Vapor Emporia

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ghost62, Mar 20, 2018.

1. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Hi guys!
    Ok, so if you're here, you followed my post from one of the other subforums.
    Cool.
    Thanks.
    The first review I want to post is for FAQ's Miss Samoa https://vapor-emporia-findlay.myshopify.com/products/faq-vapes-miss-samoa

Y'all know I'm rabid about Ohio State Football. It's my favorite time of the year. I bleed Scarlet and Gray.
    My second favorite time of the year? Time for Girl Scout cookies. My family has personally sent dozens of young ladies to camp just for knocking on my door. I buy the dang things by the truckload.
    It's my weakness.
    I spent almost eight years as a catering chef and still the best thing I've ever eaten is Samoa Girl Scout cookies. Seriously. Gotta be Girl Scout Samoas. True, Keebler sells the same exact thing and I can drive 2 minutes to Walmart and buy them year round but there is just something about the true Samoas.
    Maybe it's the anticipation. Maybe it's the knowledge that I'm doing something good for our nation's youth. Dunno, but there is no substitute for the real thing.
    So, needless to say, I've spent years trying to find (or make) the perfect Samoa cookie vape. When I was into DIY I came close. Darn close. I made 200ml of the best coconut/caramel/cookie juice I'd ever had. I was in heaven.
    Then I tried to make it again. :(
    Nope. Just wasn't the same. I don't know if it was my notes, the way the planets were aligned or just dumb luck with the first batch but I could never duplicate it.
    To test out our new online ordering system, I ordered a 3mg bottle of FAQ's Miss Samoa and, I have to admit, my expectations weren't high. I've tried different vendors and am always disappointed.
    Is it the perfect Girl Scout Samoa?
    No.
    Is it the closest I've found since making the Holy Grail DIY batch?
    Yup. Without a doubt.
    It could benefit from a touch more sweetener and a bit more of the milk chocolate flavor but the coconut, caramel and cookie flavors shine through in a nicely balanced vape.
    I hate reviews that people write when they first get something. I wanna know how it's going to stand the test of time, so to speak. I've vaped approximately 25ml of the 60ml bottle in both a tank (TFV12 on a 200w regulated at 160w) and on a dripper powered by a mech and the flavor holds true.
    20180320_135959.jpg 20180320_140008.jpg

Conclusion:
    The best I've ever had? No. The vape gods smiled on me with one perfect batch that nothing has ever matched.
    The best I've ever ordered? ABSOLUTELY!
    Will I order it again? Already did. Got another bottle on the way. :banana:

https://vapor-emporia-findlay.myshopify.com/products/faq-vapes-miss-samoa

2. muth

muth More than a poop!

Okay, so I might just have to try it. I love caramel but have yet to find my Holy Grail of caramel. I've also been fooling around with coconut flavors. Btw, do you remember what caramel you used in your own Holy Grail? I'd be very curious to know.

3. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Caramel Candy from Flavor West, if memory serves...

4. muth

muth More than a poop!

I haven't used that one but I've used Salted Caramel (FW). Wreaks havoc on your coils, though.

Idk if you still mix but my next caramel is going to be Toffee Caramel by Hangsen; a strong recommendation by another mixer. I'm always searching for that Werther's Original hard candy flavor but nothing seems to do it. And what others like seems to taste like burnt chemicals to me, even at low percentages.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  5. ghost62

There is bit of smokiness/brown sugar vibe to it but not overpowering if used in moderation. Dial it back in any recipe cuz you can always add more later.

6. ghost62

Freemax-Fireluke-Mesh-tank_1_large.jpg
    Review
    Freemax Fireluke Mesh tank

I'll admit it - if a review starts out with "Today, I got..." I don't waste my time. Too many times, I've loved a product right out of the box only to have its quirks or design flaws wear on me after a while
    Therefore, when I review something, I've had it long enough to put it through its paces and see how its functionality holds up over time.
    With that said, on to the review...

I've had my Fireluke Mesh subohm tank for just over 6 weeks now. Loved it day one and still love it but that's not to say it doesn't have a drawback or two.
    First, the good.
    The good is REALLY good- flavor. It is up there with the Aspire Cleito and Cleito 120. Not quite, but darn close and, for me, that's saying a lot. The first liquid I ran through it was an 80/20 fruity liquid (Tiki God by O'Malley's Diner) and the second was (is) Enso Green- a smooth mint.
    The break in period was almost nonexistent with great flavor from the first hit through the life of the coil.
    Which leads me to the second of the 'REALLY good' characteristics- coil life. I'm used to a coil lasting 2 weeks but the 0.15 mesh coil was still going strong on the Tiki God at 3 1/2 weeks. The only reason I changed it was that I wanted to try a different liquid in the tank. It could have easily gone to four, maybe four and a half weeks.
    Next, leak resistance. No tank can ever be COMPLETELY leak free under all conditions but Freemax had come extremely close. I HAVEN'T HAD A SINGLE DRIP FROM THE AIRFLOW. Not one. None.
    Wide open, the tank has a nice, airy draw which appeals to me as an RDA user but can be choked down to suit any style
    So many tanks these days look like a mish mash of angles and curves and wild designs so I am digging the clean, simple lines of the tank. It's fairly squat and the base diameter is billed as 24mm but, in reality, is a shade closer to 24.5mm.
    Top fill. Yup. Straightforward, simple with wide slots to accommodate broad tip droppers.
    You can swap out the 810 drip tip if you want but the matching stock one is smooth and comfortable.
    Heat? Nope. The tank and tip stay cool even when chain vaping.
    The price is very attractive coming in at under $30 from most vendors, a few dollars more from B&M shops. By the time you pay shipping, it's a wash so get it from your local shop and support the community.

Now for the downside.
    This one isn't too bad, but it is a slight negative- You can't 'hot swap' the coils. It has to be completely empty or you'll lose whatever liquid is in the tank. Again, not a biggie since you won't be changing the coils often.
    3ml capacity. And you can only vape about 2/3 of the tank before needing to refill because the coil needs to stay completely, COMPLETELY saturated or it starts to wander into dry hit territory. I'm not confident having it as my only tank when I'm out running errands.
    Hopefully, an extension kit won't be long in coming.

IMO, the Freemax Fireluke Mesh is one of the most capable, satisfying tanks to come out in quite a while.
    Just buy 2 so ya don't run dry ok?

Edit: Walked into the shop today and the owner dropped off the new 5ml fishbowls for the tank. Woo Hoo!!!!
    Now it's an unreserved 5 Stars!!!

Last edited: May 17, 2018