Syringes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by muth, Jan 3, 2017.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

Out of all the syringes I own, only one performs flawlessly every time. It's made in Denmark and I did a little research: It's made by BAXA ExactaMed and can be found on Amazon, Ebay and other sites. They're available in all sizes and graduations but I have not seen one with a luer lock, if that's important to you. They are latex free, oral syringes and never stick.

Since I own luer lock needles or blunt tips I had to create my own collar in order to fit the tip securely to the syringe. There is an old trick using a moistened, thin strip of U.S. paper money. Wrap it around the slip tip enough to tightly secure the needle tip. Of course, it would be ideal to have a needle compatible with a BAXA slip tip. If you know where I can find one, please let me know. Thx.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Good tip, Karen. :) I've used a bunch of brands. So far I like Duda Energy industrial syringes best, also at Amazon. Printing holds up, so does smooth operation, and they have a luer taper. All sizes.

www.amazon.com/Duda-Energy-Syringepk001-Industrial-Syringes/dp/B00NDETMR2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483513964&sr=8-2&keywords=duda+energy+syringe

I also recently got some bigger needles, 12 ga and lower. What a difference with thick juice. :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. muth

muth More than a poop!

Great info @TheWestPole , thx. I almost thought of splurging on a glass syringe.

Where did you get the low ga needles for a luer taper and are they blunt tips?

4. TheWestPole

First ordered a set of these to see which sizes were best.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LM8LTTO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then ordered a set of these longer ones. Waiting for them to come in.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017GS2S3U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1GAXWDENNA5P5

I'm sure I could part with a few if you like to try them. 10/12 ga is what I use for filling tanks and squonk bottles.

5. muth

muth More than a poop!

Wondering how most people handle using multiple flavors regarding syringes. Do you use a syringe per flavor or just plunge out with water and move on to the next flavor? I ask because someone mentioned cross contaminating flavors. I've just been giving my syringe a good couple of water plunges and wiping with a clean cloth.

6. TheWestPole

Same syringes, plunging with water a few times like you do.

7. muth

muth More than a poop!

Nice to be confirmed:)TY