WestPole's Stupid Atty Tricks

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Rebuildables' started by TheWestPole, May 27, 2015.

1. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Interesting. I'd do a Z shaped spaced coil so it gets direct air at both ends.

2. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

So like z the legs. Top of neg post and bottom of pos post, coil runs through the middle? Kinda what I was thinking?

3. TheWestPole

Yes, that's it. Makes sense to me.

4. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Sorry I always slam you with so many questions Tim. I just get new stuff, and get all giddy :rolleyes:

5. TheWestPole

Haha, no problem. I get that way too. :)

6. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Best I could do, I really suck at spaced :mad:
    Any clue at all on wicking, all the youtube video's are in Russian :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Oops, forgot pic
    1491965352323-1307193285.jpg

Always get those huge last wraps

8. TheWestPole

Not really. I don't know that one.

9. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

@TheWestPole , its now the magma stillborn :( wth is wrong with me? Cleaned it up from the spill, and decided to rebuild and rewick it, because I wasn't happy with mine, and wanted to keep an eye on it. It has not leaked at all in almost 2 days, so no clue what happened with that, but now it won't read at all. 0.00 ohms, tried on three different mods and the 521 :confused:

10. TheWestPole

When there is no coil in your atty or a disconnection somewhere, 521 Tab reads "- - - -" and your regulated mods read "no atomizer." Since you're getting a reading of 0.00 ohms I assume you have a short somewhere. Gotta chase down the short. When you reassembled did you make sure both of your insulators were back in place, one down around the center pin head, one around the base of the positive post?

11. muth

muth More than a poop!

@dubya found a quick vid for you on spaced coils. I do mine even simpler, more like DJLsb Vapes. Do an extra wrap or two, pull on one leg to space it out, then pull that leg again down to the number of wraps you want. That tightens it up, too. You might need to compress it to make the spaces smaller. But here's the vid:

You have a coil jig, right? It does help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I didn't take it that far apart. Only thing I did was take the top section above AFC off, tore out coils and rebuilt?

13. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Thanks, I will try that next for sure, looked pretty easy. Yup, I have a coil jig :)

14. muth

muth More than a poop!

I just found another one with a technique I've never seen. Huh? Interesting. Well, I'll post it if you think it's something you want to try.

15. muth

muth More than a poop!

The TFV4 Clapton deck looks like that. When did the Russian V3 come out? I've never had a Russian. You really like them?

16. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I have another Russian, not sure if v1 or v2, but yes, really like as a small air mtl vape. Not sure when the 3 came out, and to early for a verdict. Only bitch so far is it's very big. Tall, and really heavy. That never bothers me much though.

17. muth

muth More than a poop!

How would you compare it to the Kayfun?

18. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Extremely close. Tiny bit tighter draw, little less vapor, maybe a tiny bit more flavor.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. muth

muth More than a poop!

I remember when they came out. So expensive! I knew I wasn't getting one. But I guess the clones are pretty good now?

20. TheWestPole

It was testing out fine with your first build, right? Reverse the steps of your rebuild until you find the short, assuming it's a short, or whatever else is causing the problem.