1. @bigdaddybrink1 Is Giving Away a DIY Kit to His YouTube Subscribers!!!

Thank You, Dan!!!

Contests, contests, contests!!!

2. New Contest - Win $20.00 from My Freedom Smokes

Thank You ReddHott

Contests, contests, contests!!!

3. Attn: New Forum for ALL Political Discussions

Please post all political discussions, opinions or info in the new Political Banter forum

WestPole's Stupid Mod Tricks

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by TheWestPole, May 6, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

That's what I want to know. The top plates are identical but the mod is taller. How is that? or did he make the left one shorter?:confused:

2. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

IKR?!? I'm not telling, he can, but look at all the pics again. Mind blown.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Can't say I'm happy with how it looks. I'm thinking of putting a hole the same size as the others right through the center of the mod. Then it will look like the superfluous openings are intentional. :whistle:

4. TheWestPole

:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I think you just like holes.
    [​IMG]

6. TheWestPole

I used to have those on my VW bus. :)

7. TheWestPole

Coppervape Switch Modification

I don't know about you, but when I get firing inconsistencies more often than not the problem is in the switch, specifically the electrical connection between the spring and the contact screw. Too tight or too loose can both mess with firing consistency. The switch design relies on the o-ring to keep constant contact between the spring and screw while allowing the button to be turned for locking purposes. Not an ideal design for consistent firing.

Yesterday I took a page out of Custom Classic's book and freed the contact point from the button assembly. First I used the existing screw to fix the insulator to the button so it acts as a retaining ring. Second I made a thin brass contact disk and soldered it to the end of the spring. Third I insulated the middle of the spring in case it shifts out of position. As long as your bottle cap stays tight on the center pin it won't.

Much improved firing consistency now and goodbye to fiddling with the switch. Haven't tried this with a stock button yet--been using a clear one I made--but the principle applies.

IMAG2868_picmonkeyed.jpg IMAG2880_picmonkeyed.jpg

8. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Did you use silver bearing solder? Just wondering if it would matter.

9. TheWestPole

Good eye. It's not silver solder, but does look like it. Really wouldn't matter electrically in this case. It's SN60/PB40 for electronics.

10. TheWestPole

Big comfy PC button. Gonna get rid of the ON/OFF.

IMAG2889_picmonkeyed.jpg IMAG2883_picmonkeyed.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  11. muth

muth More than a poop!

Alright, I look again:(

12. muth

muth More than a poop!

He looks and acts like an old co-worker of mine. Now, I'll have to figure it out.

13. TheWestPole

Figure what out? If you're still talking about the Coppervape conversion, there's a 3mm plate added to the bottom.

14. muth

muth More than a poop!

:rofl: yes, that's what I mean. I went back and saw it in the first pic....finally.

15. TheWestPole

Funny that one turned into a puzzler. Oh well, fun over. :blush: