1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Best book you have read?

Discussion in 'Book Club' started by Heather, May 11, 2015.

1. Heather

Heather More than a blip!

This year, week, month or lifetime? I am thinking before I answer but would love to hear from others.

2. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

One of the loves of my life is my Kindle and iPad. I read just about every day.

3. bobsyeruncle

bobsyeruncle Still a blip ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Um, did you mean "best book"?

As to "beat" books, I've read William S. Burroughs, "Junky", "Queer" and "Naked Lunch", Allen Ginsberg, "Howl", and William S. Burroughs and Jack Kerouac "And The Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks", but haven't gotten around to "On The Road", Jack Kerouac.

4. Roguexx

Roguexx blippy blipperson

1984, great gatsby, outsiders, holes, brave New world.

5. Vash

Vash More than a blip! Vendor

Hyperion cantos,Lord of the rings when I was a child,anything paranormal related especially UFOs

6. jj2

Hubby is the sciFi nut. I'm more in the line of Lee Child sort of stuff. Love thrillers.

7. Vash

Vash More than a blip! Vendor

You should ask him if he has read Hyperion,if not he should !

It's such a detailed and amazing book and series and brings together the best of Sci fi and human emotions into a fantastic voyage that can't be explained .

8. jj2

I will ask and if he says no, I'll tell him that you recommended him. :)

9. MamaTried

MamaTried Dedicated Poster

ah... Kerouc....

back in the day, i climbed Matterhorn mountain in No Cal several times.

at the peak there were two strongboxes. One from the Sierra Club (with a sign-in log),and another from some Kerouac fans that contained a copy of Dharma Bums and a signin log.

my name should appear in those logs 2, maybe 3 times

and contrary to what Kerouac wrote, you really can fall off a mountain :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matterhorn_Peak

10. Heather

Yes I definitely meant best. I will see if I can figure out how to edit. As for Beat book, hands down, Portrait of an Artist as a young Man. James Joyce.

11. MamaTried

i wrote my first master's thesis on Joyce, but it sucked. wrote another about Hemingway, which i was told could have been published, but life interfered

The Son Also Rises is prolly my top choice, with Portrait a close second.

12. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I find questions like this too difficult, and not only because I probably haven't read the best book yet. lol I could probably go top 3 of different genres.
    For Sci-Fi I'd say Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury and Neuromancer and Pattern Recognition both by William Gibson.

Horror (which I can't really classify as horror but 'they' do) I liked Stephen King's Dark Tower series and a few others by him, but he's had some real dogs too.

Fantasy I'd go with LoTR, The Hobbit and probably Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders books. Today anyway.

American Classic hands down would be To Kill A Mockingbird.

There are so many more, but that's enough for now.

13. MamaTried

ummm. Neuromancer :)

wasn't Tolkien must reading back in the 60s???

14. Heather

Have you read her new one? I think it just came out or is about to. It's the only other book she wrote.

15. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I don't know, I was reading Dick and Jane back then. :laugh:

@Heather, do you mean Harper Lee's new book? It's not out until July, but I do plan on reading it.

16. Tripster

Tripster Domestic Blipporist...

The best book I've read is my life, greatest book ever just not for the faint of heart. :laugh:

17. Heather

Yes. I am excited to read it too.

18. thewandererNick

thewandererNick Seriously Committed

Love that you posted a reading section. I read on the daily too, I will always call Douglas Adams my favourite author, I read everything he wrote, even some of the zoology book, and he was the one who developed my love of reading with the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series. I even have a special gold leaf edition that has some works that previously were not published

19. thewandererNick

I love classics and want to read them all, at least the ones a lover of books should read. Thomas Hardy is one of my favorite in that category and shakespeare.

20. thewandererNick

Gonna fast forward to the last 8 years or so and will say I loved the potter series, anything by Robin Hobb, the wheel of time series, anything by Brandon sanderson, Joe abercrombie, Game of thrones series, and can't leave out the Dark Tower series Thankee Sai. Really into fantasy, apocalypse type of book, and mysteries too. After there is a lull in my fantasy type reading currently reading dagger and the coin series on book two those are pretty good. Marie Lu has written good reads as well. I really wanna get my sister's book collection and start to devour that.