1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

drip tips I made today

Discussion in 'DIY That Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else...' started by Jas, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Jas

Jas Active Member Vendor

I've been making drop tips for a while now and thought I'd share some pics of the ones I made today, one was for @Ally but I lathed the stainless steel center of by .5mm so will have to make another tomorrow for him
    20150622_143426.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  2. Jas

Jas Active Member Vendor

To give you a sense of size here is one on a lemo 2
    20150622_143357.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  3. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Very nice! You do all the work on the SS yourself?

4. Jas

Jas Active Member Vendor

Thanks, yes all ss and acrylic is worked by myself, it can be a pain though, I burnt 5 drill bits out today lol lucky they were the cheap ones

5. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I like 'em Jas. I've made glass drip tips, and once tried to find SS inserts that look like that, but no go. All glass is fine for most people, but some people...not so much. lol I don't have the skills or equipment to do anything with stainless.

6. Jas

Jas Active Member Vendor

Thanks I'd love to try glass making but don't have the equipment...... yet
    I tried years ago to find them and couldn't , that's why I now make them, I make pritty much all my vaping stuff now

7. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Nice!!!

8. Ally

Ally Dedicated Poster

Hey @Jas i had a busy day yesterday so only just seeing your thread now. They look great. I like the size of them. I get very hot hits from kangers standard dts so theyd be ideal. And I'm totally amazed (and clueless) how you make them. I saw homemade driptips in a b&m and they go for mad money.

9. Jas

Jas Active Member Vendor

@Ally cheers mate, I think the reason they are expensive is down to the acrylic, I buy a 6" x 1 " long block and only really use half of it as the patterns are so inconsistent, I am looking into making my own acrylic blanks at the moment that way I can control the patterns.....
    I completed a nice green/yellow ming style one today but there is hardly any yellow in it lol
    I am half Way through yours mate just got too shrink them and then polish

10. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Sounds like you and @glassgrl need to work out a way for her to get some stainless connectors to her ;)

11. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Awesome, Jas! :thumbs:

I like the ones with the flame look! They appear to be wide bore, too.

I've seen YouTube videos of the process. They milled that 510 and spun (I guess the term would be) the acrylic. They are works of art!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  12. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

Nice drip tips @Jas.
    Do you sell them?

13. Jas

Jas Active Member Vendor

@100%VG the bore on those ones are 10 mm and 5mm at the 510 end, I can do pritty much any size main bore but am stuck at around 5mm 510 end due to the orings.
    @Ld3441 I certainly do mate , I can also make to customers designs..... within reason lol

Will get some more pics up of the latest batch.... and my next box mod :)

14. Ally

Ally Dedicated Poster

Were any of those links for orings any good?

15. Jas

Jas Active Member Vendor

Yes @Ally they were spot on , just got to put in an order now cheers for the help mate.

16. Jas

Jas Active Member Vendor

Drip Tip Purple cropped.jpg Drip Tip Green-Yellow cropped.jpg
    Some new ones Thanks to @100%VG for resize :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  17. Jas

Jas Active Member Vendor

I must remember to take pictures the right way up lmao
    they are 8mm bore with 5mm at the 510 end and around 12mm wide
    @Ally if there is one that takes your fancy let me know mate.
    @Ld3441 here ya go mate , I will have some more tomorrow 1 in red and 1 in blue

jas

18. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Are you intending to set up a business to sell these? If so let me know and I can make you a vendor so you can start your own thread over in the vendors sub-forum.

19. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

@Jas

What did you do and how is the eye(s)?

20. Ally

Ally Dedicated Poster

That great. Did you buy the bulk purchase from that hardware place or from a vape vendor? And, i like the multicoloured ones as I've never had one like that before.