Squonk Attys: Recent, New, and Coming

Discussion in 'All Things Squonk' started by TheWestPole, Jun 26, 2017.

1. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

SXK Hussar RDTA: Hands on First Impressions

http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...silver-316-stainless-steel-22mm-diameter.html

Converted the Hussar RDTA to BF as soon as I got it. (Link above is to the version with BF pin included.) Only been vaping for a half hour (kanthal 24g 3mm 5 wrap @ .5 ohm) and I love it. Warm vape, fantastic flavor. I can tell already that among the dozen or so bottom feed RDTAs I have, this one is definitely in the top tier for modest builds.

• Excellent SXK machining, fit and finish.
    • So small, no telling it's an RDTA from the outside.
    • Especially small, low chamber for great flavor.
    • Smooth AFC operation. I have it half open for slightly restricted DTL.
    • Easy to build, cutouts for coil mandrel, small post screws. Not much room to trap thick complex coils.
    • Bears repeating: FLAVOR!!!

Screenshot 2017-07-01 at 7.14.41 PM.png

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. muth

muth More than a poop!

Wow, can't tell you how many of those are out of stock. I have the Hussar and Ashura in my cart. Bonus: both come with bf pin.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. muth

muth More than a poop!

4. TheWestPole

Careful, I really don't think Ashura comes with a BF pin. Hussar RDTA is excellent IMO. Very small chamber volume. You can build it like you would a 16mm atty.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  5. TheWestPole

Cthulhu Ceto First Build

https://shop.cthulhumod.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=74

Using the included mesh (supposedly 300# SS 304) an 8.5 mm strip ~16 mm dia. yielded .27 ohm. For me it's a bit too slow to ramp on a mech with 30A battery, but on a regulated mod 4.5 V and up gets it going quickly enough. It's a very big warm vape at that point, great flavor, very smooth, no spitting. Next I'll be trying a smaller diameter, thinner strip of mesh, etc. to see if I can get the build more mech friendly.

The BF pin works wonderfully, easily and quickly saturating the wick (rayon in this build). And if you burrow a hole down to the top of the pin you get a fountain effect when sqonking which is easy to see through the DT and thus easy to control.

So far so good. :)

IMAG2894_picmonkeyed.jpg IMAG2891_picmonkeyed (1).jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  6. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  7. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I literally laughed for five minutes :rofl: Hell, I'm still going :laugh: Also, my first association :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Safe Zone Moderator

9. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

10. TheWestPole

11. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I decided to order the Hussar too.

12. TheWestPole

I think it's a good bet for you since you like Narda. I hope they implemented the BF well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I hope so too. Should be hearing from other people soon I would think. I won't see it for weeks.

14. TheWestPole

I have a specific concern about how they implement the BF based on what I had to do. If you find that you can't squonk the tank section full because it sucks back most of the juice let me know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I see what you mean...maybe. lol I will though. Thanks. :)

16. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Well, I've spent about 48 hours with the Cthulhu Mods Gaia 24mm RDTA. For me it's just OK. I love the concept but IMO they missed on three things that would have elevated it toward the top of my Squonk Atty list. First miss is it's a dual coil only. It would have been easy to include adjustable cap openings and plugs to allow it to also be a single coil RDTA. Second miss is not having independent bottom and side AFC. Again, another easy fix via design. The third miss is the tank volume, 2 ml is not enough. Again, another easy fix by doubling the tank height.

The only other things I would like is: 1) a taller Ultem drip tip... just a little taller, like 4-5 mm and 2) it tends to suck back e-liquid from the tank, not horrible but annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. TheWestPole

Thanks for posting. I agree with your points, except I prefer smaller tank capacity on BF RDTAs. I've got several which are dual coil only. They have their place, but those with plugs for single coil I tend to always use that way.

18. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Oh, additionally I wish they would have gone full Ultem top cap, the metal gets hot. And, the bottom air flow is too restrictive on its own along with being too narrow for most of my coil builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. TheWestPole

20. TheWestPole

Zero to feeling the fool in record time. I bought the authentic. :rolleyes:

http://hotecig.com/Product/CETO-Styled24mm-RDA-Rebuildable-Dripping-AtomizerSilver-62261

Screenshot 2017-08-08 at 3.01.25 PM.png

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 2
    • List