Squonk pins, bottles, tubing, etc.

Discussion in 'All Things Squonk' started by TheWestPole, Jun 26, 2017.

1. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Posts coming soon...

2. muth

muth More than a poop!

:banana:

3. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

P4250007.jpg

4. muth

muth More than a poop!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. TheWestPole

6. TheWestPole

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. TheWestPole

These YFTK bottles are modeled after the Lukkos silicone bottles (ridiculous $) and are the nicest bottles I've ever had. Beautiful machined cap, perfect seal, crazy soft and durable silicone, which doesn't get all scratched up like polyethylene. The caps are a little wide on certain mods, otherwise they're pretty much standard dimensions for 7-8 ml. The included tubing is an odd size though, and your typical 2mm x 4 mm tubing won't seal correctly up top. For replacement use 2mm x 5mm or 1/16" x 3/16".

Expensive, but a real bargain compared to Lukkos.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...-replacement-dropper-bottle-for-sva-75w-style

Screenshot 2017-07-13 at 12.48.04 AM.png

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  9. TheWestPole

These are looking to be the closest direct replacement for Italian Supersoft bottles out there right now, and they're really cheap in comparison to the Italians ($6 each at Reos). Style and dimensions are the same, and a reviewer I trust says they're equivalent in softness. I've got some coming in and will follow up here with comments. If you've been tossing your lousy Frankenskull, Icarus, Hidra, Boxer, etc. clone bottles, these may be just the thing to replace them.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/8092501

Screenshot 2017-07-13 at 1.02.45 AM.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I got some of these delivered last week or so. Unbelievable how soft they are. Years of using the harder bottles, I'm afraid I'll automatically squonk too hard. What are you using these in, Tim?

11. TheWestPole

I only have a few so far, in woody Frankenclone and woody 20700.

The only application where the softness is excessive for me is with bottom loaders, especially those with needle connections which require some pressure to insert: Elite, Abaddon, and Vertex Triple conversions, and woody oval mod. Can't hold the bottle by the cap when inserting those, so you're more likely to spill a drop before getting a seal.

I can see how over-squonking might easier with very thin juice. With thick juice I appreciate the better feedback feel they give compared to more rigid bottles.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. TheWestPole

Followup:

After a week or so of use in a few different mods, I can recommend these as an alternative to Italian Supersoft. They are every bit as good at a small fraction of the price. Gonna order a 10-pack.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  13. TheWestPole

14. TheWestPole

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

What have you used them in? I bought these thinking they might be good to have around for...something.

16. TheWestPole

Can't remember ATM. Squonk pins get moved around a lot at Chez Pole. ;) But you know practically all RDA pins are either M2.5 or M3. Only other spec. to consider is head thickness and overall length. So I've been trying to post generic pins in both sizes. The rest is DIY.

Is there a RDA you're trying to adapt?

17. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

No, not at all. Just thought I'd file it away for future reference. I've pretty much given up on anything other than popping the pin in or out- since modifying them doesn't seem to be my strong suit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

• List
  19. TheWestPole

20. TheWestPole

• Like Like x 3