subtopic request

Discussion in 'I Need Help!!!' started by glassgrl, Apr 10, 2015.

1. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Can we get a Recipe section in the mixology/DIY part pretty please?

2. Bigdaddybrink1

Bigdaddybrink1 Recovering Alcoholic blip

3. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Oh, OK. I thought that was just for requests. We can put other recipes there too I guess. Still wandering around. :)

4. Bigdaddybrink1

idk. i put some recipes on there. i think if you request one, ppl will ans. if you have one. post it up. i did.....

5. Midniteoyl

Midniteoyl Seriously Committed

Sure.. put them in there.. People will have to look at the recipes before they ask for one :)

6. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

My intention for that section was for receipes to be split by the brand of ingredients or put into the "Other Flavor Brands" category.

7. Bigdaddybrink1

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

8. InMyImage

Let me know if you want to propose a different layout, I just threw it together and one thing that I always wished for was a way to easily find recipes based on the brand of flavors used to make them instead of having to open every friggin one of them until I found one that worked with what I had.

9. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

OK, got it. I think. :lol: I don't really do brand specific much, so I'll just stick those in 'other'.

10. InMyImage

Not sure if I said this already but... if you guys think that the DIY Juice section should be reorganized or split up differently, just let me know because it is easy to move things around and split forums or make new ones or even remove them.

11. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

I'd say it depends on how much activity is there. If there is lots of activity then it might get a little confusing. Here are my thoughts but certainly just that and not a request to change things.

Recipes need there own section to make it easier to find and not have to sift through a lot of talk to find. Many recipes use more than one brand. A recipe request thread could be in that section but should not be with recipes again to make it easier to find. I like to see the request thread stickied so it doesn't get lost.

Brand threads are generally used to discuss percentages etc. for that brand/flavor(s) and general discussion thread for social aspects.

Just my thoughts, see what the others want to do. I don't have any recipes of my own to add. I have a ton I use but I don't want to post others recipes. I need some clarification on this. Many of these are public elsewhere so it may be ok if credit is given to the creator but I am not sure.

12. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

Just another thought that confused me in the beginning...
    All things DIY consists of everything now not just juice.
    I do think DIY juice should be separate from equipment and not a sub forum in with it.

Just my opinion and it really doesn't matter how things are done... I can adapt!

13. InMyImage

I lumped the DIY Juice in with DIY hardware and such just because it seemed to logically make sense to me as a single section off the main page so it doesn't get so cluttered.

What I think I'm hearing might be desirable within the DIY Juice forum is something like:
    General Discussions
    Recipes
    Recipe Requests
    Flavorings (with sub-forums for each flavor brand)

Does that sound more like what you guys are looking for?

I'm completely flexible and just want to make things easy and logical. It really doesn't take but a couple of minutes to make changes like this even if a section already has threads, altough I Imight stick a thread in the wrong section when I'm modifying the forums, but as long as you let me know I can put them in the sub-forum they belong in.

14. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

+1 looks good to me Bill.

15. InMyImage

These changes are done. Let me know if you think there are any flavoring companies missing or additional sub-forums that make sense.

16. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I wouldn't mind if Inawera had it's own place, but no biggie.

17. InMyImage

Is there normally an abbreviation for Inawera?

18. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Didn't see this until now. It seems to be INW.

19. InMyImage

Done :D

20. InMyImage

Let me know if there are any threads that should be moved please.