Resolved Number of messages a user can store

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by moecat, Apr 6, 2015.

1. moecat

moecat No sodding blips to give

Currently it's 100. Can this be expanded?

2. Midniteoyl

Midniteoyl Seriously Committed

Why? You there already??

This setup we have now is very limited due to being free software and on a limited hosting plan..

3. moecat

moecat No sodding blips to give

Just asking :)

4. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Let me know if it becomes a problem and I can review the storage situation and performance. I'm really not sure how this software is going to consume the storage and server resources I get allocated on my current hosting plan which was just purchased originally to hold a very small blog.

Granted I know that some members are already generating quite a few PM's since I've been sending and receiving so many :)

5. Midniteoyl

Just have the oldest deleted as new ones come in..

6. Byter

Byter Blissful Blip

Is bulk export in other formats a possibility. I think we have CSV, but maybe something more email like? Or maybe a form that can convert CSV to a text document more suitable to reading... I could do this for word, but not everyone has word...

7. Midniteoyl

How much are you guys PM'ing? Im not close to full yet and get a crap ton everyday..

Should I be jealous.. or worried?

8. Byter

Byter Blissful Blip

lol... neither I think. When you get into a PM exchange each could have several replies back and forth. Glassgrl has at least 19 conversations (and its really not a count of messages back and forth it seems, but collections of messages / threads) managing the PIF keeping our personal information confidential. It adds up quick.

9. Midniteoyl

If you go to your Msg Center.. You can edit the default action to delete oldest msgs first when a new comes in, or, you can create a new folder to archive them into.. I believe the settings allow 4 folders each with 100 msgs..

BTW, I was wrong.. I've been at 100% and its just been deleting my oldest ones.. Oops :)

10. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Note that if you set messages to get transferred over into an archive folder it actually starts putting the new messages there as opposed to moving the oldest ones there, so I have been manually moving my old messages to my archive folders (I don't like to delete things, it gets me in trouble and I made that mistake very, very recently and regret it...).

Moving your old stuff manually makes room for the new stuff or else when you get a notice of a new message you won't see it in your inbox so think it was error or something until you notice that the new msgs are being put into the archive. I do have the auto-spillover set up just as a backup to ensure that old messages don't get deleted until I prune the stuff that is just basic chit chat.