Squonk Attys: Recent, New, and Coming

Discussion in 'All Things Squonk' started by TheWestPole, Jun 26, 2017.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

What about the suck back? Do I remember correctly? It's been awhile but, yes, I remember this to be a nicely machined atty with a great vertical coil deck. NIce pic, btw:)

2. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

In practice, no biggie IMO. Holds much more than an RDA. :)

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

I haven't bought much myself lately. I started bringing out some old attys and putting new kinds of builds on them, like making chimney coils where I can.

4. So vertical coils, what is the benefit or what do you gain? I have some velocity decks it should be easy to throw them into, however I was never sure what the benefit was besides to look cool. I am too old to worry about looking cool so I have never attempted. Then wicking how does that work?

5. TheWestPole

Vertical coils radiate vapor sideways, away from the drip tip, so no spitting, super smooth vape. Wick is trimmed at top and spread out below in the juice well.

[​IMG]

6. So definitely something to try. Thanks, I will have to give them a try. Wicking is what I thought but I didn't want to assume.

7. GT_1955

GT_1955 New Member

Yeah mate, I did the same thing and also bought a 5-pack of replacement glasses (haven't tried them yet for fit)

8. TheWestPole

Oh yeah, been wondering about those. Hope they fit.

9. GT_1955

GT_1955 New Member

Wonder no more mate, they fit fine, don't appear to weep and look much better :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. TheWestPole

Thanks. In the cart, as they say. :)

11. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

@TheWestPole , trying it for my first time. So far so good, even took and extra spitty atty and used it. Only thing I am wondering is what do you do with the top of the wick? It seemed like too much sticking straight up, so I kinda folded it down a bit. Maybe I should have cut it a bit shorter and just left it as is?

12. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

It's vaping wonderfully, just seems kind funny, or wrong?
    15330911675912079096203.jpg

And yes, tried it on an RDA before squonk, just worked out that way for me.

13. TheWestPole

Yeah, Ryan, that's blocking some of the vapor. Trim shorter and let it stand up like a brush cut.

Dual horizontal coils (off center) are a bit less spitty than center singles, so you won't get quite the smoothness bump. Try it on center single coil atty. Dramatically smoother, especially as your coil gets gunky. :thumb:

14. TheWestPole

This Wotofo Profile clone has turned out to be really good. Very well made. Uses a much smaller strip of mesh than my Ceto and fires instantaneously. Big flavor and super smooth vapor. I've been expecting spitting because of the orientation of the mesh, but so far so good. I am using an 810 to 510 adapter and smaller drip tip which probably helps. We'll see if it's as smooth when the mesh starts to get gunky. At under $10, definitely recommended.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9683961

Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 8.17.44 PM.png

15. muth

muth More than a poop!

Glad your enjoying it. I've been wanting this one but got sidetracked with other mesh toys. $10 wow, can't go wrong. Thx for the link. I hear the spring gismo works well. My experience with other mesh decks, similar to this but w/o a spring has been positive. I found it to stay fairly smooth even towards the end. Just the usual loss of flavor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. muth

muth More than a poop!

Going to call it a wrap. Sweet dreams everyone:love::):love:

17. TheWestPole

Update: Okay, the laws of physics have not be repealed, the mesh will spit as it starts to get gunky. I'd alreaduy switched to a 510 drip tip, and then to a screen drip tip when it started to get spitty. Not a deal breaker. Still a very good horizontal mesh atty.

18. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Not sure how new or recent, but some atty's I have been using lately. Ceto mesh
    20190315_193820.jpg

This thing is a beauty IMO. I am just getting started with mesh, and this is one of the smoothest, non spitting/popping vapes I have ever had. Just loving it. Only draw back is it whistles with all five af holes open. Lucky for me, I like it with three :) Strongly recommend

Iris Mesh
    20190315_193801.jpg
    This one is OK. Not quite as smooth as Ceto with same build, but still plenty good. One thing I hate, and guess would make me not recommend is the screws on the posts are too close together, making you cut your strip of mesh much thinner than I would like. It really is a good vape though.

Azathoth
    20190315_194915.jpg
    This is not a mesh, but I really enjoy it. It's basically a squonkable Velocity as far as vaping goes...... I definitely prefer this one wide open

Serpent mini
    1552699046047982154006.jpg

Love it. Zero complaints. I absolutely love how the deck pushes up into cap, no O ring, zero chance of leakage :)
    15526992218431898754014.jpg

19. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Recurve single coil
    15526994181932027133249.jpg

Great vape, and probably more due to my love of the looks of it, I now own in every color :facepalm: Super easy as well. Draw backs
    Can get spitty if not wicked really, really tight, and can over squonk if not careful

Dead Rabbit 24mm and Dead Rabbit 22mm single coil
    15526997680671266523072.jpg
    Eh, I just don't get great flavor from either, so I would not recommend. Shame really, I love the DR RDA. Maybe just due to the set up, makes a better dripper than squonker?

Wormhole
    1552700164845704963858.jpg
    Just OK. Nothing really wrong, but nothing blowing me away either

Ghoul single coil
    1552700281664194739464.jpg

Love it. My most used squonk atty by far, atm. Easiest build ever (takes seconds) fantastic vape (simi tight dlh) flavor machine. And can be found for $10 or $11 :) Can oversquonk if not a tad careful