SX mini M class

Discussion in 'Regulated Mods' started by 2legsshrt, May 10, 2015.

1. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt New Member

Best mod on the market if you are interested in using Nickel wire.

2. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt New Member

If any of you have any questions about this mod let me know. I don't know everything about them but I do know some things that can help you get it to work perfectly. IMO much better then the DNA40. I have had both. Sold my rDNA have 2 SX's the M's and one S.

3. horton

horton Dedicated Poster

2legs is being quite modest. He has spent a great deal of time learning the ins and outs of the TC devices and is a fount of information. Please feel free to take advantage of him..... you will find he is very bashful..... NOT.....:D

4. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

OK I have questions...

First can you post a picture of this mod?
    Why do you have to use nickel wire?

I am just curious, not in the market for any mods at this time but who knows about the future.

5. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt New Member

[​IMG]Well first off I will say this is definately an advanced user device. The reason for nickel wire is it is the only wire that is near non resistance and has the largest change in resistance with heat applied of any wire. That is how these devices measure temperatures through a measurement in the change of resistance. So far nickel is the only wire that has these properties that they can get a fairly accurate reading to pridict the temperature. They are up and coming. Nickel wire is harder to work with and when you wrap a coil with this device the optimal resistance is .065 ohms so you can see the difference between this and kanthal. Kanthal with the same coil and gauge wire would come out about 1.5 ohms.

6. horton

horton Dedicated Poster

How long does a coil last? I'm probably the world's laziest vaper and I'm curious how often you have to replace the coil. While on coils, how long do wicks last? Does the temp control prevent burning the coils? I'm guessing it's more critical for a RDA vs a RTA?
    Ya see, 2legs, if you had just bought one for my birthday, I wouldn't have to be asking you these questions. I warned you......lol

7. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt New Member

I am changing my coil about once a week mainly because it is easier to change it when you rewick then to try to clean it for me at least. You can kind of tell when the wick needs changing heck it may be longer then a week and some people say they can clean them but since it is very hard to dry burn them without deforming them it is just easier to build a new coil takes maybe 20-25min to do it right. If its not right it won't work.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  8. horton

horton Dedicated Poster

A week's not bad. I though I saw people were changing almost daily and that would get old for me. I remember one fellow on another forum pretty much throwing up his hands in disgust he was having so much trouble with the Ni coils. Wonder if he ever figured them out???
    I would think the heat of dry burning would deform them -- once you have coil making down pat, it's just as easy to put in a new one like you say. Kanthal is so forgiving -- it fits my disheveled vaping style.....lol

9. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt New Member

With the rDNA40 I had my longest lasting coil was 24hrs. Others with more ability have been able to make them last quite a bit longer. Since the SX is very forgiving it helps greatly. For me using the Kanger STM it is really easy. It does take some experience with coil building that's why I say it is an advanced user device.

10. 2BZ4THOT

2BZ4THOT Busy Blip

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS.... Since this forum is still in it's infancy we haven't had a lot of "tech talk" yet...And i miss that part dearly. With time more folks like yourself will find their way here and that will change:). Anyways, I saw PBusardos go nuts over the regular SXmini a while back and then I saw him literally gush over the TC model...YIHI must have it really dialed in these days. Thanks for your thoughts and expertise - Dave

11. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt New Member

Yep and they are supposed to have a firmware upgrade by the end of the month that makes these 75w with one battery 150w with 2. Only makes a diff in power mode. If I don't have to have it to keep uploading up grades I'll pass on it I just don't need the extra power but for some it will be a plus. That's one big thing with these they are user upgradable.

12. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt New Member

Also PB's review of these kinda showed that he hadn't used them a lot in Joules mode. You don't have to crank them up to 50J to get a great vape. There are also people who are fanatics about hitting the recommended .065 build but it is not needed. I tried it with 26awg and it was too hot for me, I don't like a hot vape so I use 28awg at .088, thats where they come out everytime 7 wraps at 3mm. I use 410degrees and 18-20J and it hits temp perfect great taste not hot and if you use a juice that doesn't have tons of flavoring in it like with TFA I have one coil I know needs to be replaced because it is 10 days old but I just cranked it up to 420 and 23J and getting a great vape still. This thing never ceases to amaze me. You can customize your build and J and temp and air control to fit the kind of vape you like and once you find it you can duplicate it easily.

13. m00shie

m00shie Seriously Committed

Loving it with my newly-arrived Lemo 2!

[​IMG]

14. 2BZ4THOT

2BZ4THOT Busy Blip

I'm somewhat unclear as to why they chose to define its output in Joules? One Joule is 1 Watt-second so why not just stick to Watts as a means of expressing energy dispersed? Am I missing something?

15. m00shie

There is a possible valid reason for defining the value in joules or it's a marketing/legal ploy to differentiate themselves from being a copy cat of the DNA40 chip.

For me, I just set the numbers to where the sweet spot is and vape away :). All that matters to me is that the mod works and the vape it produces is awesome.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  16. 2BZ4THOT

2BZ4THOT Busy Blip

I think you may have a point there...IIRC, Evolv has a full patent on VW so perhaps it's just YIHI's attempt to bypass any infringement issues. It doesn't matter to me really..I've heard So many good things about the SX series that I'm seriously considering buying a couple. I really do believe that these major companies have been paying rapt attention to the Early test information concerning carbonyls and overheated wicks. I think that TC will be the standard in a years time. It seems there are just to many benefits for the technology not to become widely adopted. Props to Evolv for pioneering the Tech and Strong Notable mentions to Yihi for truly working out the kinks and producing a device that appears to be rock solid in its dependability.

17. m00shie

I am totally with you on this. TC give us more control to ensure we are vaping at a safe level and avoid getting all the unhealthy stuff from burnt cotton or liquid. The technology is still at its infancy stage but it will be a norm in the near future.

Like you, I truly respect Evolv for making a great idea into reality and Yihi for improving it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt New Member

Me too. The .065 fanatics are something also. Tried it didn't like it. I get a better vape at .088 with 28awg. .065 with 28awg had no flavor with 26awg was too hot. I am really happy right where I am at. That's the great thhing with thhis device you get it dialed in where it tastes great to you and you can duplicate it over and over. I have one coil that is 12 days old. I knew it needed rebuilt a few days ago but been really busy. Had to turn it up some but still tastes really good will rebuild today.

19. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt New Member

I agree but I am happy with just the way it works now. I am not looking for anything better. I love the taste the kind of vape you get and the way you can dial it in using different wires, all the controls, and the air flow control on the newer attys. I really couldn't ask for anything better.

20. moecat

moecat No sodding blips to give

I would like to see this mod accommodate a 26650 battery. Then I think Yihi will really have something for folks who will enjoy using this device for longer periods in between re-charging.