OSDIY flavors

Discussion in 'Other Flavor Brands' started by glassgrl, Mar 5, 2016.

1. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Is anyone using these? Not sure why I waited so long to try them, guess I was pretty happy with what I had. Still, they had a strawberry I hadn't tried, a flavor that's difficult for me. Theirs is Strawberry Milk. It's not real strawberry tasting, but it tastes like strawberry milk, sweet and creamy. I had to hunt around the interwebs for percentages. Most of them said 15% for the SM. After using Inawera for so long, that seemed crazy high, particularly since most of the usual high % flavorings taste like chemicals to me. So I gave it a go at 15% anyway and it's delish.

I got Blackberry, also very good, Lucky Shot, an interesting blend. Pretty tasty but a bit too chemical right now.

So I would like to know if you've tried them, use them, and post your percentages you like. Why they don't put them on their website, I dunno.

2. Cruel-Phate

Cruel-Phate Bronco blip!

I dunno, they actually sound pretty tasty, I am looking at them now on the website and thinking about trying a few.
    ps. Happy Birthday @glassgrl

3. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

The only one I didn't like is the Blue Raspberry Slush that everybody raves about. And thanks. :)

4. muth

muth More than a poop!

My suggestion is to use ELRs flavor ratings. Right at the top they list the preferred percentages for single and recipe mixes.

5. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Thanks, Karen. I pretty much found the sweet spot for the 2 I use all the time. One of them is the Strawberry Milk at 10% along with 2% RFSC Strawberry. nom

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. muth

muth More than a poop!

Good to know. Sounds like you like the SC. I don't have any OSDIY (yet) but, yeah, I would usually be afraid of 10% of anything unless it was a vg based flavor.

7. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Oh that's right. I think they're PG. I do like that SC. Most of the other ones- not so much.

8. muth

muth More than a poop!

Yeah, I've heard that the vg based ones can lose flavor after a while. Kind of like the opposite of pg based.