1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Future of VapingBlips

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by InMyImage, Aug 27, 2021.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

Ethan has grown up to be a handsome young man!

2. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Thanks, it's big enough that I take over the "living room", Shelly has the master bedroom and Ethan has his own room as slideout mid-bunk. He has a sort of futon/hide-a-bed and a desk that fits two big computer monitors side by side. We also have a residential refrigerator so we don't have to go to the store all the time.

Check out Thousand Trails. We have the Elite Connections plan with the Trails Collection and only pay about $200 a month for all of camping. It's sort of like a timeshare but we can stay in each campground for 2-3 weeks and move directly from one campground to the next one. Definitely helps make the lifestyle affordable but they don't have anything in the North central portion of the country.

Unfortunately Starlink isn't available for mobile use yet, hopefully next year. Right now we have a cellular modem with SIM cards for AT&T and Visible (Verizon) and if necessary can hotspot off our Sprint/T-Mobile phones. Has worked well, but at a couple of campgrounds we have had to buy their WiFi service, typically $30 for our stay.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. InMyImage

True, if he every stops looking like he's 13-14.

He doesn't talk spontaneously very often but while at the Grand Canyon a group of teenage girls were passing us and he stopped an said "Hi!" and they all said "Hi!" back. It was really cute.

He definitely enjoys being out in nature so it's been good for him too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  4. muth

muth More than a poop!

Teehee, all 18 yr olds look like babies to me. I know what you mean, though. Winnie at 18 still looks about 14-15 to me.
    Well, nothing like a group of teenage girls to make a teenage boy get spontaneous:D. Good for him! I'm glad he's enjoying the outdoors. Nature is good for all of us which I'm sure you're discovering more than most of us.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

IMI, for you, it's so great that there is a silver lining in all that is going on in the world right. Do visit more and leave some pictures. I bet many of us have felt trapped in the world right now.

6. InMyImage

Thanks @muth and @jj2 we got notice yesterday that they have started working on the trailer. They are still waiting on some parts but they are starting to take everything apart to make sure there wasn’t anything hidden that they also need. Keeping my fingers crossed that there isn’t anything more than a bolt or screw, maybe a nail…

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. InMyImage

Due to dealing with health issues I haven’t been able to do the server migration but it is officially getting done tonight starting at 11:30 PM Eastern time so 8:30 Pacific.

During the migration the system will be offline and you will see a notice that it is down for maintenance if you try to visit before it is back up and running again.

Please note, because this is a complete migration to a new server all of the internet’s locating info is changing and there may be a period when the Cloudflare can’t find the server and you see an error from Cloudflare instead of the maintenance page. This expected but hopefully will resolve itself quickly however it can take 24 hours before the internet spreads the new info everywhere so don’t get concerned if the system is unavailable for an extended period of time.

I expect the physical and technical processes to take 4-6 hours to complete and will send another email after the migration is complete, but as mentioned above it may take longer in your area to be able to access the system, especially all the vendors located in China.

Thanks,

Bill aka InMyImage

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. muth

muth More than a poop!

Thanks so much for the detailed information. It's very helpful. Gives me a good excuse to kick back and finish my book:). And, of course, we all wish you better health very soon.

9. InMyImage

Sorry the site reopened late this morning. We ran into some server software compatibility issues because the old server was very dated. After quite a bit of time consuming work we got it figured out and everything seems to be functioning fine.

There are still a couple of errors on the administration side that I need to research but they don’t seem to be affecting the operation of the server so I’ll deal with it later. This does mean that there may be periods in the future when I have to temporarily put the forum in maintenance mode but fortunately our host has really good 24x7 support so if/when it becomes necessary I’ll do everything in the middle of the night.

The internet uses something called SSL to verify the identity of each site and the “certificates” expire after a specific period of time, these control when you see something like “This site is not secure” or maybe a red padlock icon in your web browser’s address bar or you saw a notice in your browser that made you go through some annoying steps to say “yes I trust that Bill is a good guy and I really do want to visit this site damnit!”

The site security issue happened because our site certificate expired a while back but knowing I was going to be moving the site sometime in the near future (which turned into months) I didn’t bother going through the rather painful effort of updating them. The new certificate process is supposedly going to happen automatically now but depends on the server information propagating around the world before it will generate and apply the new certificate. Odds are that before that happens you will either see notes in the address bar, the red padlock or similar or be faced with again telling your browser that you are confident that I’m an upstanding guy.

I will be working on the organization and content of the panels on the right side of the pages sometime over the next week. Let me know if there are any specific changes you would find useful and I’ll do my best to accommodate, it is your site after all.

If you have ANY problems, or notice anything not behaving the way it did previously please start a private conversation with me so I get an email notification and can respond to it quicker. I am going to give my cell number to @jj2 so she can nudge me if I don’t respond to your issue within a day if it is minor or immediately if it is critical so please include her on any conversation you start with me about an issue or odd behavior.

Please note that I’m already aware that a direct link to a specific post isn’t working properly so I don’t need it reported as a minor issue, I’m pretty certain it’s related to the forum software issue I need to research and fix later.

Other than that, thanks for your patience and support. Now I’m going to shut my brain down for a while.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Thank you!
    Your efforts are greatly appreciated!!

11. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

Thank you for everything Bill......
    [​IMG]