Resolved Page going straight to new post when clicking topic?

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Ld3441, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

I know the title is not clear but I wasn't sure how to word it and hope I can get my meaning across better.

When viewing forum threads and one is red meaning new posts, when you go into that thread can it be set up so you go straight to new post when clicking thread title instead of having to click on "view new post" (I think that is what it says, may not be exact) after you get into thread? It now always goes to first post.

It is only one less click and maybe I am just lazy. :lol:
    If this is not doable here, I have no problem with that I was just asking. ;)

2. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

There is a small red circular button just to the left of the title that is supposed to take you to the first unread post in a thread.

I say "supposed to" because it doesn't seem to always work, but this data is stored in a database and I don't know what the trigger is to capture where you are on a page when viewing posts. Actually I've always wondered because it is a cool feature.

MidNite also mentioned that he has noticed that any thread I start seems to always go to the first post and he thinks it's to make sure everyone sees the original post before responding to the thread.

We are currently evaluating a couple of different software platforms to move the forum to that will hopefully already include most of the feature requests that have been made, but it is going to take a bit of time for our testing and decisions to get finalized. I pulled together a group that I know has some pretty varied preferences and opinions in order to get a good cross/section.

And actually will add you to the PM thread so that you can tell us your thoughts on the accessibility side of things.

Bill

3. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

Thanks Bill! That works and I would have never known it was there.