WestPole's Stupid Mod Tricks

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by TheWestPole, May 6, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

The oval

2. muth

muth More than a poop!

Tim, where do you buy your deoxit? Seems like the Caig website has better prices than Amazon.

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

4. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Amazon for me.

5. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

@TheWestPole , I dropped the fire button to my favorite Mech, the VCM. It has a plastic screw piece to let the atty fit right and the bottom still screw in properly and not leave a gap. When dropped, that plastic screw piece got knocked off line. I can screw it in or out, but it is clearly uneven, and turning really hard. I don't want to strip it out. Any ideas?

6. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

I don't know the mod, and not picturing what you're talking about. If the mod works maybe you should just leave it as is. Otherwise see if you can get a good pic.

Happy New Year BTW. :)

7. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

OK, I'll try to get a pic. It does work, but leaves a gap that is driving me crazy :rolleyes:

Happy new year to you as well :)

8. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

The black piece on top of the fire button
    1515311003389402056313.jpg
    I'm tempted to just screw it all the way out, just worried I might strip it out

9. muth

muth More than a poop!

If that's copper be careful. I stripped my Pegasus lock ring. It was stuck and when I used pliers to unscrew it the pressure bent the shape and it was a goner after that. I had to keep it in unlock mode after that, meaning I could never put it down or it would fire. I found a way to dangle it in my mod holder:laugh:so I could keep using it. I finally found an entire button replacement but it took about 10 months.