1. Support to VapingBlips...

Donate now to help VB continue to be your social and vaping home.Read more here...

2. New Contest - MFS Word Smash! Win $20 Credit!!!

Thank You Reddhott Contests, contests, contests!!!

3. 2017-2018 VB Fantasy Football

Let the Trash Talk Begin!!!

Purely Social

Resolved Sandbox

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by 100%VG, May 17, 2015.

1. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Hello IMI,

I wonder if we could get a Sandbox Area. A place where we can test things and post them, but not have them seen publically yet. The Preview doesn't always seem to show things as they would actually appear when posted. And we could delete them afterward. There are some features here that I haven't seen work this way before. Anything left there for a period of time could be deleted by Staff. I looked but didn't see a Sandbox.

2. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for... do you mean a place where you can edit posts and tweak them a bunch before you basically copy and paste them to a real thread somewhere else?

3. 100%VG

It would be a board (I guess) created by you where anyone can make a thread to test of features. Let's say someone doesn't quite know how to post a picture or a video with the tools in the bar. They can play with it there. For me right now, it's the things in Insert. I guess your description is pretty good, too.

It's not a Private area. Just not a common thread with high traffic. Sometimes someone will create a thread and test something. I used to find those threads, test whatever I wanted, then delete it from that thread. Admin would clear the threads regularly.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  4. InMyImage

This is done. The new forum will always be at very bottom of the main forum list and is called "Area 51"

I have it set up so that it will not trigger any notifications or show up on anyone's new posts lists or post counts.

All threads are subject to be deleted every 24 hours and I'll look into automating that sometime in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. 100%VG

Thank You kindly, Sir! :toast:

Area 51 is a cool name for it. :rofl:

6. InMyImage

Yeah, I changed it. Originally it was "Testing and Training Area" and then when I was typing my reply back to you, as soon as I finished the word "Area" I realized I needed to change the name :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Bigdaddybrink1

Bigdaddybrink1 Recovering Alcoholic blip

let me ask ya this.
    do the area 51 threads count for your thread count or no? i wld hope not cause they get deleted after 24 hours..........................just asking.

8. InMyImage

Brink, saw that you had deleted this post and I restored it because it was a good question.

The answer is no, posts created in Area 51 do not count towards a users post count.

9. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

test

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017