1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Picture Posting - Part II

Discussion in 'Forum Tips and Tricks' started by Simply Red, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Simply Red

Simply Red Coiler and DIYer

This is "Part II" on the "how to's" on posting pictures. This method will allow you to post pictures from your device (PC, phone or tablet) where you have them stored in a folder. I'll be using my iPad for this post, as well.

First, you'll want to click the "Upload a File" button under the "post window"...

[​IMG]

This will open a "pop-up" and it will say "Choose File" and show you the different types of files the "forum software" will accept.

[​IMG]

I'm going to choose "Photo Library"

[​IMG]

On the PC, you would go to your "Pictures Library"

[​IMG]

From your photo library, choose a folder ("camera roll" for me)

[​IMG]

Select a picture from your folder

[​IMG]

And once loaded, it will show options at the bottom that you can choose. Where it shows "Attach Files", the 2 options are "Thumbnail" or "Full Image".

[​IMG]

Thumbnail is just a little picture

[​IMG]

And Full is just that. A full sized picture but, adjusted by the "forum software" to fit in the post window.

[​IMG]

Whichever size picture option you choose, make sure you click in the post field where you want your picture to appear.

Again, you can add text before or after your picture. Need help? Ask away! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  2. dubya

dubya Blissfully bewildered billet box blip

Thanks for all the help Red :thumb: I think I am bass akwards from most, as I am good on the phone, but struggle on the laptop.
    The other thread has a few things I want to try, that may solve my problem :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2016
  3. Simply Red

:cool: If you need any other help, just let me know. :D

4. dubya

@Simply Red , a lot of times when trying to insert a gif, I get the error, file to large? Know anything about that?

5. Simply Red

Now, that I've not heard of. :blink: I'm assuming you're getting a .gif from Bing or Google. Maybe @ghost62 or @InMyImage can help us out on that one.

6. dubya

Just gif's that I have stored in my phone. Not sure where they originally came from. I'll try one here from lap top.

7. dubya

8. dubya

ok, seems all good on lap top

9. Simply Red

This is what I see. :blink:

IMG_0029.PNG

10. dubya

Ok, really odd :???: on lap top it showed up just fine (for me) now on phone, that post is blank :mad::blink:

11. Simply Red

I'm thinking, if you post a ".gif" that has a "http" in front of it, it'll take. The forum software may not recognize "internet address" of the one in your phone/on the PC. Best I got.

12. Shark Vape

Shark Vape Expert parker...

I see a blank post...

13. Shark Vape

Rt click on image
    Copy image address

then paste into img tags

I notice this when I try to copy image addy from the Google splash screen. Those addresses are 500 characters long! You must open the actual image to get the real address.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Shark Vape

duplicate post

15. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

File sizes are limited and sometimes .gifs are too large. An easy way to reduce them is by using ezgif.com
    Other times, as Shark pointed out, the file name is some convoluted mish-mash that Google comes up with and it won't work. Visiting the actual site and copying the image from there works much better

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List