1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Vapers In Recovery

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Apr 7, 2015.

1. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Post away, LD.
    You're presence here is ALWAYS both welcomed and appreciated.

BTW- THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE PRAYERS. THEY ACCEPTED THE OFFER ON THE HOUSE!!! :D

2. Bigdaddybrink1

Bigdaddybrink1 Recovering Alcoholic blip

Congrats ghost!

3. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Mazel tov, hermano. :? :D

4. kelli

kelli The original blip

awesome, mr. ghost! so happy for you and mrs. ghost :D

5. Bigdaddybrink1

Good nite ya'll. So happy for Ghost and family the offer on the house was accepted!! God bless you and your family Ghost!

When ya'll lay your head down tonite, remember the following AA prayer:

'When we retire at night, we constructively reivew our day. Where we resentful, selfish, dishonest or afriad? do we owe an apology? Have we kept something to ourselves which should have been discussed with anohter person at once? Were we kind and loving toward all? What could we have done beter? Were we thinking of oursleves most of the time? Or were we thinknig ofwhat we could do for others, of must be carefuly not to drift into worry, remorse or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to other. After making our review we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should have been taken.' pg 86 AA big book.

Can't wait to see ya'll on the BD2!!!

6. kelli

kelli The original blip

sweet dreams, bigD :)

7. Bigdaddybrink1

i wish. i'm at work till 7am. but thx!!

sweet dreams to you!!

8. Bigdaddybrink1

Good morning all!!!! taking more out of the AA Big Book:
    'On awakening let us tihink about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assuarance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Or thought-life will be placd on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.'
    page 86 fourth ed.

lg g3 tapatalk

9. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

10. ghost62

Sorry for the late posting- been dealing with house issues all day.
    Long story short, we aren't buying it.
    Had our contractor/remodeler go with us to the house. All four foundation walls are bowed in badly and rather than fix it right, they hid it behind finished walls.
    It's an estate sale so the executor didn't technically misrepresent the property because he had no idea...
    Almost $18,000 to fix it right...
    Oh well, wasn't meant to be.

11. Barkt

Barkt More than a blip!

I haven't ever done an official recovery program, AA, NA or otherwise. However, as surprised as I am that I even want to talk about this, this seems like a friendly place to get it off my chest. Sorry if its long, but I guess this venting is sort of what a thread like this is for.

I am in the very early stages of quitting drinking. For about 12 years now I've been what you could consider a multiple substance addict. Started innocently as everyone does smoking pot at 14. From there I moved on to pills, specifically opiates. Dabbled for a while but ended up with a pretty serious oxycodone addiction that lasted for a 3 or 4 years. Did that up until last march when I moved across state and there for lost all connections as to where to get them

For about a month I was hopeful, thinking maybe it was behind me, but then I discovered alcohol. Started with a drink or two a day but within 2 months I was at a 2/3 of a fifth of whiskey a night. Looking back I'm surprised I was able to function at my job every morning as well as I did. It caused the usual relationship problems with my girlfriend as it should have. The fact that she put up with me should put her up for canonization.

It all culminated exactly a week ago today. She and I got into a big fight (about my drinking) and I woke up the next day realizing I had drank a 12 pack and a 5th of Evan Williams in 4.5 hours. I woke up the next day and have never been more ashamed/scared in my life. The only thought that went through my head was "you're better than this", which was honestly the first time I'd ever formed that thought about any of my substance problems.

So here I am now, 7 days without a drop. My sleep has been shitty, but luckily I haven't experienced too much in the way of physical or depression problems. Irritability and flares of anger are pretty frequent still, but at least I'm lucid enough now to understand why they're happening and keep them in check

As crazy as it sounds, vaping has been a big part of helping me through this week. I've stayed up until two in the morning building crazy coils that ill never use and reading about DIY juices which I'll finally have the time/money/ambition to actually start doing. I'd also prowl around the VU at all hours of the night answering questions for people so that at least id have the feeling of doing something helpfuI. know I'm nowhere near out of the woods yet, but I can say I've never been this optimistic. For the first time in my life and my multiple quitting attempts the idea of thinking forward and saying "No more drinks ever" instead of just "Maybe just no more tonight. Or maybe only weekends" isn't terrifying. I'm not a religious man but the only way I can express it is to say I'm praying I can hang on as long as necessary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

Welcome @Barkt .
    I'm sure there are many here that can offer words of wisdom.
    I've not been through any programs either but I will certainly add you to my prayers.
    Congratulations on your first week!

