2 of 3. Hope everybody's Monday treats them well, and hope Blue hears good news this week :wub:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. MRSpivey

Got a 50-year roof and new gutters with clog protection put on the house five years ago. I avoid getting more than six feet off the floor/ground (I don’t bounce as well as I use to).

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. daleron

Good afternoon late arrivals :wub:

House work on my agenda too, got started late so we’ll just have to see how much gets done :rolleyes:

13. Glam

Glad the patient is not facing paralysis, Tink.

My hubs is getting ready to put gutter guards on as soon as the weather cools off....so he will be high on a ladder. :ohmy: I tried to talk him into hiring it done, but he does not listen to me....I am just the wife. He slipped off the roof a few years ago, and landed in a large ornamental bush....he broke off all of its branches when he fell through it....and got lots of scratches but no real harm to him.....the bush however, never did quite recover. He might not be so lucky this time. I will give him your advice. You are not "the wife" so he might listen.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. MRSpivey

Any more (as of a year ago) high work is hired out. With my income being what we survive on (the only income), me staying well and safe is the responsible thing to do. Besides, wife doesn’t have enough life insurance on me for her to not work if something happened to me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  15. jj2

Doing better than me because I never got started. :facepalm:
    Did get some outside stuff done so give me a gold star. :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

We see it more often than you'd think. Especially men cleaning gutters. None of them think it will happen to them ... until it does. Hope your hubs changes his mind.

Of course, men are usually hard-headed. Only in the last 3-4 years has my Dad quit getting on top of the roof to clean his gutters. He's 83 :facepalm:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. daleron

Not really, I managed to sweep the kitchen and laundry room and do one load of clothes. Been in pain all day and just didn’t feel up to much.

Chinese takeout for supper again, didn’t want to cook.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. jj2

Me neither. Worked out well since tomorrow is garbage day so tonight was leftovers.

19. Glam

Nope....hubs did not pay any more attention to your advice than he does me. :rolleyes: He informed me we have a ranch and he would never go 25 feet in the air. Our gutters are probably only 12 feet off the ground....high enough to get hurt, but what can I do....the hard part of his head is on the outside....the inside is soft. :p

We had chicken and noodles, crescent rolls, home made applesauce. I made chicken noodle soup for me while it was cooking....only one handful of noodles, mostly broth. Hubs said it was the best chicken and noodles he ever ate....I think he was just happy to walk in and find dinner ready. :D

Now it is time to recline in front of the tv. Hope you all have a good night, and may yours be quiet and peaceful, Tink. ;)
    :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  20. jj2

Night Glam............sleep tight