1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Vapers In Recovery

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Apr 7, 2015.

1. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

2. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

Congratulations, West :D

4. muth

muth More than a poop!

"If you can't help an addict, don't hurt an addict".

My counselor said those words to me when others were giving me a hard time about my recovery.

Ghost, I hope your sad memories have turned into a rock solid determination for the future. I like what Byter said.

5. ghost62

6. ghost62

Helping an addict is a very, very narrow path- you gotta make them want to help themselves. However, the road to hurting an addict is broad and deceptive.
    Probably the easiest, most insidious way is to enable our lifestyle.
    Our families may call it love- loaning money, bailing us out, lying for us, making ultimatums and then not sticking to them- even telling us that it's going to be ok. All of these things allow an addict to continue down the path to ruin.
    The greatest act of love my family ever showed me was turning their backs on me, making me hurt, giving me no place to turn.
    It was only then that I wanted to change...
    And yes, thank you muth, the foundation that I have built is a good one and the future that I see is one full of hope and love.
    I used to worry about the lies I'd told catching up with me, the people I'd screwed over catching up with me, my life catching up with me. Today, literally TODAY, I'm worrying whether the offer we made on a home will be accepted.
    Big change, huh?

Have a fantastic day!

7. ghost62

8. ghost62

9. ghost62

10. kelli

kelli The original blip

hi mr. ghost. hope you are having a good day, dear. :)

11. ghost62

To those of you that pray- please say one for my family and I. We've been house hunting and found one we really, really like but there are more buyers than houses in our price range.
    We've lost four already because they are getting snatched up the second they hit the market.
    Pray that we get this one.
    Thanks!

12. ghost62

Thanks, hon.
    I hope your day is going great as well!

13. Bigdaddybrink1

Bigdaddybrink1 Recovering Alcoholic blip

Ghost, consider this done. Remember, 'thy will, not mine, be done.' It will happen when its supposed to!!
    for your sake i hope it happens for this one!!!

14. Bigdaddybrink1

Good evening folks. I'm sitting at work thinking of how much my life's changed since I got sober. Then one of my favorite quotes came to mind.

“When I stopped living in the problem and began living in the answer, the problem went away.”

15. Bigdaddybrink1

Not trying to step on toes, but @ghost. how's this too: for a nightly post:
    Most of us always think morning prayer, that's what we gotta do. As my sponsor told me when I first got into AA. You gotta pray at night. The AA big book gives the prayer, on page 86 in the 3rd and 4th editions. While this is not my night, it is most peoples. Here is a thought before you lay your head down to rest:

'When we retire at night, we constructively reivew our day. Where we resentful, selfish, dishonest or afriad? do we owe an apology? Have we kept something to ourselves which should have been discussed with anohter person at once? Were we kind and loving toward all? What could we have done beter? Were we thinking of oursleves most of the time? Or were we thinknig ofwhat we could do for others, of must be carefuly not to drift into worry, remorse or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to other. After making our review we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should have been taken.' pg 86 AA big book.

16. Bigdaddybrink1

sorry ghost, I love this paragraph for every morning!! not tryin to step on your toes!!

Good morning all!!!! taking more out of the AA Big Book:
    'On awakening let us tihink about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assuarance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Or thought-life will be placd on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.'
    page 86 fourth ed.

17. ghost62

18. ghost62

Post, post, post, my friend. You're most assuredly NOT stepping on my toes- quite the opposite in fact!
    It's my hope that people will share, support and inspire each other.
    Have a Blessed day and thanks for the prayers!

19. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

For those with problems sleeping, I find this is a great help. Getting on a good faith basis with life before bedtime can be quite calming. It also seems to pass a hint along to the unconscious to guide dreams positively. :)

20. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

I hope you don't mind my posting here because I'm not in or have been in "recovery". I probably should have been at one time but thank God I survived it all. I can't remember the last drink I had but that is not to say I won't again either but I certainly have limits where at one time I didn't.

I just want you to know that I read here and add to my prayers as needed. Each and everyone of you should be proud.