1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Just sharing some Vape Items made throughout the years

Discussion in 'DIY That Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else...' started by Sonar505, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

!!!!!!WARNING WOOD AHEAD. IF OFFENDED PLEASE TURN BACK NOW!!!!!

Just kidding. As a continuation of my Intro post I wanted to share some of the things I have made. Hopefully it will give some of you a little inspiration to make some of your own. Some of you may have seen part of my collection before. But I am hoping there are some who have not. Admin was not 100% sure where to put this so if guessed wrong please move.

First things first. NONE of the items pictured are for sale. I personally believe that it is very bad etiquette to come into a new Home and the first thing you try and do is sell the people something. Maybe later on once we get to know one another that might change. (Of course only with Admin. approval).
    I only have one exception to that rule. and it is if you bought something from me in the past and wish for me to make you something new and special. For a previous customer I am very willing to do what ever it takes to keep them happy.

As I mentioned in my intro I started vaping at the end of 2011. So I have had time to build up my collection slowly. What i did not mention was that at the time of starting I was between jobs so had to improvise if I wanted or needed an item. Starting off I immediately learned how to DIY. Then when I kept hearing the Mantra Backups to your Backups. I learned how to make my own mods. Initially the plastic or altoid tin types. But lusting after the wood mods. I set out to learn how to make those. And have been enjoying them immensely ever since. The styles may have changed but the love has not. So here we go.

A while back I wanted to start using Flavour Art. So placed an order for 33 FA flavor samples from eliquid mart then after trying them and finding more recipes I wanted to try. Placed and received a 2nd order of 35 bottles. For me It became a pain in the ass to try and find the individual flavor. Pick up read no!,Pick up read No!, etc, or worse take all out the box and play dominoes with them while on the table. I decided there had to be a better way and set out to make one.

I don't know if you are anything like me but this is what my DIY shelf looked like before.

[​IMG]
    tW6Eog6.jpg2560x1440

And this is what it looks like now!

[​IMG]
    JH7XxBl.jpg2560x1440

I made this first one to accommodate the FA flavors I have now and allow for future growth. I was also able to put them in Alphabetical order and read the flavor name for easy location. (Added benefit Lorann's 1 dram bottles also fit)

[​IMG]
    BghSUKx.jpg2560x1440

Over the past few years I had also accumulated quite a few wizard lab samples (which are even better at mimicking dominoes). And since I plan to continue to use them either individually or in combination with FA. I decided to make one for them.

[​IMG]
    54K32FG.jpg2560x1440

I have since made more to accommodate my ever growing collection of flavorings.

As a matter of fact after I posted last I decided to reorganize and reformulate my DIY juice collection. First step was testing them all and separating them into 1 of 4 categories 1 good to go, 2 need tweaking, 3 good but not my cup of tea so give away, 4 bad must dump and never do recipe again. After cleaning and sterilizing the bottles from 3 & 4 it was time to start mixing.

1st image shows 1 of 3 mixing sessions and how I set it up. I tend to buy the sample size of flavorings to maximize the number of recipes I can try out. If I find I keep making a recipe over and over again then I will buy larger sized flavor bottles. Over the 3 sessions I was able to mix 40 new recipes with the remainder mainly involving lowering the nic levels.

[​IMG]
    fKeOyy7.jpg2560x1440

2nd image shows cleanup and mixed bottles which are again separated into which go into crockpot, which get frothed, or get shaken and allowed to steep naturally.

[​IMG]
    v854SJQ.jpg2560x1440

3rd image is a before pic. I really did not like the way it looked and hard find what I needed.

[​IMG]
    ZkxRpJa.jpg2560x1440

5th is after all done. Much happier now. Printed labels a lot easier to read and find. Trying out the removable address labels from avery. and added a extra level to my shelving for future growth. After all said and done I figured out that I have 3200 ml of juice to vape and tryout.

[​IMG]
    sjz15VV.jpg2560x1440

• Love This! Love This! x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

Next Project

Every Since I started Vaping and making mods I would keep reminding myself that there had to be a better way of handling my growing collection of Batteries. I tried lining them up in a cigar box all nice and neat only to knock them back into a jumbled mess the first time I reached for one. Or go to swap out the battery in a mod and forget which hand I had the charged one in ( I killed way to many brain cells when I was Younger o_O). So while planing this I knew I wanted it to incorporate my existing charger (works great) keep my batteries organized, and be able to test various sizes of batteries. Then I remembered "THE DRAWER" You know the one (I can't be the only one) It's where you throw all the AAA,AA,C,etc. rechargeable and non batteries that you have ever owned and have no idea which are good or bad. So I had to find a meter that would read down to 1.2 volts (AAA) (most will not show below 2.5 volts). And So this is what I came up with and was finally able to get organized and reigning in "THE DRAWER" was a nice added benefit.

