WestPole's Stupid Atty Tricks

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Rebuildables' started by TheWestPole, May 27, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

I've been using my Origin Little. AF took some getting use to. I like it.

2. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Yes, the 3 is a clone from ft, like $13 I think. I see no problems in the quality at all. The other I have I bought from someone, I believe it is an authentic, but I didn't pay that much, so not sure.

3. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Yes, was fine, and I believe it fired OK a few times with this build

4. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I like the little guy as well, it's in my semi-daily line up :)

5. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hey Ryan, could you by any chance be using it on a regulated mod that doesn't fire below a certain resistance?

6. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I tried it on three mods and the 521. Should be about a .3 build, all of the mods would fire that low.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. muth

muth More than a poop!

I just watch what they're doing and pause if I have to.

8. muth

muth More than a poop!

My first regulated box mod only fired down to .6 and I'd keep forgetting because I was so used to tube mods and switching my attys around:rolleyes:

9. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Yea, these all fire to at least .2. The problem is it is reading 0

Of course I am always open to any suggestions or input :)

10. muth

muth More than a poop!

Are these mods ones that you are familiar with? Are you using different wire material? Most of the time it turns out to be something simple. I guess you didn't find a short yet?

11. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Yup, all mods I am familiar with. Its at home and I'm at work, so haven't been able to check for a short yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. muth

muth More than a poop!

Well, good luck. Hope you get it straightened out:)

13. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

So, update in the never ending saga that is Ryan vs. vaping :rolleyes: I got the Magma Reborn up and running. Still no idea why the first leak, and also now fully confused on the reading no ohms. I checked the atty for a short every which way for a short, found nothing. Rebuilt it again, and would still read no resistance. I backed the pin out maybe 1/2 a turn, and boom, it read. I then turned the pin back in to snug, and it has been fine ever since :confused: Totally confused. Anyway, as far as the vape, I love it. It is right up my ally :)
    My issue atm is wicking. I can't seem to get it to wick itself :???: I take 3 or 4 pulls, and look at the wick, and it is dry as hell (judging by the looks). I then drip it, and seem to get maybe 8-10 more hits, then it is dry again :???: If I leave it sit for an extremely long time (5-10 minutes), it seems to saturate again. Wondering, am I vaping it to hard, or is my wicking yet again wrong? @TheWestPole , I re-mulleted it, and I gotta say, I don't think I can get the ends any thinner. Now wondering too thin, and just drying out way too fast?
    Please don't take this as complaining or bitching, just trying to understand :blink:

14. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

So it wasn't connecting with the mod. Maybe the center pin head height is measuring a hair under spec. You might try the dental floss method. Back the pin out enough to access the underside of the head, wrap dental floss around pin a few times, trim and screw back in. That will lift the head up a bit.

Try to get a side photo showing the coil height and wick above and below the deck. I'll see what I can see.

15. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Yup, only thing I can figure is it wasn't making a connection. Working now, but I will keep floss thing in mind, thanks. Wicks seem maybe too thin to me, not even filling the coil? As far as below deck goes, I still cannot see them there. I am just using a regular square of cotton, and not trimming the length at all?
    20170420_190056.jpg

16. TheWestPole

Can't tell much from that. The wicks should be regular thickness through the coil, then thin and loose through the holes in the deck. Also long enough to dip well into the juice. I don't see them in the tank at all.

17. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I agree, I can't see them in the tank either, but I have no way of making them any longer?

18. TheWestPole

If they're short you can tilt to get them wet.

Those wicks look too thin through the coil. Did you see my note?

19. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Yea, I guess when I trimmed the ends down I went to close and short at the coil. I will rewick it and try to leave more around the coil. Also thought I would try just dunking a piece of cotton straight down in, just to get a feel for length.

20. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Reborn is now vaping beautifully and I am loving it. I did have the wicks all crammed up on their way down to the tank. Got it squared away, they are just barely above the bottom of the tank, and it's wicking perfectly.

Thanks again @TheWestPole , and thanks for all the help :thumb::nun:

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List