Notification Issues

Discussion in 'I Need Help!!!' started by SteveS45, Jul 2, 2016.

1. SteveS45

SteveS45 Fade to black.................

Good Morning and I am trying to keep up not getting notifications makes it hard to stay caught up!

2. SteveS45

I tried making small changes to my notifications and saving but only receiving some emails.

3. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Make sure you are following the threads you want to get notifications for by checking the "watch/unwatch thread" option at the top right of the first post on each page.

After that, you can hover over alerts once and it will clear the number, but they stay in that popup dialog for a while (sorry can't remember the time limit off the top of my head) so you can look at them again to jump around to the different threads they are for.

Note that you will receive a notification for each rating you receive on a specific post as in "like" "love" "sympathy" etc, but you will only receive 1 notification that there have been new posts since you last viewed a thread even though there may have been more than one.

Also, if you go to the "watched threads" menu item at the top of the page when "Forums" is the active menu, then you will see a list of all threads with unread posts and you can jump to them from there.

Let me know if you think something is wrong because this is the same core software used elsewhere, but different options and add-ons are configured here so some things don't behave exactly the same way.

4. SteveS45

Notification on the site work fine but no email alerts for watched threads

5. SteveS45

It seems that threads I thought were watched are not listed. Used to a post in other forums automatically making it watched. I see the issue and resolution.

6. SteveS45

Still not seeing watched threads listed on unread watched threads until I read one.

7. InMyImage

A thread will only appear there if it has unread posts. There is a link at the bottom of the list to show all watched threads.

I've looked at your profile in my admin console and it does show that you have the preference set to automatically watch threads that create or reply but it was not set to watch them and send e-mails. I fixed that for you, but you might want to go to the top and "unwatch" a thread and then watch it again and select the option to send e-mails also.

Let me know if you did not want the option set to automatically watch and send e-mails and I can set it back to just watch.

8. SteveS45

@InMyImage Did you do the late night software update? It seems that notifications are working now. Some emails are delayed but others are before the notification in the upper right hand corner. Delays would most probably be the ISP or email providers.

9. InMyImage

Nope so glad that things seem to be working better now. Let me know if it becomes a problem again and we can think about commonalities that might be at play.

10. SteveS45

You never should have said anything now they seam to be acting up again!