1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

get your knees dirty...in the garden

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Vape.Queen, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Vape.Queen

Vape.Queen More than a blip!

looks like I'm the first one in here :!: if any of you love gardening....come in here and let's talk about it :)
    I love planting just about anything and have a pretty decent knowledge of what to do....and what not to do. I have had successful veggie gardens, I compost as well.
    so come by and share something new or ask some questions :mrgreen:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. GFrost

GFrost blips on parade

Don't have a garden but built commercial greenhouses for 7 years around the whole country. You learn to hate plants doing that job lol. I did learn a awful lot about growing techniques and I'll say I do have a green thumb when I'm forced too lol

3. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Glad to see that you were able to post, I'll clean up the other stuff, but I think I know why you had a problem earlier... it looks like there was something wrong with your browser user session information because it shows that you created the thread but the last poster shows as "Guest" and it should show you as the last poster since you were the only poster...

4. Just Me

Just Me BiTcHy Blip

We tried something different this year cow manure compost, and yes sadly i spent the weekend in it, but all 60 plants are planted!!!

5. InMyImage

Well one good thing about the broken nose is that you probably can't smell it :lol:

6. kelli

kelli The original blip

i planted 70 lily bulbs today in a spot that the city tore up and didn't fix right. tomorrow i am going shopping for annuals for my flower boxes.

7. muth

muth More than a poop!

I would like to plant arugala this year. Anything I should know? (did I spell it wrong?)
    well, I'm off to a good start.

8. kelli

kelli The original blip

almost right....its arugula. and not sure about your weather patterns there, but it likes cool weather like lettuce so you can grow it in the spring and fall when its cooler outside. i think it will be too warm to plant it here now....have to wait til late sept.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Just Me

Just Me BiTcHy Blip

Finished up some planting. Now just waiting to plant the ones i started inside, starting to think i over did it as usaul, looks like my family just might be getting pepper plants. Tomatoes i will probably put in a planter i can bring inside.

10. InMyImage

Now we just need to get @Vape.Queen back to let us know how her garden is coming along since she is the OP :)

11. Just Me

Just Me BiTcHy Blip

14307537683041779237994.jpg here is one side of my veggie garden, still have more inside i planted from seeds i dried. So excited

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  12. Just Me

Just Me BiTcHy Blip

Ok i know it doesn't look like much now but after 5 years of this and a garden that looked like a jungle I have come up with what works for me. Sorry you don't like it gfrost. It functions and keeps my kids eating veggies into october.
    I also did lose a few when the temps dropped way down.

13. InMyImage

Ruh Roh... someone doesn't like a feedback rating...

14. horton

horton Dedicated Poster

I just put in a Goji berry plant I got from of all places Home Depot online. I was expecting a little sprig and I rec'd a roughly 3' high x 1.5' wide box with a beautiful specimen. It even had a couple of blooms and berries. I couldn't believe I was able to buy this nice of a plant online. I have put it in the ground and so far it seems very happy. When I figure out how, I'll try to upload some pics.
    I also planted some Turmeric rhizomes the other day. Besides their cooking and potential medicinal value, apparently they are a very pretty plant. Put them along a wood privacy fence but nothing coming up yet. It's only been about 3 days so maybe I should quit checking every couple of hours???? lol

15. kelli

kelli The original blip

hi horton, nice to meet you. what a coincidence, i was just reading about the health benefits of turmeric :)

16. horton

horton Dedicated Poster

Hello kelli, nice to meet you as well. I am really fired up about Turmeric. I can't remember where I first read about it but the anti-inflammatory properties are what caught my eye. I've been using Glucosamine HCL and MSM for my arthritic hip with so-so results, but when I started adding a chunk of Turmeric root to my daily beverage (it really a smoothie, but I like the sound of beverage better...lol) I started to notice a change within days. I no longer need to use the heating pad at night and the number of "spells" when I would have very sharp pain are greatly diminished. I honestly don't know if it's placebo effect or the Turmeric and don't care at this point. I'm feeling better and giving the Turmeric the credit!!
    Now if I can only get my little Goji berry to give me a ton of berries I'll be a happy camper.....;)

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  17. kelli

kelli The original blip

well, i am definitely going to give turmeric a try now. thanks for the testimonial. :)

18. horton

horton Dedicated Poster

It sure can't hurt you to try it and there are so many ways to incorporate it into your diet. As I mentioned, I grind up the rhizome right in my daily smoothie and usually the other flavors in it will mask the somewhat earthy flavor. It is a beautiful orange when you break a rhizome and you have to be very careful not to get it on your clothing or skin for that matter. Apparently it is a very good dye and use in India for that purpose as well. I found mine on Amazon.com and felt the price was reasonable and just noticed my local grocery is now carrying it in the produce section. I do prefer the "roots" though rather than how it's packaged in the store in some kind of liquid.

19. InMyImage

Kelli can probably help with posting pics @horton but things here are pretty straight forward. You can actually drap a pic over the reply area and just drop it to embed it. It will sow up at the bottom of the page and you choose whether to insert it directly into the picture or to use a thumbnail.

You can also click the little scenic picture looking button one the reply toolbar towards the right and either upload the file to paste in a link to an image that is online.

So, show off those plants, I know that this thread and forum area are probably going to get pretty picture heavy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. horton

horton Dedicated Poster

When it is daylight, I'll get some pics and try to post them. I'll consult with kelli for sure.
    Please be gentle with me.... I just figured out how to use the call waiting feature on my smartphone (dumb user....lol)