1. Origin Vapes Time For Giving Contest

Win Cubox AIO! Thanks ReddHott!!!

Contests, contests, contests!!!

Terminator/Smokeless Owl

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by muth, Aug 5, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

Calling all @TheWestPole ! Seeing that you found those pics of the Terminator, do you see areas of improvement? I was thinking....the negative battery terminal could be swapped out for a copper contact. I've never seen a contact like the one that's on it. The switch pin? Could that also be swapped out for copper? Then there is the wire. I can tell you that it's not stranded copper. It's maybe aluminum? IDK, help!

2. muth

muth More than a poop!

BTW, I put a build on my new Velocity w/BF pin and it's already better. But can it be even betterer:rolleyes:?

3. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Hey, Muth. First troubleshoot, then fix.

Looks like weak spots could be the lower spring loaded battery contact (small spring loaded are often weak contacts) and/or the switch. The easy way to tell is jump over those points with a wire and see if the atty fires better.

Try jumping the the lower battery contact first. Put one end of the wire firmly against the battery and the other firmly against the top plate of the mod, then press the switch.

On the switch, if wiggling the switch while it's firmly depressed tends to help how it fires, you've got issues there.

See where the worst contact problem is and I can recommend fixes. (Don't worry about whether material is aluminum, brass or copper. The difference in conductivity is negligible.)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  4. muth

muth More than a poop!

Thank you, Tim. I just tried wiggling the switch (it really doesn't wiggle much) and that doesn't seem to be a problem. With the Velocity on it it's hitting much harder, also. I'll try jumping like you said.

5. TheWestPole

If wiggling while firmly depressed doesn't change how hard it hits, that means the metal switch post is making decent contact with that metal washer it slides through. Good, leave it. Only thing you might do is make sure the end of the switch post, which touches the battery, is nice and smooth and flat. Smoother, flatter surface contacting the battery means better conductivity.

6. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hi @TheWestPole I just realized this post was here from 2 years ago! So.....receiving my 20700 batts I can tell you they fit nicely lengthwise inside the Terminator. I will have to do some finagling to fit the width for the batt door to slide in. I'll post some pix to show what I mean. All in all, I think I can do this conversion, improvement, or whatever you want to call it. I have the Varitube and just need some new wire for the connection. Whenever you have time to send some wood "slivers" I think I'm ready. 3 mm would be good, if you can. I bet you can just send it in a letter envelope, no? Thx, again, for the offer.

7. TheWestPole

Thanks for the reminder. Things have been really busy...

8. muth

muth More than a poop!

Not a problem, whenever you can do it.