Vapers In Recovery

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Apr 7, 2015.

1. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

2. Bigdaddybrink1

Bigdaddybrink1 Recovering Alcoholic blip

Good evening ya'll!!

'When we retire at night, we constructively reivew our day. Where we resentful, selfish, dishonest or afriad? do we owe an apology? Have we kept something to ourselves which should have been discussed with anohter person at once? Were we kind and loving toward all? What could we have done beter? Were we thinking of oursleves most of the time? Or were we thinknig ofwhat we could do for others, of must be carefuly not to drift into worry, remorse or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to other. After making our review we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should have been taken.' pg 86 AA big book.

lg g3 tapatalk

3. 2BZ4THOT

2BZ4THOT Busy Blip

Sitting here unwinding and watching "Intervention" on A&E. It's really sad to view addiction from the outside in rather than vice versa. My heart really goes out to the families and especially the Parents. I'll Say a prayer tonight for the unknown addicts and for their folks..:(

4. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

5. Bigdaddybrink1

.taking more out of the AA Big Book:
    'On awakening let us tihink about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assuarance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Or thought-life will be placd on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.'
    page 86 fourth ed.

lg g3 tapatalk

6. ghost62

7. Bigdaddybrink1

Good evening yall

'When we retire at night, we constructively reivew our day. Where we resentful, selfish, dishonest or afriad? do we owe an apology? Have we kept something to ourselves which should have been discussed with anohter person at once? Were we kind and loving toward all? What could we have done beter? Were we thinking of oursleves most of the time? Or were we thinknig ofwhat we could do for others, of must be carefuly not to drift into worry, remorse or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to other. After making our review we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should have been taken.' pg 86 AA big book.

lg g3 tapatalk

8. ghost62

9. Bigdaddybrink1

Have a blessed day

.taking more out of the AA Big Book:
    'On awakening let us tihink about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assuarance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Or thought-life will be placd on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.'
    page 86 fourth ed.

lg g3 tapatalk

10. Barkt

Barkt More than a blip!

That reminds me a lot of a quote I like. Its from an Avett brothers song actually, but it was running through my head a lot before I made this attempt to quit

"Decide what you want to be and go be it"

11. Bigdaddybrink1

Early morning ya'll:

Taking more out of the AA Big Book:

page 86 fourth ed.

12. Bigdaddybrink1

13. ghost62

14. 2BZ4THOT

2BZ4THOT Busy Blip

Thanks to @ghost62 and @Bigdaddybrink1 for being good examples to those who may be considering a change in their lives. I respect how both of you guys deal with lifes struggles .Real change is hard and therefore it is rare. I respect it when I see it. Thanks for keeping it real- Dave

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Bigdaddybrink1

Thank you that means a lot!

16. Bigdaddybrink1

Good evening ya'll!!

Today reminds me of the AA Promises:
    If we a re painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regre the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellow.Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attidtude and outlook on life will change. Fear of people and economic insercurity will leave us. We will intuitively know ho to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize the God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfulled among us sometime quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.

17. ghost62

Thanks for your kind words and I appreciate it.
    Truth be told- it was change or die. I was an end stage alcoholic. My liver and kidneys were failing. I came out of a blackout with a gun pressed into my right eye and I was the one pulling the trigger. I continually put myself in situations where death was a distinct possibility.
    Only by the Grace of God, did I make it out.
    Still, it's nice to hear that someone can see in me the man I've worked to become.
    Have a wonderful night, my friend.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  18. Ozone

Ozone RIP Nov 9, 2015 Rest In Peace

Haven't vaped in 9 days. Failed with the self-medicating twice this week ! Yeah, I'm a sorry bastard !:rolleyes:

19. Bigdaddybrink1

Wouldn't go that far. We dont claim perfection. Its a program of progress. Sometimes people slip. As long as you learned where your breaking point is, and don't let it happen again!

lg g3 tapatalk

20. ghost62

Hang in there, ok?
    Figure out what you did wrong and resolve not to do it again.
    And reach out if ya need to.