1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Weekends food

Discussion in 'BBQ and Cooking' started by Pearlzeng, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Pearlzeng

Pearlzeng More than a blip! Vendor

Last weekend has great lunch with friends. We got up early and took 1.5 hours subway, just want to have a great lunch at the most famous restaurant in Shenzhen: Green Tea restaurant.

I like the Green tea roasted pork, ice cream bread, blueberry Dioscorea opposita, Green tea roasted fish, Green tea roasted chiecken, preserved egg with tofu~~very tasty!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Roguexx

Roguexx blippy blipperson

The ice cream bread looks very interesting

3. moecat

moecat No sodding blips to give

Pearl, that looks a lot more interesting than what I had over the weekend.

Here in the US, P.F. Chang's is kind of a big deal, but in reality does not compare to a smaller, more unknown but more authentic restaurant in San Francisco's Chinatown (for example).

Now P.F. Chang's opened a new chain of restaurants that serve more basic and affordable dishes ... Pei Wei Asian Diner (www.peiwei.com). This is where my family had dinner over the weekend. Very fresh food, but tends to be overly salty.

4. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Puts my turkey sandwich to shame :(

But I agree that the bread ice cream looks different. Is the bread some sort of sweet bread that is baked to act like a bowl?

If so we have something similar here but with waffles that are sort of flattened and baked.

[​IMG]

5. Ozone

Ozone RIP Nov 9, 2015 Rest In Peace

No pics, Friday started my Italian beef, yes I have Portaillos recipe, for a few friends Saturday, only cooked 7 lbs. Sunday, it was the norm, 20oz. Ribeye and twice baked tater, salad.

6. Pearlzeng

Yes, The bread is just baked from oven and you can make the bread to dip with some icecream. Tastes wonderful. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

7. Pearlzeng

haha, seems nice, Kung pao Chicken, we often have that dishes in China. lol. Yes, sometimes, the Cinese dishes will be more salty. People in Some area prefer spicy and salty dishes. And so do I. haha~~ :D

8. Pearlzeng

the outside Toast is hard and crisp, have no idea why they can stick with other and shaped like a square bowl, but the middle bread in toast is very soft. :lol: :lol:

9. Pearlzeng

I like beaf~~especially the beafsteak. The friday before last week, we had one steak restaurant have 50% off activity, for three days,so My friends and I went to have cheap steak for 2 dinners. But tastes great, better than I had in university. And I ate a lot, My frien ordered one t-bone steak, but she is not skiilful at cutting, So she wastes a lot. :( :(

our steak doesn't look very tasty in appearance. lol.

Attached Files:

10. InMyImage

Ok, that is an interesting combination... steak and eggs are common enough here in the Midwest and Southern US that I understand the combination, but noodles and is that gravy?

Oh and the steaks look just fine :)

11. Pearlzeng

yes, noodles and black pepper gravy

12. Roguexx

Roguexx blippy blipperson

Steak is steak. Always good. @inmyimage. I worked at a dairy queen for six years. When the waffle bowls cane out were a pain in the ass lol. You would get over zealous make a bunch of waffle and not sell them. Then a small batch and all of a sudden your yelling for someone to go make waffles lol.

We don't have anything like ice cream bread that I know of pearl. But you can never go wrong with a nice hot Apple dumpling.

13. Cruel-Phate

Cruel-Phate Bronco blip!

Hi Pearl, that food actually looks really tasty, "the Green tea roasted chicken is making me hungry :) So are those dishes considered traditional Chinese cuisine? Forgive me if I am way off, not trying to insult.....the ice cream bread looks good to, is that like a pudding?

14. Pearlzeng

Wow, you worked at DQ for 6 years? I love the ice cream in DQ, always use the points in my credit card to buy one~~haha :lol: :lol:

15. Pearlzeng

yes, few of them are Chinese traditional dishes, but not all~~no, just toast and bread...

16. InMyImage

Damnit. Now you have me thinking about a nice slice of warm apple pie smothered in vanilla bean ice cream.

17. Donald Bickers

Donald Bickers Banished Blip Vendor

Roasting a whole chicken
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    about an hour or so the cooked bird

18. Donald Bickers

half way there
    [​IMG]

19. Donald Bickers

All done,,,,,,mmmm good
    [​IMG]

20. muth

muth More than a poop!

Ha ha, Pearl. How old was your preserved egg? I had one in Japan many years ago. I will not tell you how old it was until you tell me how old yours was. They told me it was buried in the ground.