1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Phantus Mini Style 18350 Mechanical Mod by Waidea

Discussion in 'Unregulated Mech Mods' started by TheWestPole, May 1, 2015.

1. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

This finally came in yesterday. It is perhaps the most expertly manufactured clone mod I have ever had. Just beautiful. As expected, it is way too heavy to use as a shirt pocket stealth rig. (You're not going to believe how heavy, @glassgrl. :D) My plan was to install a brass extension tube to bring it up to 18650 and use it at home.

Here's the bitch. The threading of the switch into the body is reverse threading. There goes my easy to make extension tube. I'm not going to buy a left hand tap just for this. This means however I rig up the extension tube, I will not be able to use the Phantus switch. Oh well, a SMPL switch would still be nice. :)

IMAG0433_picmonkeyed.jpg Screenshot 2015-05-01 at 12.18.09 PM.png

2. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I'm jelly! Didn't get mine yet. That looks really nice Tim! Can't be heavier than the Kato. lol

3. TheWestPole

:D It can! :eek:

4. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Seriously?!? Maybe I can make them part of a new exercise regimen...:D

5. TheWestPole

You'll need to vape Gatorade with this one. ;)

6. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Question for you Tim. Would protected 18350s work in it do you think? I have them for the...oh shoot. What's it called, the little black mech? You have one.

7. TheWestPole

Gripper? I don't see why not, long as it's not a low sub ohm build. Even then, it would just crap out I believe.

8. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Yes! Thank you. I am so brainfried right now. :eek: That's good, I don't go much below 1 ohm anyway. As long as they fit, I'm good to go. Gave my son all the other 18350s for his Vamo.

9. TheWestPole

Becca, you still interested in Erlkonigin Mini?

10. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Possibly! Is it single coil?

11. TheWestPole

Single coil. Somehow I got the impression you already had an Erl and wanted a mini version. If you have a regular one then you've figured out the wicking. If not, not sure you want to deal with the new learning curve. Anyway, I have two.

Screenshot 2015-05-01 at 6.47.42 PM.png

12. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

If you're looking to get rid of one, I'm your girl. I love a good learning curve. lol
    I don't have a regular one, I have enough regular size RTAs, so didn't pick one up.

13. TheWestPole

Okay, you will be my first call. I haven't made a final decision. They're not available anymore. If I let go and regret it, tough luck for me. :oops:

14. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

You should at least keep it for parts, just in case. I'm sure I don't need anything else anyway. lol
    I keep looking at your picture up there. Man, that thing is nice looking! C'mon mail lady!

15. TheWestPole

:D Yeah, didn't that phone snap turn out kinda like a catalog photo? Good light in the living room. :)

16. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Guess what I got today? :D Tim, you were NOT kidding about the weight!! 319 grams compared to the now-relatively-lightweight 193 gram Kato. Good mod for coming home late or walking on dark streets.
    And as much as I'd like to say it's fabulous, I can't yet. You know those protected batts I wanted to use? Not recommended. Especially not before checking to see if they're charged. :oops: Those little suckers have just enough extra circumference to be stuck like a tick on a dog. lol Off to find the allen keys....

17. TheWestPole

Maybe that's what the little leash post is for. A swinging flail. :)

Bummer about the batteries. o_O

18. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

And what? They go in positive first??? This thing is like a Fiat. lol

I stole one of my son's batts for a second. Holy wow, this is super nice! I'm going to go check out the new Madvapes tomorrow and get some batts for it.

Tim, that's the best explanation for that little post. Ever. :)

19. Kken

Kken New Member

[​IMG]

Its a great device, I also have the Waidea version. The photos make it look deceptively larger than it really is, and the biggest surprise you will have is how heavy the device actually is once you pick it up. (No idea why anyone would consider using the plastic lanyard hook though; if it breaks off, it wont be nice experience having this thing fall on your foot!)

[​IMG]

Regarding the locking ring, if you are having issues with it getting stuck, simple fix is to throw on a thin oring as shown. This will allow you to flick the ring as hard as you like and never worry about it getting stuck.

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Such a good idea Kken!