1. Support to VapingBlips...

Donate now to help VB continue to be your social and vaping home.Read more here...

2. New Contest - MFS Word Smash! Win $20 Credit!!!

Thank You Reddhott Contests, contests, contests!!!

3. 2017-2018 VB Fantasy Football

Let the Trash Talk Begin!!!

Purely Social

WestPole's Stupid Mod Tricks

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by TheWestPole, May 6, 2015.

1. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

@TheWestPole , I was using the NC2 yesterday, and it got hot. Like scary hot to me anyway. I was using it very heavily, so maybe that was all it was, but I didn't think I was really pushing it or the batteries at all. Had Samsung 25r's in it, with a duel 34g kanthol, 24g N80 Clapton build. .3 ohms. Should not be taxing on those batteries right?

2. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

No, that wouldn't be pushing it. Running at high voltage could be heating it up though, or a partial short due to torn wraps. When it gets hot like that, pop out the batteries and see if they're as hot, and check the wraps. If everything seems okay, I'd switch to parallel mode for awhile (which would bypass voltage regulation circuits) and see the difference.

Remember too that mod is all steel. Once you get steel warmed up from your hands and batteries, etc., it will retain the heat much longer than aluminum, copper or brass.

3. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Defiantly not from torn/used wraps. Newish batteries with very little use or wear and tear. I will pop the batteries out next time it happens, and I didn't know that about steel, thanks. Was way hotter than my hand could make it, but sounds like it could have been just retaining the heat from so much use.

4. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

@TheWestPole , I am still stuck in the no squonk zone. All three mods, (2x coppervape, 1 squeeze) are just not working right. Cleaned them up, rebuilt lots of atty's, tried different ones. Getting the same thing, seems like plenty of power, lotta popping and fizzling going on, but little to almost no vapor. Any ideas at all?

5. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

I'm not Westy, but...

What's your build/s? Batteries? And expectations...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Like new Samsung 25r's. Lots of different builds on lots of different atty's. Expectations, I guess just what they use to do, or should do. For example, I have a nolegal and a velocity, both built duel 26g kanthol, 3mm id 6 wraps, .4 ohms, and I am getting less vapor out of them than a kfl built at 1.2 ohms and at 13 watts.

7. TheWestPole

Sorry, I don't know what to think. The fact that three mods are acting the same kind of lame with different attys just doesn't compute. This is probably the kind of thing I'd have to have in hand.

8. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

It's air... a kayfun condenses things down. Those atties are far more open. To get the same kind of vapor, you'll either need a rowdy, low build, or a more restricted airflow.

Almost ALL of my mechs are now build to .17 using a set of Ni80 fused claptons. I am running 30 amp cells, so... I'd likely recommend a regular clapton or a set of twisted or parallel wires that would come in around .25 ohms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

9. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Its just odd to me that they changed. They are performing nothing like they use to, with the same builds in them.

10. TheWestPole

The high point of this cheapo Icarus clone is several very nice pieces of anodized aluminum. Unfortunately, those nice pieces fit too loosely, and with otherwise sub-par components, the mod simply didn't work well. Rather than scrap it, I used the frame and made new doors and button, swapped in a few better components, and tuned it all up.

[​IMG]

IMG_20170922_010039_picmonkeyed.jpg

IMG_20170922_010048_picmonkeyed.jpg

IMG_20170922_010211_picmonkeyed.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  11. TheWestPole

I knew this would happen. Just finished this and I'm itching to take the finish down to bare aluminum. :rolleyes:

IMG_20170922_101358_picmonkeyed.jpg IMG_20170922_101450_picmonkeyed.jpg