Top DIY Coil Builders Beaucoup Eye Candy

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Rebuildables' started by neojuice, Apr 13, 2015.

1. neojuice

neojuice PiL b

2. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Love the title of your thread. :)

3. moecat

moecat No sodding blips to give

Very cool to look at, but too intricate and time consuming for someone like myself (impatient and mostly thumbs) to attempt.

4. GFrost

GFrost blips on parade

Has anyone here attempted a jig saw coil? I've tried and it never comes close to looking like this
    [​IMG]

5. muth

muth More than a poop!

Heck no but I saw this in another thread here. Is there any advantage to the coil design or is it pure aesthetics? I can't figure out where the wicks begin and end! Has anyone just made regular coils but wick them like this? I'm just discombobulated by those wicks :?

6. muth

muth More than a poop!

Just looked at the first link, wiretheory. You think she has professional jewelry making skills or something? I might join one of these groups just to learn about these builds. What are the advantages of such elaborate coils? Do they really make your vape better? So many questions!

7. neojuice

neojuice PiL b

Here's the impetus:

Here's a new high quality vid. People are starting to do this stuff now.

wiretheory is almost certainly a jewelry builder, your observation is correct

The incredible thing about these builds is that they can come in at about .2 or higher ohms and can fire at 4 volts so they're perfect for mechs, boxes, and regulateds at low or high watts. In general, the multi strand metal coils wick and hold the juice so much more than just one little wrap.

RDAs that run these fancy coils are in high demand. The Petri, the Zephyr Buddha, Mutx v3, Vesuvius, El Cabron, and anything with a large build deck and large post holes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  8. muth

muth More than a poop!

Thanks, neo, now I'm starting to get it. Although, I see you can go through a lot of juice with some of these.

9. neojuice

neojuice PiL b

10. neojuice

neojuice PiL b

This is what a 'chewy' vape looks like. The second pull tells the tale; there's actually vapor clouds inside of other vapor clouds. It's not just dense vapor. The vapor is so dense that you're tempted to bite through it with your teeth to test the density, hence the name 'chewy vape'.

11. muth

muth More than a poop!

Oh yay! I've been curious about the braided coils and here you have posted it. Thx neo:D

12. muth

muth More than a poop!

Woo hoo! Ur the best. I love this stuff. I always like those dense, milky clouds, so I can't wait to see this one.

13. muth

muth More than a poop!

neo, this braided coil would be perfect for what I'm looking for. I lose TH because of my low nic content. I don't have a heavy enough vice to do that. You think a good suction bottom vice would work? Have you tried this yet?