Rapist free

Discussion in 'In The News... Funny or Serious...' started by kelli, Sep 2, 2016.

1. kelli

kelli The original blip

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  2. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Sad, just very sad. Worst part to me, 6 month sentence? Really, 6 months? Even if he served the entire sentence, wtf is 6 months?

3. kelli

kelli The original blip

yes, he could have gotten 14 years.......the prosecution asked for a minimum of 6 years. you see what he got. the worst part was what his father said at the trial. "all this for 20 minutes of action?" then the judge explained how prison would have a severe impact on poor brock. unreal.

4. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Really truly hate hearing stuff like this. I try my best to keep faith in our system, but stuff like this sets me back every time :( Almost a given he does it agan :mad2:

5. moecat

moecat No sodding blips to give

The only "consolation" from all of this is if he's ordered to register as a Tier 3 offender. Meaning that for the rest of his life, he has to provide his address and personal information to law enforcement every 90 days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. kelli

kelli The original blip

and he will be.

7. Shark Vape

Shark Vape Expert parker...

With luck, the girl's dad will hunt down this piece of filth and castrate him with a rusty rose clipper.

8. Jerry

Jerry Should Be Committed

Damn sickening !!!!! Grrrr.

9. Cruel-Phate

Cruel-Phate Bronco blip!

I don't know wtf is wrong with this world....I was just talking about this shit this morning, "beyond me how the prosecutors lose this case but then he's allowed to be a trusty and cut his time in half, "little rich boy needs a bat right up his ass!

10. muth

muth More than a poop!

I heard about this yesterday morning. So, he comes from money? Rich people always get away with "murder", which means that someone can always be bought off and that, in turn, means that money is more important to the human race than dignity, compassion and justice. So, all involved are guilty and criminals in their own right and that's why kelli's statement is so true: What woman wants to take the chance of reporting her rape, knowing that the chances of getting "raped" again, are high?

And this kid's father sounds like he groomed his own son for this kind of behavior.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

That's actually my preferred method of sentencing ;)

I believe that if you commit a violent crime your punishment should be the same as what you did to your victim. I'd like to see the "cruel and unusual" argument against making a rapist get raped or a murderer getting beat to death with a hammer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

+1 from me. I have always felt the punishment should fit the crime. They could even make it a bit worse imo. I think it's pretty simple, if you don't want something heinous done to you, don't do something heinous to someone else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Shark Vape

Shark Vape Expert parker...

If I were king, forcible rape and child molestation would carry a one strike and yer out sentence... 25 to life.
    Mandatory death penalty for a second offense... with no judge discretion.

14. muth

muth More than a poop!

Spoken like true fathers of daughters. I might not have a daughter but I can see your POV easily.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

I thought I'd already posted this a while ago, but maybe it was somewhere else. As I recall, the victim's incredibly powerful statement is what first drew attention to the case nationwide. It's what first got my attention. Everyone should read it. Though she's been fucked over multiply throughout all this, she did a great service for other women and for the issue's recent focus in public consciousness.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...atement-of-brock-turners-victim-a7222371.html

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. InMyImage

Yes, she has been victimized over and over for this crime and I just hope her strength helps her get over it as time moves on.

17. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

This guy is from Oakwood, a suburb of Dayton, Ohio. I grew up in Kettering, a suburb just south of that. Oakwood is the wealthiest area there; the "old" money.....the 1920's Tudor mansions, etc. Everyone refers to Oakwood as "the Dome" because it's as if there is an invisible dome over the city protecting its inhabitants from the rest of the community and from getting caught for misdeeds.

When I was in school (U of Cincinnati) I met a guy from Oakwood and became involved. Many of these people, both sexes, were a spoiled brats, driving expensive cars bought for them, wearing designer clothes, throwing outrageous parties and getting into legal trouble; including my "boyfriend", not a friend at all, it turns out. The parents always bought their children's way out----including my "not" boyfriend......I was assaulted at 19 (hospital visit) although not sexually. It went to court but he got off with nothing, of course; best lawyer in town, paid by daddy. This type of behavior and the lack of consequences has not changed at all.

I've sort of been watching this situation. I did see a photo of the house that he went "home" to. What I can tell you is that it is definitely not in Oakwood any more. There are no houses like that in Oakwood at all----not that new or in that middle-class suburban style. Looks like they moved.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 5
    • List
  18. InMyImage

maybe the expensive lawyers took the silver spoons out of their mouths...

19. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

I can only hope he spent his three months with Ben Dover as a cellmate.

20. InMyImage

And Open Wide ;)