1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

VAPING BLIPS STAY OR MOVE (and start all over)?

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by muth, Dec 18, 2019.

?

Are You Willing to Pay $10 Annually?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hello everyone. I would like to get an idea of how many members would be willing to pay $10 annually in order to stay put. That would require all 60 active members to pitch in. Or else fewer members willing to pay a bit more.

Personally, I like the idea of being on a forum that doesn't invade your privacy with 3rd Party Cookies. The simplicity of VB keeps privacy invasion at a minimum. I always felt secure here with @ghost62 manning the helm. Of course, we all have history here and sentiment plays a big part pulling on my heart strings.

On the other hand, they're may be some of you who feel differently and may want to start anew. I'll get on with the poll and hopefully this thread can serve as a central place to discuss our thoughts and make decisions about our future. Thank you for taking the time to read this and offering your opinions and polling decision.

2. Bigdaddybrink1

Bigdaddybrink1 Recovering Alcoholic blip

Hell ill pay!!
    I enjoy the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  3. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hey Big Daddy:)That's great! There's a donate button on the top right. I'm hoping we can get this organized as a yearly event so we're not scrambling and wondering throughout the year. Hopefully @InMyImage will be by and let us know how we're doing on the funds for this quarter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Reddhott

Reddhott A reddhot mess of a blip! Contest Organizer

well the site isnt secure but i think its a good place...but i think its gonna be more than that..what did bill amount for a year come to> he said he was lookin for a cheaper site >>> just askin

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. muth

muth More than a poop!

It costs $150 per quarter (may have gone up). He said he was going to talk to the host about a cheaper plan.

The site is secure. I asked @ghost62 about that (the http thing in the URL). Not to fear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. muth

muth More than a poop!

Back to work. I'll check in later.

7. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Totally agree on making one yearly contribution....like we did at ECF. That way not guessing about what to pay and when to pay it.

Even if not secure....there is no info stored on here that would be of use to hackers. Our personal info...and credit card/bank info is not here.

Is Ghost willing to continue being our Forum Supreme Being? (FSB for short) He has done a fine job, and we all need to thank him.

Thanks, Muth, for taking the time to do this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  8. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Great idea and I'm in for sure.

9. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

I went ahead and did a $10 donation. It would be great if enough people would be able to do that and it would cover a year!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Yes, absolutely. And honestly, I wouldn't mind if Bill started taking paid ads from vape vendors. I'm on another forum (run by a couple people) that does that and Ad Block is free and works just fine if you don't want to see the ads.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Supreme Being?
    Well that's a first!
    I've been called many things but never that.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Donald Bickers

Donald Bickers Banished Blip Vendor

Thanks MRSPivey

13. Donald Bickers

Donald Bickers Banished Blip Vendor

I went ahead and donated 10 bucks also,im dont post alot,but i check in daily,hate to lose this place
    Everybody please donate:cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  14. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

I am happy to donate an annual 'fee' to keep this place. We just need someone to orchestrate it, so that we don't suddenly come up short. Absolutely not fair to @InMyImage to have been paying for it, especially considering he hasn't been able to be active on the forum. IMO, if he gets more than what is required to keep it these next three months (that he just paid), he should keep any overages and we should pay to keep it going.

@ghost62 - is there a way to have a 'membership' fee? That would prompt people to pay their share to stay a member? If there are any peeps who cannot afford the fee, but still want to be a member, I'm sure some of us could pitch in. There just needs to be some kind of system.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  15. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

100% agreed from me.

16. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Agree!

17. muth

muth More than a poop!

Your welcome. He explained that in order to have an https URL we would have to buy a security certificate which is expensive and renewed from time to time, I believe. He then went on to explain his efforts with the website and why it's secure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

I've been mulling over your membership suggestion for a bit this evening, weighing the pros and cons.
    While it does solve one problem, it creates others. It adds additional cost and complexity that I'm not sure is to our advantage.
    Software for accepting and tracking payments and granting /denying access, processing fees, potential sales and income taxes, a secure server... All of that adds up and could easily double, or even triple, the cost per member.
    Personally, I feel an 'honor system' membership is more in line with the ideals VB represents- basically, at agreed upon intervals, I would send out reminders via email and private message and each member would use the existing PayPal portal.
    It would require Bill to keep me informed how much we need each cycle and I would let you all know where we stand and if additional contributions are needed.
    I'm sure there are plenty more details to work out, but that's my initial take.
    Ideas and input are more than, MORE THAN, welcome. Vaping Blips is all of us.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  19. muth

muth More than a poop!

Thanks for explaining all of that, ghost. You're a very knowledgeable fella':D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. muth

muth More than a poop!

This near death experience has awakened my senses! It's helped me appreciate more, all of you. "You don't know what you got till it's gone." I also remembered that we lost two members here and their memories live on in these pages. RIP Ozone and Tavers13 (Rob). The AU was created by ms kelli back at VU until we were exiled by Vapor Joe for subordination. Those were some memorable moments scrambling around trying to figure out what to do then @InMyImage stepped in and offered this forum. Till this day I don't know how the Beach got here! Or why? Maybe the beachers will tell me. All I remember is waiting for a plane to FL and watching all these members flocking in. I'm like, "Where are all these people coming from? This is amazing! It's an army!

I wanted to share my personal shakedown and also appreciate the fact that we have another option open to us so we don't have to panic. Two panics were enough for me. I'm getting too old for this, lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List