[​IMG]
    jpbDN9U.jpg2560x1440

[​IMG]
    813vGnd.jpg2560x1440

[​IMG]
    Dn8g2Ea.jpg2560x1440

And in case you;were curious what the 2 bolts next to the display were for It's for testiing 9 volt batteries.(My younger brother will no longer let me test them my preferred method which was to goad him into sticking the leads on his tongue :D).

[​IMG]
    dDEwy5q.jpg2560x1440

When I got tired of having to hunt for my Atomizers and also got tired of knocking over my mechs. I made some temp. stands in the very easy to make style of my juice shelves. These I still have to finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally some mods I made in the past.and Recently They are a mix of Regulated,Unregulated,Mechanical, and Bottom Feeders. Some with Mosfets some not. Also every battery size i own.

[​IMG]
    oePyEow.jpg2592x1456

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

And some more recent ones 4 different battery size bottom feeders.

[​IMG]
    QyyWKI7.jpg2560x1440

This pic includes the smallest Wood Mod I have been able to make to date.

[​IMG]

Then the most recent ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of these I have put out some very easy to follow Tutorials others not But I am always willing to answer any questions that may come up.

Thank you for viewing as always all questions,critiques, and or comments are much appreciated.

Sorry had to break it up over 3 posts. (10 image limit)

• Love This! Love This! x 5
    • List
  4. moecat

moecat No sodding blips to give

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  5. Cruel-Phate

Cruel-Phate Bronco blip!

I have the yellow one from the second to the bottom photo...:woot:

yellow2.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  6. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

Thanks @moecat much appreciated.

7. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

8. muth

muth More than a poop!

First and foremost, I am thoroughly impressed with your organized look. I love the idea of consolidating everything at your fingertips, like a cockpit. Like you once did, I have my batts in a cigar box. And the rest of the mess you don't want to see! Thanks for sharing your work, it's beautiful and an inspiration for someone like me who is overwhelmed with her vape mess; and also anticipating making a mod one of these days (First the mess needs to get cleaned up!)

9. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

@muth Thanks for the kind words. I thoroughly understand want to get messes under control first. So when you are ready to have a go at building a mod. Please feel free to ask any questions you might come up with or help with wiring one up Anytime. Or even help on woodworking if you are so inclined. Happy to help.

10. dubya

dubya Blissfully bewildered billet box blip

11. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

Thanks @dubya also appreciate the welcome in my intro.

12. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Wow! I'm also very impressed! Like muth, I'm a disorganized mess. I really like those hinged flavoring shelves! I have a couple things that were meant to hold small parts but I outgrew them and the boxes aren't cutting it.
    The mods are all pretty freaking awesome too. The green squonker is delish.

13. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

Thanks @glassgrl yea I was pretty disorganized also at first so i know what your saying. Those flavor racks have really worked out for me. The green Squonker was an experiment for me I had done dyed wood mods before but only with a poly finish this time i tried it with a oil/wax finish and was pretty happy with the results. Here are some close up pics. to give you a better look.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  14. muth

muth More than a poop!

Thx Sonar:)I appreciate the offer. When I'm ready, I thought I'd try a Hex Ohm V2 (OKL T20 chip) type mod. The chip is pretty cheap and I understand it's stable. I have all the stuff I need bookmarked and have purchased the tools already. I'll most likely use a CNC box. After seeing Rob lose half his thumb working on a woody I've become squeamish at the thought of woodworking. Although, I love wood and own one woody from Puff Puff.

15. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

Funny you should mention an OKL T20 I just finished a Wood Squonker with that chip for a customer. and just last night ordered another one for a new person who wants the same thing. I understand being squeamish when I started using a few power tools instead of hand tools I was very careful to not get distracted.

16. muth

muth More than a poop!

Tim (TheWestPole) recently bought a serious lathe. Don't know if he's used it yet.

BTW, if you care to just relax and have some fun, come and join us in kelli's thread, Alternate Universe Too. We also talk a little shop there, too. This place is the best. I still use ecf but rarely visit VU anymore.

17. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

Thanks for the invite I probably will check it out. Although I must warn you I am usually not a prolific poster but I am a terrific lurker.:)

18. muth

muth More than a poop!

Haha, 'sokay. Just pop in every now and then. We'd love to say hello. Just a friendly bunch who like to make friends. No pressure

19. williamhucketech

williamhucketech Dedicated Poster

Nice mods would you mind doing a video on how you Assemble the mods and parts later on I would also like to make some mods for me self and try to cast aluminum box mods as well

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

20. Sonar505

Sonar505 Active Member

Thanks. Unfortunately I have never done a video and would not know where to start. The tutorials I mentioned are all photo Tuts. The smaller ones I will probably attempt to post sometime soon . But the Largest One where I go step by step on How to build a Wood Mod has 50 images and since there is a 10 image limit per post I do not think I will attempt that one. You should be able to google that one. I am planning to do another photo step by step the next time I make a run of mods. As a update to my older one from 2012 to highlight the changes in the way I wire them up and build them. I have tried many different types of mods series, parallel, bottom feeder With Mechanical or mosfet or regulated in all three so if it helps for now I can show you images of the inside and answer any questions you might have.