1. Migration complete. If you are an active member and having problems logging on, please send an email to [email protected]

Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Alternate Universe Too...

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by kelli, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

Not showing any huge signs of improvements. They biopsies a mass in her abdomen, and she has a follow-up on Wednesday, I think...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

I have some residual stuff but working and doing what I have to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. muth

muth More than a poop!

You must be terribly concerned, Shawn. Healing thoughts to all of you.

4. MRSpivey

Good night AUvians.

5. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

Good morning everyone....
    Shawn... ditto what Karen said...

6. MRSpivey

Good morning!

7. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

Good night everyone...

8. MRSpivey

Good morning!

9. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

Good morning everyone...
    HHD!!!
    [​IMG]

10. muth

muth More than a poop!

11. muth

muth More than a poop!

Heeheehee, these hump days seem to pile up fast:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hmm, I'm sitting here waiting on a scheduled call and getting a feeling it won't be coming in. Does that ever happen to you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. muth

muth More than a poop!

Call came in:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  14. MRSpivey

Well… good!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

Yes... I hate it when that happens...
    Good night everyone...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. MRSpivey

Good morning!

17. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm

I might be morning... I can't be sure as it is so dark..

18. muth

muth More than a poop!

I rather you be morning than mourning:p:rolleyes:

19. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

Stepdot has now been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Factors. They're prescribing Prednisone, a modified diet, modified clothing (compression socks and more for life), and exercise.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg... she's still dealing with some pretty severe pain in her abdomen, recovering from surgery while (not really) looking forward to even more surgery (she's scheduled for an upper and lower GI), and serious swelling in her legs and feet, not to mention some major depression (going from all go, no stop to dead in the water overnight can do that to a person).

Why, then, am I feeling defeated?

You've read what I do on a daily basis. She did as much... maybe a smidgen more. Now I'm doing all she was doing, all I was doing, and some of what The Wife was doing. I am physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausted.

Our business was built on two people with a wee bit of a support staff (family can make great cheerleaders, and sometimes run errands :) ). Now, it's just me. I cannot keep up with demand, and I've been forced to (temporarily, I hope) close my retail shop to focus on our online orders.

My diet sucks! As Stepdot did 90% of the cooking, that's out. As I've taken all the broomshop and 3/4 of the farm chores, I can't cook. The Wife is still dealing with recovering from surgery to repair her torn meniscus as well as some pretty serious arthritis in her knees, so she's not doing a lot of cooking. Bring on the junk food, I guess... it's gotta be fast, cheap, and filling.

I'm not getting to the gym. For starters, going to the gym feels like a betrayal of Stepdot as she's the one that got us all to go... doesn't seem right to go without her. Even if that feeling could be overcome, there's just no time to spend an extra hour plus per day going to the gym. Hey, with all the extra chores I'm still getting all my paces and "zone" minutes, and burning all the calories I did before...

And I'm doing this alone. I don't mean, in this case "by myself." I mean alone... for the past 12 years Stepdot has been in the shop or the studio with me almost every day. We banter, chat, goof off, assist, and give each other breaks. No more...

The house still floods in spite of the more than $4000 we've thrown at contractors to solve the issue. And, every time we try to fix one issue, we find a dozen more... I've had to remove and re-seat the upstairs toilet three times trying to solve a leak!

Last week one of our refrigerators died, and I had to waste a day running around trying to salvage everything that was in it. Ended up with a brand new refrigerator, a gift of a functional - but in desperate need of refurbishing - antique refrigerator, and then the fridge that died sprang back to life. Go figure...

So, yeah, defeated...

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 2
    • List
  20. muth

muth More than a poop!

At top you said they prescribe modified exercise for her? What does that mean? Can you both get to the gym for that or does she need special PT exercise? I know you're exhausted so don't feel obliged to answer right away.

I'd like to encourage you to try and not eat too much junk food, it will only make you feel worse....but you know that. This whole thing is really painful to hear, Shawn. Only wishing the best for you and your family.