1. Support to VapingBlips...

Donate now to help VB continue to be your social and vaping home.Read more here...

2. New Contest - MFS Word Smash! Win $20 Credit!!!

Thank You Reddhott Contests, contests, contests!!!

3. 2017-2018 VB Fantasy Football

Let the Trash Talk Begin!!!

Purely Social

Squonk Mods: Recent, New, and Coming

Discussion in 'All Things Squonk' started by TheWestPole, Jun 26, 2017.

1. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

2. TheWestPole

FWIW, among the three cheapie plastic body mech squonkers I've checked out so far (Frankenskull, Hidra, Boxer) the Hidra has risen to the top for me. Granted, I modded the squonk window a bit to make it more comfortable, and have made a few different wood covers for aesthetic options. Still, it's machined POM body feels much more solid and sturdy than the others, never rattles, the firing action is short and true, and it has an adjustable squonk pin lacking in the others.

Hell, I might even get a white one in case I'm invited to a wedding.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  3. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

4. TheWestPole

5. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Well, first I said oh! and then I did the zoom and said eew. They look so unfinished. Coulda been really nice.
    Tim, do you think it's worth it to get one and finish it nicely?

6. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

And
    [​IMG]

7. TheWestPole

IF you like the (random) color/material you get, IF the machining is good, IF the doors fit nicely, exterior edges not chipped, etc... Could make that green one look beautiful, but what to do with the gaps and chips in the red one?

At that price lack of finishing doesn't put me off at all. It's easy, just takes a little time. Something they could never afford to put into it but you or I could. More a question of playing roulette, seems to me.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  8. TheWestPole

9. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Hmmm. Maybe resin for the gaps and chips? Neither of the colors shown put me off but with my luck on 'random' I'd get something yellow. Blech. Still...I'm going to think about that one. Well done stab wood squonkers are beautiful but the price tag means I'll never have one, I wouldn't use it and would be afraid of hurting it. lol

That little mech is a cutie! It does look well done. Can't think of a reason I'd want one either.

10. muth

muth More than a poop!

Too bad.....I love the looks of this little stubby but I can't think of a reason to buy it either. Maybe you could add one of your hocus pocus bottoms to it and make it long enough for an 18650. But, too much work, I suppose.

11. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Or a cute little 18350 squonker.

12. TheWestPole

13. TheWestPole

14. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

15. TheWestPole

I'm pretty full up too, still thinking too...

16. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

FT has these coming, a little less random- https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10040859/8841302-authentic-pilot-18350-mechanical-mod

17. TheWestPole

18. TheWestPole

19. TheWestPole

• Like Like x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  20. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Jumped on it huh? How do you like it?