Opinion on issues

Discussion in 'Political Banter' started by jj2, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

I'm sure names will come up but please keep them to a minimum when it comes to the upcoming election.

This is to express your opinions on the different issues that we are facing.

I'm sure we will get into some more serious stuff now and then but right now let's start with this.

California governor backs rules on cow, landfill emissions.
    Among other things, compliance with the bill will likely require California dairies to install "methane digesters" that convert the organic matter in manure into methane that can then be converted to energy for on-farm or off-farm consumption. The problem, of course, is that methane digesters are expensive and with California producing 20% of the country's milk we suspect that means that California has just passed another massive "food tax" on the country.

I'm not sure what methane digesters are but can guess.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...erry-brown-signs-bill-regulate-cow-flatulence

2. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I work at a dairy, and it has been said before that the cost of this would put us out of business :( I don't know much about it (good, bad, necessary, harmful) , but I don't want to be out of a job :( Not quite yet, anyway.

3. Shark Vape

Shark Vape Expert parker...

The Democratic supermajority along with Governor Moonbeam in California simply don't care about your business. They have chased out over 4,000 businesses from the state with over-regulation and ridiculous taxes.

This includes Toyota Motor Corp who took with it over 4,000 jobs.

But people still keep electing these far-left Representatives. I guess they vote for whichever entitlement that guy supports.

4. Blur

Blur boyish man blip!

5. Blur

Blur boyish man blip!

6. Blur

Blur boyish man blip!

7. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

The methane recovery experiments for dairies and land fills are California only, @dubya. Time will tell if they're ever proven worthy enough for other states to adopt them. That will remain an unknown for quite some time. Meanwhile, as with various forms of energy, we in CA will likely pay more for dairy products if/when the impact on the entire industry is felt.

The market for milk crosses all state borders however. If CA milk gets more expensive there are at least two reasons why it would be a positive for your company. If less CA milk is used in IL because of its higher price, demand will increase for the milk you make. And if, as the OP suggests, nationwide milk prices are driven upward, the profit margin of your company will increase, because it will not have the extra costs of CA milk production.

8. Shark Vape

Shark Vape Expert parker...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Thanks for the info. Makes me feel better about the whole deal. They seem to be always hanging on by a thread, but year after year keep going. I try to tell myself nothing I can do about that, just do my job and the rest is up to them.

10. TheWestPole

I don't know what your management's deal is. But fresh cow milk is a staple, and we won't be importing Chinese milk "styled" milk any time soon as far as I know. ;)

11. kelli

kelli The original blip

in other news........

if donald trump wins the election, he will be the first orange american president.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  12. jj2

Illinois lost Mitsubishi not long ago. businesses and people are leaving this State in droves. They still haven't smarted up.

13. jj2

Lord I hope not!

14. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. TheWestPole

Not just Illinois, @kelli's home town. :(

16. kelli

kelli The original blip

we still have a very low unemployment rate compared to the rest of the state tho. so far.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

e2fbbc21a99bef103a555103252e612ff9e887cd1b4e7e22e0c7038a3d945470_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. jj2

I know. Things just get worse and worse around here.

Ok up next. The TPP may actually happen in the next few months. This thing really worries me.

19. kelli

kelli The original blip

depending who you listen to, the TPP could be good or bad. i've heard convincing arguments on both sides.

20. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I have no clue what they are talking about. I can never understand this stuff :???:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.