13. 2BZ4THOT

2BZ4THOT Busy Blip

“I have found that the process of discovering who I really am begins with knowing who I really don't want to be.”
    Alcoholics Anonymous

14. ghost62

Hitting bottom is a tough, but necessary step in recovery from alcoholism/addiction and the support of others that have been there can be the difference between success and failure.
    I'm not pushing anything-I promise- but my using was a symptom of deeper issues. Working a 12 Step program has helped me overcome many of them and I didn't know I could even be this happy with the person I am today.
    Quitting is a big step and you are certainly to be commended. It's hard to quit but it's harder to stay 'quit' so if you feel like using again, please reach out to someone.
    Please.
    And I'm glad you're here

15. Bigdaddybrink1

sorry ghost!!

16. Bigdaddybrink1

Good evening ya'll!!

'When we retire at night, we constructively reivew our day. Where we resentful, selfish, dishonest or afriad? do we owe an apology? Have we kept something to ourselves which should have been discussed with anohter person at once? Were we kind and loving toward all? What could we have done beter? Were we thinking of oursleves most of the time? Or were we thinknig ofwhat we could do for others, of must be carefuly not to drift into worry, remorse or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to other. After making our review we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should have been taken.' pg 86 AA big book.

17. Bigdaddybrink1

sounds like your in the right place. I hit rock bottom while sitting in jail......I'm sober now 1 year 10 months.

Imma pull a paragragh outta the AA big book. Love this paragraph it was me. Sounds like you can relate. BTW, find the things that are similar, not different. last paragraph on 82.

The alcoholic is like a tornado roaring his way through the lives of others. Hearts are broken. Sweet relationships are dead. Affections have been uprooted. Selfish and inconsiderate habits have kept the home in turmoil. We feel a man is unthinking when he says soberity is enough. He is like a farmer who came up out of his clclone cellar to find his home ruined. To his wife, he remarked, 'Don't see anything the matter here, Ma. Ain't it grand the wind stopped blowing'?"

18. Barkt

Barkt More than a blip!

Thank you for the quote. In really do see a lot of myself in it.

I just want to say, although no one here has made me feel that I need to, but I have no personal qualms with the AA program. I have seen it work wonders for friends of mine, so while it may not be for everyone, its solid. I just have a really hard time discussing these things in person sometimes. Its been that 'dirty secret' I've hid for so long and I'm not sure I'm ready to let it out completely, although I know that one day I will if I hope to be healthy.

I'm sorry your recovery came about because of such a hard fall, but its a silver linings thing. For as bad as I feel about what I've done and as bad as I'm feeling know paying penance for it, I truly am lucky that I didn't have to hit rock bottom to finally get the message. I've fucked up a lot of things, but the core of my life has stayed solid (more through sheer luck than my own work). I'm thankful that core is still there because it helps not only to soften the blow but to give me some people I can trust to lean against for support.

19. Bigdaddybrink1

Oh, I've fucked my life up hard. I tell you, at first while I was in jail, I realized my problem. I knew I had one, but didnt admit it. I was 'in jail', work release but still jail. I'm glad it happened now. Not HOW, or WHY, but glad it did. It was my eye opening experience that made me want to get sober. My story is not near as bad as some, and a lot worse than others.

As far as 'discussing' you dont have to discuss anything in group. Simply your name. Most give first only. My home group, I give first and last. I'm not ashamed to be in AA. I'll tell anyone who asks. But thats me. When your ready, you'll know!!

20. Bigdaddybrink1

Rise and shine!!

Good morning all!!!! taking more out of the AA Big Book:
    'On awakening let us tihink about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assuarance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Or thought-life will be placd on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.'
    page 86 fourth ed.