1. Support to VapingBlips...

Donate now to help VB continue to be your social and vaping home.Read more here...

2. New Contest - OneStop DIY Word Game!!!

Thank You Reddhott Contests, contests, contests!!!

WestPole's Stupid Mod Tricks

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by TheWestPole, May 6, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

@TheWestPole where do you buy your Varitube 510s for your squonkers?

Also, I'd like to replace a negative terminal with a simple spring plate. What material do you recommend? I remember you mentioning something other than copper.

2. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

From Varitube.

I don't know what you mean by terminal or spring plate. What mod?

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

I would like to use the encasement from my old Smokeless Owl. I'm removing the plastic top plate and cutting a piece of 2-3 mm hardwood veneer to replace it (as soon as I find something) and replacing the crappy 510. It will easily fit a 20700 if I remove the negative battery connection which is a big spring type gizmo. I can easily slide in a bent copper plate to replace that, then resolder the connection.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  4. muth

muth More than a poop!

I phrased that wrong, sorry. I want to replace the contact for the anode (negative terminal) end of the battery.

5. TheWestPole

Have you checked that the bigger battery diameter will fit? If there's doubt, try wrapping an 18650 with painters tape until it's 20mm thick and see if there's an issue.

6. TheWestPole

On Smokeless Owl?

7. muth

muth More than a poop!

I did measure but your idea is a good one. It will probably be snug against the bottle or maybe I can find a slimmer bottle. The back plate/door will clear it.

8. muth

muth More than a poop!

9. TheWestPole

10. muth

muth More than a poop!

Can you recommend a place to find veneers? I've been looking and it's been difficult to find 2-3 mm thickness in small sheets and without paper backing.

11. TheWestPole

I don't know. If you can't find it lemme know. Maybe I could rip one for you.

12. muth

muth More than a poop!

Oh wow, that's a kind offer. I'm going to keep looking and will let you know.