1. Help Support to Vaping Blips This Holiday Season!

When Shopping on Amazon or eBay, Please Use the Links at the Right Side of Each Page

1. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

3F says it's zinc alloy and 150 grams, so it's solid but not light. Don't know the finish, probably paint, but no sharp edges means less prone to chipping. Hmmm. Hopefully the chip and wiring are solid.

2. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. So again this might not be the correct place for this. If i wanted to change the 510 on the box with another. Can you just go do it or is there more to it? It fits I think, what do i have to look out for/a tolerance would help.

4. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Tag @TheWestPole to get his attention and ask him. He's all the time fiddling with his squonks ;)

5. TheWestPole

You didn't say which mod, regulated, mech or whatever. It's generally pretty easy and straightforward, but depends on the mod.

6. It is my Sentorian Ram, it just doesn't fire anymore and the contact is being made. I have a feeling it is the wire loose. I played with it for a bit tonight, but had to clean a few tanks and mods I am gifting so I didn't get to far with it. I might just strip it and build one using the box. I do like the box.

7. TheWestPole

I'd test it with a voltmeter before changing anything, probes on center pin and body of the 510, mod firing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. TheWestPole

9. TheWestPole

10. TheWestPole

11. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I forgot, I did get this little thing in green (was on sale and I had a coupon). It's like vaping out of a plastic squirt gun. Sorta. Not to say it's bad, it's not really, but still toy-ish. Very light weight, the atty isn't half bad. The batt lasts a bit since it doesn't get a bunch of use, more of a quick-thing-can-I-stick-in-my-pocket-and-go. About 1/4" shorter and less width than a Pico. It's got a kind of variable voltage, 3.3, 3.6, 3.9, 4.2, and 4.5 are the choices. So far it doesn't leak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. TheWestPole

Freehand Gloom clone arrived today. Nice overall execution, solid, rattle free, and working just fine out of the box. Fingers crossed that the MOSFET/switch is durable, and no leaks develop from the spring loaded 510. Would have preferred a full mech version like the authentic offers, but beggars can't be choosers. Will update with any issues.

IMAG3072_picmonkeyed.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  13. TheWestPole

First hitch. Mod stopped firing. I was worried about a crap custom chip, but no. Took the 510 off and underneath I could see a single cracked solder point. Resoldered it and things are fine again.

Discovered two good things. The MOSFET setup is a standard chip wired to a resistor. If it ever burns out it can be replaced with an off the shelf part available anywhere. Also there was absolutely no leakage on the underside of the spring loaded 510.