1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Good Summer Reads

Discussion in 'Book Club' started by Heather, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Heather

Heather More than a blip!

I am just finishing up Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo. It was an interesting read that gave me some perspective on how people live in the slum of Mumbai. I like realistic fiction that helps me see through someone else's eyes. Any recommendations on what to read next? I am home recovering from surgery so doing a ton of reading any suggests welcome. I would highly recommend this book. It is a quick read though.

2. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Have you read The Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett? And the sequel/prequel, World Without End....written after the first, but takes place before the first. Two of my favorite books. Historical and exciting.

3. Eric DeCastro

Eric DeCastro More than a blip!

I'm finishing up the divergant series and the third book is great. I'm going to finish it up this week. I'm going to pick up the girl on the train next.

4. Heather

I will give that a try. Thank you for the recommendation. Which should I read first? World without end?

5. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

It does not really matter, they are both complete stories. I read Pillars first because it was written first....then I went right out and bought the other one the same day I finished it...it was that good.

6. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Realistic fiction...Barbara Kingsolver, especially Animal Dreams, Prodigal Summer and The Bean Trees (read it 1st) and the follow up Pigs In Heaven. So very good.
    Also a few Catherine Hyde Ryan books I read lately have been very good. I haven't read Pay It Forward yet, I think the Kindle price is too high, but Walk Me Home and Where We Belong were excellent.

7. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

So did anyone read Go Set A Watchman yet? @Heather?

8. Heather

No not yet. I have heard that it changes your view on Adicus (not sure how to spell that). Have you read it?

9. cherrycakes

cherrycakes The struggle is real

It was pretty depressing imo :(

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

10. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

No, I haven't read it. Not sure I'll ever be ready to see Atticus like that. Thanks Cherry. Another reason why I can put it off.

11. cherrycakes

I really wish I hadn't read it

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  12. cherrycakes

I'm reading girl on a train and I want to stab the character Anna. She was the mistress of the main character's husband but she got pregnant and now she and the husband are living together. I like the main character and even the one who gets killed but I really wish Anna would have gotten murdered instead lol

13. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I have no idea why that book is on the best seller list. Sometimes I'll get the free sample from the Kindle store and I couldn't even get through that much.